Marvel Minimates Reviews

Leroy

Hey guys for those of you that haven't been able to grab either of these sets here's a review..

I'll start with the Avengers wave first

First up the god of mischief Loki

Front

Picture368.jpg

Back

Picture375.jpg

Score out of 5...4

Loki is a fantastic looking Mini. The paint on this new marvel wave is outstanding The colors on Loki are vibrant and very smooth and the only reason I didn't score the only villain in this wave a full 5 is because the cape is a re-use of Emma frost from wave 9 I think.

The detail in his face is simple yet captures the character well though I would have preferred a bit of a smirk rather than the scowl we got. Loki comes with a goblet, why im not really sure he's probably just thirsty.

Next up The mighty Thor

Score outta 5... 4.5

Front

Picture373.jpg

Back

Picture374.jpg

This, I think is the best figure in this wave. There are many new parts used in the creation of this mini thunder god. The boots are all one piece and not a foot with a boot slide over like the wolverine that came with the GSXM box set. Again like his evil counterpart the colors are all vibrant and capture Thors classic Look incredibly well. Thor of course comes with Mjolnir which is very well done for such a tiny accessory. The only reason I didn't give this one 5 is because the helmet sits a little to high on his heat because of the cape usually falls of while im looking at him, But still an awesome figure

She Hulk

Score out of 5...4

Front

Picture366.jpg

Back

Picture367.jpg

Jen Walters also makes for a great minimate. She has very smooth lines a nice face and the paint is great as well she re-uses Ult storms hair piece which works really well for the figure but she still has the lighting bolt earring ( painted green) which is the only reason I scored her 4. Shulky came with a bent metal rod but I didn't take any pics of if. Not really much more to say about this one but she is indeed a great addition to the minimate family

Wonder Man

Score out of 5... 3 my version...4

Front

Picture371.jpg

Back

Picture372.jpg

My version

Picture370.jpg

Wonderman is an ok looking mini mate but I think he is the let down of this wave (most have at least one)

There are a few reasons why I scored this figure 3 for the out of the pack version. Firstly the hair, Brown?? I always thought it was black. It's a re-use from many figures but the last I saw it on was riot spidey from the new avenger's wave and it doesn't really look great on him which is why I added Bruce Wayne's hair from the DC series 1 Batman which i think improves him greatly. The second reason I only gave him 3 was because of the neck line. He has a small bit of skin showing at the front above the W but this doesn't continue across the top to his neck which looks a bit odd.A variant ionic version would have been nice but Still worth getting.

Quicksilver

Score out of 5...4.5

Front

Picture380.jpg

Back

Picture381.jpg

A sweet looking figure I really like this one. The costume looks great the lighting strike down his chest is very well done and carries around his waist and up his back like it should. The face on this one reminds me a bit of Namor but still manages to capture Q's classic look. The hair on this one is probably the only let down as it's a re-use from Ult wolvy way back from wave one . It should have had the 2 wispy bits of hair (you know what I mean). A must have minimate for the avenger's fans out there

Scarlet Witch

Score out of 5...5

Front

Picture376.jpg

Back

Picture377.jpg

Classic Wanda is really captured in this mini. Unlike the ML version she doesn't have stubble which is great, the face looks great with minimal details. The hair piece is again all new and looks great. The red on the costumes is again bright which really offsets the pink on her arms and thigh's. If there was only one 2 pack to get from this set I think that this one should be it.

Thanks for reading and I'll be back in sec with the zombies

And now on to the zombies

As a bonus im going to review Zombie DD and Giant man so I'll start with them

Im not going to bother scoring these as a love them all to much so it's a straight 6 out 5

Front

Picture349.jpg

Picture348.jpg

Back

Picture350.jpg

These are awesome minimate's probably the most detailed so far. These were available as SDCC exclusives.

Zombie DD

Daredevil's is down right awesome. The detail on this is great. He has clear chest to so show where Magneto put the Iron through his chest. Under the mask the face is painted on but looks great and will be awesome for custom zombies. He also comes with his trademark Billy clubs.

