DC Universe Classics Series 1

Man, those are beautiful. This is probably the first complete super hero toy line I will have bought since the Sentinal series of Marvel Legends. I can't wait to get these and anything else put out in this line.

I have to admit I'm not into all these characters. I know who they are, and a little about each (save Bats, him I know too much about) and yet I'm dying to get them. Red Tornado? No idea who he was really, when the first pics showed up. So I went and did a little digging and now, bang, I'm a fan. Pretty much the same for the other characters. Mattel didn't go with the big names outta the gate but the sculpts of the lesser known figures were good enough to make me not only want the figure, but also learn more about the character. The second wave did the same thing. So, call Mattel 2 for 2 so far here. Now if I knew when to start looking I'd been even happier. Even moreso if they fix their distribution and manage to get these into the retailers consistently.

Sweet! gotta have that Batman...

A woman after my own heart!

I too am excited about this new line. It will be good to see the other characters get some articulated treatment.

I too am also upset with the chase thing. I remember the MOTU crap and that was pure crap! It was like the scalpers got a hint and were at the docks with $$ to pay off the trucj\k driver to give them the figs

Forget the chase figures, I just want to be able to find the figures period. DCSH has had some pretty bad distribution in my area, either with no presence on shelves, or just Supermans and Bizarros clogging the pegs. I still haven't seen the Two-Face wave. So, the chases are going to be annoying to be sure but I just want to be able to get my hands on the regular versions first.

Forget the chase figures, I just want to be able to find the figures period. DCSH has had some pretty bad distribution in my area, either with no presence on shelves, or just Supermans and Bizarros clogging the pegs. I still haven't seen the Two-Face wave. So, the chases are going to be annoying to be sure but I just want to be able to get my hands on the regular versions first.

yup what you said but in most cases in this line it sounds like a lot of the chase figures will be regular figures too much like how toybiz would do it...

I'm still wondering what the sizes of these guys are going to be.... I would love for big guys like the Demon to be as big as he should be .... and I'm wondering if these are basically same scaled with the DC Superhero? or are these guys going to have better proportions?

You know what I mean ?

I'm still wondering what the sizes of these guys are going to be.... I would love for big guys like the Demon to be as big as he should be .... and I'm wondering if these are basically same scaled with the DC Superhero? or are these guys going to have better proportions?

You know what I mean ?

The DCUC line is gonna be in the 6'' scale, same as DCSH line. FYI, Etrigan is more massive than he is tall, so his scale is fine. I believe he's no taller than 6'2 in the comics, if that. Depends who draws him, sometimes he's depicted as being around 5'11 & he never really stands straight up, instead he always is in a hunched stance.

By proportions, do you mean articulation?

You know what I mean ?

The DCUC line is gonna be in the 6'' scale, same as DCSH line. FYI, Etrigan is more massive than he is tall, so his scale is fine. I believe he's no taller than 6'2 in the comics, if that. Depends who draws him, sometimes he's depicted as being around 5'11 & he never really stands straight up, instead he always is in a hunched stance.

Info on Etrigan the demon

Marital Status: Single

Known Relatives: Arch-duke Belial of Hell (father); Raan Va Daath of the Pit (mother); Merlin the Magician (half-brother)

Group Affiliation: Degenerates Anonymous; Rhyming Demons Local 101

Height: 6'4" (as the Demon); 6' (as Jason Blood)

Weight: 352 lbs. (as the Demon); 182 lbs. (as Jason Blood)

Eyes: Red

Hair: None (as the Demon); Red with a white streak (as Jason Blood)

El Kabong, wave 1 is slated for sometime in Jan/Feb 08. Though it would be awesome if they could sneak this wave in during the holidays.

You know what I mean ?

Info on Etrigan the demon

Marital Status: Single

Known Relatives: Arch-duke Belial of Hell (father); Raan Va Daath of the Pit (mother); Merlin the Magician (half-brother)

Group Affiliation: Degenerates Anonymous; Rhyming Demons Local 101

Height: 6'4" (as the Demon); 6' (as Jason Blood)

Weight: 352 lbs. (as the Demon); 182 lbs. (as Jason Blood)

Eyes: Red

Hair: None (as the Demon); Red with a white streak (as Jason Blood)

El Kabong, wave 1 is slated for sometime in Jan/Feb 08. Though it would be awesome if they could sneak this wave in during the holidays.

Rhyming demons local 101? That's got to be a joke. I mean, come on. There are rapping ogres that can't get unionized, but rhyming demons can? That's out and out discrimination. If the Hell Labor Relations Board hears about this it's nothing but fire and brimstone for months, and we all know what happened the last time hell fire rained from the syky, don't we.

Demonistic labor politics aside, I'm surprised Mattel wouldn't try to get these out for the holiday season even in some small way. It takes months for total retail saturation, but they should make some attempt to have a presence. Something like a special event at the NYC TRU, maybe?

I really want Batman and Red Tornado. Red reminds me of when I was young and bought the Red Tornado from the Super Powers line. Squeeze his arms together and he would perform the twisting motion of a tornado! What fun! @loll@

yes buy them all.

even the robotic penguin hope that DC produce enough and not that expensive.

eh, robotic penguin or not, I'm still buying all of these. I've been waiting years for this line and now we've finally got it. Question though, the pics shown at Wizard.com, are they actual production models or two-ups or prototypes or something else? They look incredible, right down to the glossy paint on Harleys lips'. So if they're actual production models that's be great since it's what we're actually going to see. But if they're not, I'm slightly worried because of the Hasbro ML over photo-shopping of their early release pics. I worry the juice isn't gonna be worth the squeeze here.

yes buy them all.

even the robotic penguin hope that DC produce enough and not that expensive.

eh, robotic penguin or not, I'm still buying all of these. I've been waiting years for this line and now we've finally got it. Question though, the pics shown at Wizard.com, are they actual production models or two-ups or prototypes or something else? They look incredible, right down to the glossy paint on Harleys lips'. So if they're actual production models that's be great since it's what we're actually going to see. But if they're not, I'm slightly worried because of the Hasbro ML over photo-shopping of their early release pics. I worry the juice isn't gonna be worth the squeeze here.

They are two ups, but Mattel products since the DCSH line has been close to the two ups in terms of paint quality. The only difference between production press pics and retail figure is that the painted clothes on the two up are plastic colored for the retail. If the figure is a human sporting an exposed face with normal fleshy color, the face is painted and is similar to the final in quality. I think the only expecting is wave 2 supergirl(baby teeshirt one) where even though her face is painted, it lacks the airbrush tones that the proto has. Hasbro pics are overly photoshopped while Mattel doesn't seem to have any.