25th anniv screwups

mynameisash

If the line sucks it is really doing well in my area.I went to a few Walmart and 2 Targets today.Both Targets stores have sold out of the 25th ann figures.One Walmart had Cobra Commander and SnakeEyes and one has Stormshadow.If you talking about the 5 packs?Those are petty much everywere.The single carded figures are selling like hot cakes.

The silver cobra isn't a mistake. It's made to resemble the Cobra Trooper that came with the styrofoam Cobra Viper Glider back in 84. So no mistake has been made. Unless you are calling the original ARAH Viper Glider pilot a mistake.... and as we all know there were NEVER any mistakes made in the original line.

This is what I'm talking about:

cobra_1p5.jpg

Isn't this what the new figure is commemorating? If so, then it's a mistake.

The silver cobra isn't a mistake. It's made to resemble the Cobra Trooper that came with the styrofoam Cobra Viper Glider back in 84. So no mistake has been made. Unless you are calling the original ARAH Viper Glider pilot a mistake.... and as we all know there were NEVER any mistakes made in the original line.

This is what I'm talking about:

cobra_1p5.jpg

Isn't this what the new figure is commemorating? If so, then it's a mistake.

It SHOULD be what they're commemorating, but apparently they prefer to go with the more obscure figures and their less prominent color scheme or the comic book colors on some of these, and it's not looking pretty. I like the Red Cobra symbol better as well. If they want to do the GLIDER version of him, give us the damn glider then! ^_^

I don't know, with the rising cost of styrofoam gliders that might break the budget.

@loll@ Undoubtedly?

I think I'm in agreement with everyone that the fact that they can't hold their weapons like the original ARAH line and the fact that for the most part they can't sit right bothers me too. Also I find it difficult to pose some of the characters easily since the joints seem tighter than usual.

Proportions - legs too long (Flint looks much better with the comic-pack Flint's legs), some heads too small

Accessory-holding - difficult for some to hold accessories, difficult for others to hold them in a "normal" manner

Separate "Web Gear" - while some work, Flint's bandolier straps flop around when his top part (can't say "waist") moves

Top-Part/Chest articulation - often gives the "man breasts" appearance, or just awkward - the Star Wars "Vintage" Bespin Luke from this year has the same type of "joint", but his is lower, looks better & feels more solid

Elimination of Interchangeable Accessories - not every figure has a hole for backpacks, etc. - I can't put Gung-Ho's backpack on Flint (without glue) if I wanted to - that's a step backward

Elimination of me being able to customize (beyond switching legs and/or painting)

Everyone complains yet they still fly off the shelves. Amazing,isn't it? ;)

yeah..all two cases they put out...ONCE! @loll@

My complaint is that they're not avalible.

Seeing empty pegs for GI Joe and TF for WEEKS........I try to be patient, but it's getting old.

Everyone complains yet they still fly off the shelves. Amazing,isn't it? ;)

yeah..all two cases they put out...ONCE! @loll@

My complaint is that they're not avalible.

Seeing empty pegs for GI Joe and TF for WEEKS........I try to be patient, but it's getting old.

Exactly. It was ALMOST a total waste to drive to the other side of town since all I could find was FAB Frenzy.