25th anniv screwups

mynameisash

here are a list of screwups Ive noticed thus far with the 25th figure

-gloves on flint

-cobra emblem on hooded cobra commander

-varous equipment for certain figure

feel free to add

Crotch makes the legs too wide/far apart so they can't "sit" properly.

The head is mostly face/chin and not centered properly.

Figures with fists.

"Inappropriate" body reuse? Well more of a "lame" choice for body reuse like the Red Ninja, and TWO Comic-version Cobras.

Buzzer and Zartan but no Ripper and Torch, simply because people complained we didn't get him in VvV (new sculpt). @firedevil@

Flint and SE V2 should have gotten their own mold. For that matter, so should Timber. So should Storm Shadow V2, but I don't care about him as much.

Cobra Officer should have gotten an AK, and they should have laid off on the grey paint a little bit...

Articulation should have been standard for all figures. Personally, I think they should have all had ball-jointed knees, not just the females, but AT LEAST Destro and Roadblock should have had the double joint like all the other male characters. There was no reason for that - I don't want to see this line become like Star Wars.

Heads are a bit small in some characters, most notably Cobra Commander.

Cobra sigils are too small, especially on Cobra Commander and the Trooper/Officer.

A removable helmet on the Cobra Trooper/Officer is useless if they're all bald - it's too much of a distinguishing characteristic for an army-building character.

Articulation should have been worked on just a BIT more. Characters should be able to hold their weapons at the port. Articulation was perfect on the VOTC Stormtrooper - why weren't these? It's basically the same points of articulation. Ball jointed heads that don't really have any movement except side to side aren't any more articulated than the original '82-'84 RAH heads.

Serpentor and Zartan should have had the '80s look. Keep the Devil's Due influences out of it for a while, maybe after we've done most of the old characters...

I personally don't like Hasbro reusing old weapons molds. I was a bit disappointed when I realized Cobra Commander came with his original pistol instead of a newly sculpted one. Baroness and Destro were also disappointing in this area (although the hidden pistol Destro came with was a nice surprise!). Roadblock and Gung Ho are the best examples of what we should see - same weapons as the original, but a HUGE improvement.

I think more effort should have been placed on sculpting the uniqueness of the faces - either using the original RAH version or the Sunbow cartoon as a model.

They're still great figures, and these are all small points, but god is in the details, and it's a shame these couldn't have been PERFECT, because they were so close...

c'mon guy's it's still early in the game for the 25th annv. give hasbro a chance to work out the kinks.imho i think the line looks great.i was am still a fan of the vintage,but i love the new stuff.do i have a few complaints...yes the first that comes to mind is that destro's legs are way to skinny for my taste,but i believe they will eventually improve on him and others.

As for now i will buy for the most part every 25th anni. joe that comes out because i could'nt afford all of them when i was younger and now here's my chanceto own all that i had when i was little only i'm a moc collector now..give the line a year and watch hasbro put the nay-sayers to rest.

God bless,

JC #US1#

Flint and SE V2 should have gotten their own mold. For that matter, so should Timber. So should Storm Shadow V2, but I don't care about him as much.

Cobra Officer should have gotten an AK, and they should have laid off on the grey paint a little bit...

Articulation should have been standard for all figures. Personally, I think they should have all had ball-jointed knees, not just the females, but AT LEAST Destro and Roadblock should have had the double joint like all the other male characters. There was no reason for that - I don't want to see this line become like Star Wars.

Cobra sigils are too small, especially on Cobra Commander and the Trooper/Officer.

A removable helmet on the Cobra Trooper/Officer is useless if they're all bald - it's too much of a distinguishing characteristic for an army-building character.

Articulation should have been worked on just a BIT more. Characters should be able to hold their weapons at the port. Articulation was perfect on the VOTC Stormtrooper - why weren't these? It's basically the same points of articulation. Ball jointed heads that don't really have any movement except side to side aren't any more articulated than the original '82-'84 RAH heads.

Serpentor and Zartan should have had the '80s look. Keep the Devil's Due influences out of it for a while, maybe after we've done most of the old characters...

I personally don't like Hasbro reusing old weapons molds. I was a bit disappointed when I realized Cobra Commander came with his original pistol instead of a newly sculpted one. Baroness and Destro were also disappointing in this area (although the hidden pistol Destro came with was a nice surprise!). Roadblock and Gung Ho are the best examples of what we should see - same weapons as the original, but a HUGE improvement.

I think more effort should have been placed on sculpting the uniqueness of the faces - either using the original RAH version or the Sunbow cartoon as a model.

They're still great figures, and these are all small points, but god is in the details, and it's a shame these couldn't have been PERFECT, because they were so close...

I'll ditto all of this. Although I think Gung Ho's Grenade Launcher sucks, but other then that...I'm in line with all of this.

I love this line. I havn't looked forward Joes this much since I was a kid with the vintage line. But there are little things that should have been caught and fixed before they even went into production that could have made me go from loving it, to tearing out my hair crazy for them. I hope they fix these with future figures, and I hope they go back and redo some of the ones that suffered most because of it. IE: Duke, Cobra Commader, etc. But guys like Storm Shadow are pretty good. In fact I don't know why they didn't use SS as their base figure. He's nearly perfect and lacking many of the flaws that the others have.

