Marvel Legends u thought were cool at first?

khamla

Remember how excited you were when you bought your Marvel Legend? Whatever figure it was, u thought it was the coolest thing? However, this is a different kind of question...a question if you read the topic of the post. What Marvel Legends you thought were really cool when u bought it back in the day. But soon later on you were like....hey wait, this figure really sucks!! I can't believe i just waisted $8.99 for this shiet! What are some of your examples?

The figure I was most disappointed with was Dr. Strange. Not necessarily a huge fan but the character looks cool. The cape made from recycled tires kind of ruins it.

I am a fan of the AOA characters so my excitement at their inclusion in the Giant Man series quickly turned to disappointment when I saw the Sabretooth figure. Lame.

I was disappointed when I got my Astonishing Wolverine and realized it had a blue leg for my black Apocalypse BAF. That's what I get for ordering stuff over the internet.

oh yea put the two aoa figures on my list as well :D I was happy to hear about them but the final products were so bleh & did not even look like the comics

Magneto is pretty lame, but since it was produced early in the line, I give it some grace.

Two characters that should not have sucked are Luke Cage and Spider-woman. I'm not sure how important it was that Cage be able to flip the bird; that left hand is terrible. Spider-woman is about as posable as ML1 Toad.

I would add that some of the leg arctic in general has been disappointing. I don't see why Icons Spider-man couldn't be made to lift his legs up higher. I was also disappointed that the peg for the ball joint on of the legs on Surfer and Torch was attached at an angle.

-ToyBiz ML Series 13 No Washes, stuck joints, rubbery knees in Loki (can't get either to stand properly), Onslaught's shoulder pegs broke right off, can't barely move both Abominations cuz they're so stuck

-ToyBiz ML Series 14 - Gooey Longshot joints, First Appearance Iron Man's arms broke off

-ToyBiz ML Face-Off Series 2 - The whole series, awful awful paint apps, stuck ass joints, Wolverine's backward shoulders.

-ToyBiz ML Icons Series 3 - Neither Spider-Man can stand at all (bowing knees and/or weak ankles

Wow, ToyBiz QA was just non-existant at the end wasn't it? Complain all you want about Hasbro, at least you didn't spend money on a figure (especially higher for say, a variant) just to have it's arm or leg twist and break off and the paint be all sloppy because they were to cheap to mold pegs and discs in the proper color.

-Hasbro - Anything with that new elbow and anything with a pale colored head.

Yeah, my Deadpool has sloppy, off-colored paint on the joints, but it's still a great figure and in that instance I'm able to overlook it.

As for breaks, I've been fortunate to not have any figures lose any limbs or anything. My Face-off Red Skull's elbow started to rip, but it's only Red Skull so no loss.

Definitely not a fan of the new Hasbro joints. Less poseability is not progress.

pretty much every ml figure fits this category.

either because later figures were an improvement or they didn't live up to the prototypes.

there were very few marvel legends that stood the test of time for me.

Series 3 Wolverine, Sinister Sixe Boxset Venom.

I got the freakin boxset for that guy and looking back on it, none of the figures were really worthwhile in that set. Ahhh well. More custom fodder.

Yeah back in the day I thought ML 3 Wolverine was the best thing ever! I mean we've never seen a Wolverine like that b4. But then as time passed, we found out he was to tall and what not so he's in my stash somewhere i dont care. And i've notice most of the female line figures are hard to sculpt or do.

I think they need to redo Dr. Strange and Magneto.