Marvelous Poll: Army Builder Figures

Ryno

Don't you think it'd be kind of pointless to have Hellfire Club guards when we don't even have Sebastian Shaw? Not to mention all the other major players except Emma Frost (and she's not even in her Hellfire clothes).

I voted for SHIELD agent.

Well soon we'll have Black Queen, PLUS they would look awesome if you posed your favorite Wolverine (whichever one it may be), and pose it with the ML3 Wolverine base and had them all around him.

My rankings (because I'm sure you were all dying to know):

1. AIM agent - Respect the beekeepers. MODOK's one of my all-time favorite characters, and ToyBiz did an absolutely perfect job on the sculpt. What better than to surround him with some gun-toting scientist goons? And we all know if anything goes wrong, we can blame Karl. (Bonus points for anyone who gets that.)

2. Hellfire Club guard - Maybe they're not in use now, but that's why they call the series "Legends." Bring back the classics. And I wholeheartedly agree with a Hellfire Club boxset. That would be a dream come true.

3. Shield agent - I'm not terribly enthused. I just feel like army-builder should be bad guys. And rather than a generic agent, I'd prefer a recognizable character like Sharon Carter or Dum-Dum Dugan.

4. Hand ninja - No more ninjas. I got ninja'd out in the '90s.

5. Doombot - I like Doombots, but they've already released a Doombot in two different series. Now, if we're talking about a totally new design, or a re-release of the exceedingly rare FF series 2 Doombot, then I'm all for it, and this jumps to #2, maybe #3 at worst.

Of the ones listed, definitely A.I.M. agents.

Of course, I'd rather have members of any one of the many alien, magical and/or mutated races that seem to litter the Marvel Universe. Folks like:

- The Skrulls

- The Kree

- The Dire Wraiths

- The Space Phantoms

- The Badoon

- The Lava Men

- The "Stone Men from Saturn"

- The Toad Men

- The Mindless Ones

- The Alpha Primitives

- The Moloids (both kinds)

- umm... Madrox?

Well, you get the idea. The MU is a vast playground fueled by roughly 70 years of stories. Lets not limit ourselves to misguided humans in bad suits.

Of course, I'd rather have members of any one of the many alien, magical and/or mutated races that seem to litter the Marvel Universe. Folks like:

- The Skrulls

- The Kree

- The Dire Wraiths

- The Space Phantoms

- The Badoon

- The Lava Men

- The Toad Men

- The Mindless Ones

- The Alpha Primitives

- The Moloids (both kinds)

- umm... Madrox?

Well, you get the idea. The MU is a vast playground fueled by roughly 70 years of stories. Lets not limit ourselves to misguided humans in bad suits.

"The MU is a vast playground fueled by roughly 70 years of stories. "

70yrs! If I'm not mistaken Stan Lee & Kirby created the MU in 1963 with Fantastic Four being their 1st comic,

I mean, I know Cap, Namor have been around longer, but Marvel comics itself was created in 63.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong here.

"The MU is a vast playground fueled by roughly 70 years of stories. "

70yrs! If I'm not mistaken Stan Lee & Kirby created the MU in 1963 with Fantastic Four being their 1st comic,

I mean, I know Cap, Namor have been around longer, but Marvel comics itself was created in 63.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong here.

The Invaders, Agents of Atlas, the Marvel Monsters and Marvel Westerns specials from a few years back all have played heavily with Marvel's "pre-"Marvel" past, as has any book featuring Namor or Captain America (Avengers, Defenders, etc.). Defenders also boasts the distinction of counting Hellcat among their members, a woman who headlined her own comic 16 years before FF #1 even hit newsstands. Any post-1961 comic featuring the Yellow Claw, Fin Fang Foom, Bucky, Citizen V, the android Human Torch, Toro, the original Black Knight and many others would also qualify as having their roots in Golden or early Silver Age "Marvel".