"I'm a G.I. Joe fan. My default mood is that I don't like one thing about anything, ever."

Tom

Where the HELL you been?? ^_^

give the line a year and watch hasbro put the nay-sayers to rest.

I doubt the line will last that long before they put IT to "rest".

They're too inconsistent with everything, always have been, always will be, and about the time they hit a groove and it's starting to all come together, they jump ship and do something else. G.I.Joe ARAH wasn't born yesterday, they've been practicing with it for quite a while now, and I doubt another year of it, will make any difference than the last 7 years could have?

Hell, they're working with the old formula from 25 years ago, when it was at it's pinnacle, and they STILL can't get it right. @grumpy@

give the line a year and watch hasbro put the nay-sayers to rest.

If I've learned anything from my on again off again stint on these boards is some times nay-sayers or what have you will never be put to rest. But, I've also learned that said nay-sayers are just as much collectors, spenders, and opinionated as I am. I see the 25th anniversary - and I have some qualms, but no more or less than I had with ARAH - just different areas. I love what I have seen and I own all the 25th stuff out so far. Sure, some of the hands piss me off, and other type details, but I also realize I'll never have a completely perfect figure and these are better than just accurate or satisfactory to me.

If anything instead of putting said nay-sayers to rest, I hope to see a multitude of lines for them to dislike and me to love. @smilepunch@

Oh and Hi Tom!

Where the HELL you been??

Oh, you know. The Army is nice and all, but I have almost no time to myself after hours. We get off around 5 o'clock, and I usually need to get to sleep by 8 or 9... Well, there's that, and I'm lazy. ; D I like what I've done so far, and can't wait for my second deployment at the end of the month... but man, I can't wait to go back to my ol' 2003 schedule of college mixed with nerding out.

Oh and Hi Tom!

Hey sexy. ; 3

Meet me down by the bay. We'll watch the submarine races - maybe I'll let you get to second base!

Tom

The card art - I don't think they should have updated them, except I guess for their new incarnations of Serpentor and Zartan.

I truly wish we would have gotten something like the VOTC Star Wars figures packaging instead.

The crotches should all be made like Roadblock's; he can sit perfectly. Why weren't they all made like that?

Cobra has a red sigil, the Officer has a silver one. It's easy. Why the mix-up?!

Missing cammo on the knees. Lazy! Some of the proto-pics have it. Why Hasbro? Why why WHY?! (lol)

Some figures have a custom job look and feel to them. Where's the sculptor that did Major Barrage?

Some have double-hinge knees, others don't. Inconsistent!!

I'll continue to pick-apart and/or criticize until they match the consistency of the '85 through '91 run.

The silver cobra isn't a mistake. It's made to resemble the Cobra Trooper that came with the styrofoam Cobra Viper Glider back in 84. So no mistake has been made. Unless you are calling the original ARAH Viper Glider pilot a mistake.... and as we all know there were NEVER any mistakes made in the original line.

Everyone complains yet they still fly off the shelves. Amazing,isn't it? ;)

yeah..all two cases they put out...ONCE! @loll@

I'll ditto all of this. Although I think Gung Ho's Grenade Launcher sucks, but other then that...I'm in line with all of this.

I love this line. I havn't looked forward Joes this much since I was a kid with the vintage line. But there are little things that should have been caught and fixed before they even went into production that could have made me go from loving it, to tearing out my hair crazy for them. I hope they fix these with future figures, and I hope they go back and redo some of the ones that suffered most because of it. IE: Duke, Cobra Commader, etc. But guys like Storm Shadow are pretty good. In fact I don't know why they didn't use SS as their base figure. He's nearly perfect and lacking many of the flaws that the others have.

I actually like Gung Ho's grenade launcher. It sucks that, if you were a kid, it'd fall apart and you'd lose pieces, but I love the idea of posing Gung Ho in a loading position. I don't move these around much, so it doesn't bother me, but I do see your point.

I have a small problem with Duke's binos - I put them in a small accessory ziplock bag, and then put that into a bigger one, because I know I'll lose them otherwise (did the same with Heavy Metal's mic, for instance). I know there are small binos out there, but they look more like 1/35 or 1/32 scale than something Duke should have. Also not that the '84 binos look quite a bit more modern than these, more normal ones.

Come to think of it, I'd also have preferred a green-coloured weapon, and either something more like the old Stalker/Duke SMG or else the Snowjob rifle everyone carried on the cartoon (not painted black, but tan).

I LOVE the 25ths. Very impressed. So far they all look great except Serpentor to me.

My only gripe if figure choice....Red Ninja?!?! WTF?!?! Thats a slot they could have given to Eels.

THREE Storm Shadows and Snake Eyes?! Though the SE's all look sweet! There are other characters that could of been made in their place.

