The golden five rules for picking HML characters

tarot

i know this seem like a boring subject but i think i have figure out how Hasbro picks their characters for the Marvel Legends waves(note that im not include the themed waves in this). It all boils down to five rule (i get really bored at work and i thought of this :P). i'll use HML4 as a

1. There must be a new character and a old character.

All of you have notice that there is alway a few new chracters in the wave (bad as some might be). for HML4 it Tigra Black Bolt and nova. and there is always a few old Characters, Daredevil, beast and Punisher. most of the time it's basically split into 50:50 (maybe 60:40).

2. There is always a X-men based and a Avengers based character be it a new or old one.

For example, Tigra is a new avenger that we don't have yet and beast is a x-men who we happen to have already

3. There is a Female character (which includes a new or old x-men or a new or old avengers)

For example Tigra is the Female in this wave but she is also a new character who is a avenger.

4. There most be a Fan Wanted character in the wave.

it true. Tigra, BlackBolt, Nova and Nemesis are all highly wanted character (and before you go saying oh i don't want those character you should know they have been in the fwooshnet.com top ten loads of times). Fan even want the old characters. Ast Beast to finish that team and FA DD is at least the top ten of everyone FA choices.

5. The BAF must be a new character.

for this i go through the first four waves. they all have characters that haven't been done before.

well that what i think hasbro look for when they decide who is going in there wave. tell me what you think.

I feel you with being bored at work. I'm half-way through a twelve-hour shift. I'd go insane if I didn't have internet access.

I think the premise is interesting, but my opinion is that Hasbro is trying to keep up with recent events in the comics and ride the momentum that a character might receive therein.

Looking at the entire run you have movie characters and the Ultimate figures, recent occurrences, probably on the assumption that they would have a broad fan base perhaps beyond the average rabid fanboy.

Then you have Cyclops, Marvel Girl, White Queen, Danger Room thing, World War Hulk, Xorn, and the new Thor all in very recent representations from the comics. Even though he appears to have been dropped, the HML4 Sunfire also fits in this category.

Additionally Quicksilver, Captain America and She-Hulk have been prominent in recent storylines.

So the question then becomes, will we ever see any deep offerings of classic characters? In three lines we have Banshee, Yellowjacket and Black Knight. HML 4 looks promising in regards to depicting characters in their classic or best known appearance, but we still get figures like Astonishing Beast and The Punisher. I'm not necessarily against these characters, but take Cyclops and Thor for example, we could have gotten the more recognizable Jim Lee version and an Erik Masterson Thor.

I'm seeing the FF Johnny variant becoming a "Stand-In" for the original Human Torch (who was an android?! WTF?)

But your algorhythm is pretty sound, I know for a fact that the Current Issue thing is dead...complete rosters is what's coming up

Dispite what everyone says...Namor looks good! His lack of clothes suits his sculpt quite nicely

dude if I understand my marvel history properly the original human torch or at least ONE of them... were the vision! Once the human torch got defeated or whatever the heck happened to him ultron recreated him as the vision hence the red face as a reminder of his past :P I think the comic that comes with the vision figure covers most of this... :)

Heres the formula:

1) Movie Themed

2) Ironman

3) Spiderman

4) Ironman

5) Spiderman

dude if I understand my marvel history properly the original human torch or at least ONE of them... were the vision! Once the human torch got defeated or whatever the heck happened to him ultron recreated him as the vision hence the red face as a reminder of his past :P I think the comic that comes with the vision figure covers most of this... :)

More or less - thats right. Immortus split the original Torch, using the Forever Crystal, into two entities. One remained the original while the second was used to make the Vision. With the body of the original torch and the synthesized brain waves based on Wonder Man (Simon Williams) - who was currently dead at the time - the Vision was born.

The Original Human Torch was NOT the Vision. Ultron used some of of Professor Phineas T. Horton's original HT designs in making the Vision, but they were two seperate characters.

Jim Hammond ( Original Human Torch) was most recently head of security for Oracle, Inc. and then joined USAgents New Invaders where he was killed.