Marvel was simply the last in a long list of names for the comics company owned by Martin Goodman and managed by Stan Lee. Their first comics were sold under the "Timely" banner in 1939 and they were known primarily as "Atlas" during the 1950s, but they're all the same company: Marvel.

- The Dire Wraiths

- The Space Phantoms

- The Badoon

- The Lava Men

- The Toad Men

- The Alpha Primitives

Mindless ones would be sweet!! Would never have thought of them.... If they put one out as a single carded figure odds are I would pick up a couple & then maybe more on clearances. WOuld not go crazy with them though since we only see them during lil adventures with the defenders which are few and far between :):(

& ... I don't even know who half of those bugers are!! I'd have to see pics & then I'd most likely go "ohhhhhhh" :D

- The Dire Wraiths

- The Space Phantoms

- The Badoon

- The Lava Men

- The Toad Men

- The Alpha Primitives

Mindless ones would be sweet!! Would never have thought of them.... If they put one out as a single carded figure odds are I would pick up a couple & then maybe more on clearances. WOuld not go crazy with them though since we only see them during lil adventures with the defenders which are few and far between :):(

& ... I don't even know who half of those bugers are!! I'd have to see pics & then I'd most likely go "ohhhhhhh" :D

Not a problem, synch. Many of these races are pretty obscure in the modern-day Marvel Universe.

- The Dire Wraiths are a genetic offshoot of the Skrulls that hail from a planet called Wraithworld in "The Dark Nebula". The females of this race are powerful magic users. You can read more about the Wraiths at Wikipedia.

- The Space Phantoms hail from the planet Phantus. Unlike most alien races, the Phantoms mastered the science of time travel rather than space travel. They are most often seen as servants of Immortus, who has granted the Phantoms in his employ the ability assume the form of living beings. The beings impersonated by the Phantoms are shunted off into one of Marvel's many "Limbos" for the duration of the time that the Phantom maintains their disguise. These beings are returned from Limbo when the Phantom changes disguise or reverts to its true form. You can read a short write-up about the Space Phantoms at Rapsheet.

- The Badoon are a reptilian alien race far older than even the Kree or Skrulls (though they were later than those races in discovering interstellar travel). This race is unique in that its primary enemy is itself. The Badoon race is built on a gender schism so severe that males and females of this race do not even live on the same world. Badoon males are warlords and soliders while Badoon women are scholars and pacifists. The Marvel Database has a nice little write-up on The Badoon, complete with pictures.

- The Lava Men are one of a few subterranean races living in the Marvel Universe. It is thought that they were on of the first products of genetic testing and engineering of cells from early humans by The Deviants. The Lava Men display a variety of heat-based powers. You can find out more about this race at The Marvel Directory.

- The "Stone Men from Saturn", or Kronans, are a race of 8-foot tall, silicon-based creatures that hail from the planet Ria (their closest outpost to Earth was one of Saturn's moons). A small band of these aliens were the featured enemies in the very first Thor story published by Marvel (Journey Into Mystery #83, 1962). The Kronan named Korg is currently a member of King Hulk's "Warbound" in the stories "Planet Hulk" and "World War Hulk". The best write-up this race that I've seen is at The Appendix to the Handbook of the Marvel Universe.

- The Toad Men are a race of spacefaring conquerors (geez, how many races like this does Marvel have?). They are a race of 4-foot tall reptilian beings with access to high-tech weaponry who, in a staggering display of good judgement, decided it would be a good idea to mess with The Hulk before taking over Earth. They made my list more for being a neat visual and because of their history with early Marvel than their status as a true threat. You can read a short write-up chronicling their first appearance at the always-awesome Monster Blog.

- The Alpha Primitives are essentially a mindless worker race that were created to serve the Inhumans. They are most often seen acting as shock troops for Black Bolt's brother, Maximus the Mad. You can read more about them at The Marvel Directory.

Hope this helps.

I want a roomfull...a roomfull! of Ninjas!!!