Zombie Giant man

GM foray into the minimate world has angered some minimate fans as they felt we should have gotten an un-zombified version first, me I love it. This figure is creepy and again I can't stress the detail on this. Like most people my only real gripe with this mini is he's pretty small other than that a brilliant addition to the line

Now one to the actual boxed set starting with

Zombie Wolverine

Front

Picture354.jpg

Picture355.jpg

Back

Picture356.jpg

I picked this figure to do first because he cops the most slack as far as this set is concerned. I for one don't think he is too bad. The 'Power House' Chest piece really doesn't work for this figure as it makes him look massive but I understand why they've used it in trying to get the shoulder pads right. The detail is Fantastic but he should have a clear arm with the skeleton showing like in the series. The mask is decent but won't look any good on other versions as the yellow is all wrong. He also comes with a second hair piece from the new xmen version. Overall he's still cool in my books and as a pivotal character in the book deserves a place in this set.

Zombie Hulk

Front

Picture351.jpg

Back

Picture353.jpg

Much like wolvy, Hulk has the 'powerhouse' chest but in this case it works much better. He sports a new hair piece which looks great (and I think we'll see later on the defenders set Hulk). The attention to detail on these again is awesome. The chest has all his ribs exposed and the hands are a re-use of venoms from way back but they work we'll with set.

Zombie Col America

Front

Picture357.jpg

Back

Picture358.jpg

Cap....I mean Col uses most of the same parts from previous versions of cap. The only new piece is the head which is sculpted and not a mask like DD and shows the exposed brain that the red skull takes full advantage of.. The paint on this figure like the others will hopefully set a standard for the rest of the minimate lines to come. The good Col's only accessories are his shield which is splatted with a healthy amount of blood. The only things I think this figure needs are boots like the ones that came with the DC GA flash as they would round him off nicely.

Zombie Powerman

Front

Picture361.jpg

Back

Picture362.jpg

Powerman is the second best figure in the set. Everything about him screams awesome. The clear ribs AWESOME, the face, AWESOME the paint, AWESOME. This figure needs nothing more as I feel he is perfect.

Zombie Spidey W wasp

Front

Picture359.jpg

Back

Picture360.jpg

Zombie Wasp

I'll start this with wasp. Well what can I say she's a head. Like Giant man there was a cry of "why no 616 wasp first" I think this argument is really irrelevant because it's just a head and not a figure but that doesn't change the fact that's its pretty good. The sculpting is nice and the added spine at the bottom of the head looks great

Zombie Spidey

And here we have the star of this boxed set. The detail on this figure is simply amazing . Clear leg and a clear rib cage back and front set this figure off. This figure captures everything that this series was about. Much like cage every thing about this figure screams of greatness the webs' look great the head looks great the whole thing looks great

Overall for this boxed set I think that the only thing it could have used was a dismembered silver surfer but if you have 2 like me you'll try and make your own.

Picture365.jpg

I wonder will they ever do large scale minimate figure?.. Other than the $80 ones of the galactus and sentinal a more smaller scaled versions for these ones like giant man :)!! Thanks for the pics and review man I have to say the zombie DD & GM are both great looking!!

Hulk - good enough, could be better... Why didn't they make his stomach clear or something so you could see fleshy parts like arms & such in it?.. Or holo even I wonder?.. I loved how he would reeat stuff HEH!

WOlverine well... SUCKS! Hard to tell that he is even a ZOMBIE this could just be some battle damaged version of him :S

Cap - Rocks! Though I wish they would have come with a top part for his head! Removable top part... :D :D

Spidey Rocks!

Cage... eh.... good but seems lacking to me anyways:)

Man I hope my set comes in this week! You're pics make me want them even more! zombiemates are gona look great on display I wonder what else if anything they will do, is there any word on anything?.. With the ironman & BP two pack we can have even more on display :)