Lastly the Cobra Legions set...we get a V3 SS, a gas trooper thats still peg warming TRU. an ugly CC. The only thing redeming about ths set is the Stinger driver. I would have Taken out the trooper, SS, and the gas trooper and replaced em with a Crimson Guard and Tomax & Xamot

The silver cobra isn't a mistake. It's made to resemble the Cobra Trooper that came with the styrofoam Cobra Viper Glider back in 84. So no mistake has been made. Unless you are calling the original ARAH Viper Glider pilot a mistake.... and as we all know there were NEVER any mistakes made in the original line.

No, the switched emblems IS a back-pedal/mistake. Lucky for Hasbro, someone remembered the Viper Pilot so that made it "okay". But I see your trying to be sarcastic (I think ;) ). Remember the Python versions of the Officer and Trooper?

Damn, I knew there was something else I was gonna mention.

c'mon guy's it's still early in the game for the 25th annv. give hasbro a chance to work out the kinks.imho i think the line looks great.i was am still a fan of the vintage,but i love the new stuff.do i have a few complaints...yes the first that comes to mind is that destro's legs are way to skinny for my taste,but i believe they will eventually improve on him and others.

As for now i will buy for the most part every 25th anni. joe that comes out because i could'nt afford all of them when i was younger and now here's my chanceto own all that i had when i was little only i'm a moc collector now..give the line a year and watch hasbro put the nay-sayers to rest.

God bless,

JC #US1#

That's just it, it's discussions like this that, hopefully, Hasbro takes notice of and "works out the kinks". It happened with T-Crotches when G.I. Joe returned, didn't it?

And, really, the ACTUAL complaints/changes that need to be made are minimal for the line to be "nigh-perfect".

1) Fix the Crotch (Roadblock seems to have the "best"). There is NO reason the crotch can't resemble a RAH crotch.

2) Uniform articulation. RAH had it, even new sculpt, not counting some that had swivel wrists, some that had swivel or jointed ankles. So why not here? The problem parts are NOT the added stuff but the stuff Hasbro had 25 years of practice on!

3) Hands. While it looks cool for the occasional pose of CC to have a fist, the weird hands end up being more of a nuisance than "looking cool". The Hydro-Viper was kinda of a novelty, but the Coils was a total waste and the Neo-Viper was stuck in that permanent one pose (like 25th Roadblock).

4) Heads. What the hell happened after Mutt and Barrage? Did they fire the guy who designed those heads in favor of they guy who did the "giant-face" heads we have on the 25th?

Fix those four things and everything else is fluff (like gloves on Flint), pretty much. Hell, they could do similar to Microman and have interchangeable hands.

Well as far as articulation went, when the line first appeared they did a straight armed version of the figures that was fixed later. Then, and NOW..... When I was a the comic con, Tazzman and I got to talk to the designers who stated the articulation is a big focus, and they are in the stages of working out better articulation like (John-Lead designers example) that they want to make the wrists more posable so you can have your figure holding the gun correctly and pose him/her so that they are looking down through the scope. I did mention about I want to see vehicles, in which he replied these figures so far are not made to fit into vehicles but with high quality in mind as a start, they will look into the vehicles and make the neccesary changes down the line.

I agree they should have had the whole picture looked at first since vehicles were a big part of the arah line. But I do believe from talking to them that they do have a good game plan going on and want to take care to keep this line going with neccesary changes going through as needed.

I am a huge gi joe fan and will collect the toys as long as there is a line, as well as the comics/cartoons/movies.

I am glad there is a line to buy now, and at the quality that it is. These guys there said about how surprised at how well the line is doing and that it took off. They did listen with care about feedback, and sound like they want to take good care of it, since they are fans themselves.

I'm sure they will ask for more feedback/do more polls etc, and we can do our feedback then as well as with the q & a's that they let us be part in.

I look forward to the future of the line and will always be a Joe fan

I can't wait for the vehicles and am hoping to see a rattler w/ wild weasel, sharc with deep six, and whale w/ cutter all done right

As far as screw ups go I don't see anything wrong with the line thus far and do see minor things that could be reincluded down the line like the small print list of accessories down the side. and maybe with the silver logo on the cobra troop, they should have labeled that as a air trooped and included it with a glider and done the red symbol right on the trooper.

But I know for me with this line, I get that giddy feeling of a kid at christmas when I see news/the toys on shelfs for me to buy

Btw I love the new comic, and think they are doing an excellent job with it, I also have most of the original marvel comics which i read cover to cover. I am proud to be a Gi Joe fan, and an American.

I was kinda iffy about the Cobra battle pack number 2, but when I saw the high res pics, I like all the figures, and can't wait to pick that up, and hope they do more battle packs

Thats my 2 cents.

i hate the new figures.

i only bought 2 which is cobra officer and stormshadow vers 2

and they piss me off cause with all the newly added articulation they still only do about the same amount of poses the original line did.

the heads are way to small on most of the ones i have seen

and there's nothing really special about them.

i think the major reason this line lacks something is due to the fact that it's geared towards adults and not kids.

the original line was awesome because they were kids toys.

the body sculpting is much better. they look more like adults.

but i still don't like them.

maybe i'm getting old and set in my ways.