***FOR HASBRO's RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT TEAM***

Here's the concept; take an idea that we know works (GI Joe 3pks, Star Wars comic pks and Sigma 6 Adventure team sets.) But incorporate this impromptu poll as a guide line. Release a heavily clamored for character, flanked by two "cronies". It would be an easy way to build armies, as well as fill rosters to A-C list teams.

For example:

1. Viper w/Hydra Goon #1 & Hydra Goon #2

2. Maria Hill w/ Two Cape-busters

3. Agent 13 w/ Two S.H.I.E.L.D. officers

4. Elektra w/Two Hand Ninjas

5. Sebastion Shaw w/Two Hellfire Guards

6. Fantomex w/Two AIM agents

7. Dum-Dum Dugan w/A male and female S.H.I.E.L.D. officer

8. Ronin w/Two Ninjas (red of course)

9. "Hellfire Club" Emma Frost w/Two Hellfire Guards

10. Deathbird w/Two Shi'Ar Guards

I'm sure some of Marvel's dedicated fans working on this project could draft another ten multi-packs given the opprotunity. Thank you for your attention... Hope to hear more reports soon!

***END HASBRO CORRESPONDENCE***

Loki Trolls!!!!! :D

When that Loki was announced, I bought up all the Lord of the Rings orcs on clearance so Loki could have an army. I know they aren't giant sized, but they still good with him.

• 1 month later...

Almost 1000 votes. Last chance to throw your votes in there before we change it up real soon.

As of this writing its:

Hand Ninja: 280

Aim Scientist: 166

Doombot: 117

SHIELD Agent: 257

Hellfire Club Guard: 162

Total Votes: 982

Well, it was a toss-up for me between the Hellfire Club guards and the SHIELD agents.........SHIELD won this time. Hellfire Club guards are a given at some point, as are AIM Scientists--they are just too visually distinctive to NOT be made .

Hand Ninjas don't do much for me--a ninja is a ninja is a ninja....pantograph up a Stormshadow figure from the GIJOE line and you've got a Hand Ninja, pretty much.

Its funny though, some of the comments saying that some of the choices mean nothing to them.

I guess like real history, Marvel history also tends to be relevant only after some folks are born.

Almost 1000 votes. Last chance to throw your votes in there before we change it up real soon.

As of this writing its:

Hand Ninja: 280

Aim Scientist: 166

Doombot: 117

SHIELD Agent: 257

Hellfire Club Guard: 162

Total Votes: 982

Yay @bananna@ , HAND Ninja are winning! Hasbro just has to make sure they do them in their 2 most popular colors, Red & Black! And include a bunch of essential Ninjas weapons such as Sais, nunchuks, Bow & arrows, swords, shurikens & maybe even some escrima sticks!

BTW, it's 282 votes for HAND Ninjas!

Okay, I have closed the Army Builders Poll and started a new one (new thread to follow), here is the final snapshot of the Army Builders Poll, thanks to all who voted.

mnpollarmybuildersoo9.jpg

Doombots!! I'd give them some detail flair without changing them altogether. The Sentinel BAF is the perfect example of what I mean as far as adding detail but maintaining characteristics. I'd pick AIM agents a close second since they'd look great with MODOK. Hand Ninjas? The Mortal Kombat Noob Saibot, Skorpion, Sub-Zero and etc. are Legend scale already. I know it's not the same but I'll pass on Hand Ninjas for now.

i think they should do an Army Builder Wave

Hand Ninja

SHIELD Capekiller (would make more sense then normal shield agent, since they would have to have a bunch of variations)

Jamie Madrox

AIM Agent

Hellfire Club Guard

Kree Warrior

Skrull Warrior

or any variation of, as long as they are army builders

with a reissue Sentinel BAF

i am with Blue Ninja, give me the Hand Ninja set. Wether black, red (preferably), or black, they would be great to deal with Daredevil, Elektra, Wolverine, and the rest of the Avengers

But until we know for sure I am going to buy a few Mortal Kombat Scorpion and Sub-Zero figures and paint them red