Wave 4 confirmed

Batman27

It would be cool if Destro nad Snake Eyes were unmasked versions.

So far I am not army building this line but if the CG's look good enough I might start.

Good to see Flash, Hopefully more originals are on the way.

Snow Job is alright but not that great. Hopefully brand new accessories. They could make or break this one.

Destro with the vac head would be nice.

Snake Eyes, jet black, could be cool too.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it`s great to see Flash return (and most likely Grand Slam probably in a Comic Pack) as well as the Crimson Guard. The rest I could care less about! I really hope the Original Bat gets a shot!

No kidding, especially with all his accessories, the B.A.T. would probably be THE most popular Cobra figure (to that point).

They have announced wave 4, and wave 1 hasn't even hit saturation yet. I saw a lone Cobra boxset at Target today and that was it.

Well just to clarifie, "They" haven't announced anything for wave 4 yet. Some early product from China has made it's way into the hands of some consumers who in turn took pics and posted them on the net. Hopefull at Joecon in a couple weeks we will get to see these officially announced, but as of now there is no official announcement for wave 4.

They have announced wave 4, and wave 1 hasn't even hit saturation yet. I saw a lone Cobra boxset at Target today and that was it.

Well just to clarifie, "They" haven't announced anything for wave 4 yet. Some early product from China has made it's way into the hands of some consumers who in turn took pics and posted them on the net. Hopefull at Joecon in a couple weeks we will get to see these officially announced, but as of now there is no official announcement for wave 4.

There are pics? I thought everyone was going by the shaded pics on the back of the card art.

There are pics? I thought everyone was going by the shaded pics on the back of the card art.

They are, pics of the back of the card art of a wave 3 figure which someone got ahold of early. Wave 2 and 3 have not been released yet and there has been no offical announcements or pics of wave 4 yet.

They are, pics of the back of the card art of a wave 3 figure which someone got ahold of early. Wave 2 and 3 have not been released yet and there has been no offical announcements or pics of wave 4 yet.

D'oh! I see now. I thought pics of the figures themselves.

Just because the card art uses the same silohuettes as the first figures, doesn't mean they will be straight up repaints of those figures. They could be new molds to represent IG Destro and maybe Snake-eyes v3. Remember that Serpentor and Zartan didn't match their silohuettes

Good point. Both had old silhouettes and entirely new molds.

I'd rather see IG Destro or SE version 3 than repaints of Destro or Snake Eyes, though with Snake Eyes, they could have used the actual Snake Eyes version 3 silhouette since they didn't need to create a new one like with Serpentor or Zartan.

Yeah, buth neither of those figures (DD Serpentor, Shirted Zartan) had vintage card art to begin with. So they just used the vintage artwork, despite the fact that it didn't reflect the made figure. Both IG Destro and V3 SE HAVE vintage artwork and I would see no reason not to use it unless these arn't those figures.

Yeah, buth neither of those figures (DD Serpentor, Shirted Zartan) had vintage card art to begin with. So they just used the vintage artwork, despite the fact that it didn't reflect the made figure. Both IG Destro and V3 SE HAVE vintage artwork and I would see no reason not to use it unless these arn't those figures.

Unless they lost the proofs and didn't want to potentially hold up production to locate substitutes.

D'oh! I see now. I thought pics of the figures themselves.

Hopefully I won't confuse you more but the list of figures were reported in Wal-Mart's computer database a while ago. So ya this is another confirmation of what people were talking about.

I bet we see the "official" announcement during JoeCon.

The thing that bothers me about it is, they really arent releasing the figures in any kind of order that is popular with the fans. All they're doing is using and reusing and reusing the initial molds, releasing whatever characters are conviently similar in costume or body style to the ones already released.

Think about it. If they didn't try to milk the new storm shadow mold for all its worth, there's no way we would be getting a red ninja figure this early in the line. This character is not that widely known, and no way nearly as popular, as say, releasing a Hawk or a Spirit would be.

The other thing that bothers me is simply the fact that the figures don't look as good as they could if they were each given their own unique mold. Look at Firefly. Its obvious that he's using the torso and arms of the new Beach Head, which is nothing like what his classic outfit actually looked like. Shortcuts are b.s. and if ANY line of GI Joe shouldn't be using shortcuts, this 25th line should be it. I complain to much, I know, but I'm sick of this mediocrity. @grumpy@

The thing that bothers me about it is, they really arent releasing the figures in any kind of order that is popular with the fans. All they're doing is using and reusing and reusing the initial molds, releasing whatever characters are conviently similar in costume or body style to the ones already released.

Think about it. If they didn't try to milk the new storm shadow mold for all its worth, there's no way we would be getting a red ninja figure this early in the line. This character is not that widely known, and no way nearly as popular, as say, releasing a Hawk or a Spirit would be.

The other thing that bothers me is simply the fact that the figures don't look as good as they could if they were each given their own unique mold. Look at Firefly. Its obvious that he's using the torso and arms of the new Beach Head, which is nothing like what his classic outfit actually looked like. Shortcuts are b.s. and if ANY line of GI Joe shouldn't be using shortcuts, this 25th line should be it. I complain to much, I know, but I'm sick of this mediocrity. @grumpy@

I know what you mean. I think re-using molds for the characters that they did it for originally is OK (Snake Eyes and Stalker, for instance), but considering Firefly is one of the most popular characters, I think it's kinda crappy that he's not getting an entirely original mold. They should have, at the very least, given him an original torso and arms so he doesn't have the vertical sweater marks.

I'm just stuck wondering how many of these are going to be repaints and how many NEW figures.

I think the biggest irony of all is that Beach Head and Firefly share an entire body...except the head, yet BOTH where balaclava. My first thought when I heard these guys were coming was that they would be sharing a HEAD not a body!

Unless they lost the proofs and didn't want to potentially hold up production to locate substitutes.

But which is more logical? That they lost the proofs, or that they are just repaints of the 5-Pack figures and not IG Destro or V3 SE?

I want them not to just be repaints either, but I can't ignore what's right in front of me and try to convince myself that it's not the case.

Just because the card art uses the same silohuettes as the first figures, doesn't mean they will be straight up repaints of those figures. They could be new molds to represent IG Destro and maybe Snake-eyes v3. Remember that Serpentor and Zartan didn't match their silohuettes

Good point. Both had old silhouettes and entirely new molds.

I'd rather see IG Destro or SE version 3 than repaints of Destro or Snake Eyes, though with Snake Eyes, they could have used the actual Snake Eyes version 3 silhouette since they didn't need to create a new one like with Serpentor or Zartan.

Well, Snake-eyes V3 had card art, but Zartan, Serpentor, and IG Destro all had box art showing them riding vehicles, which didn't translate itself to being made into a silhouette, so they used artwork from something else. I know the silhouette for Zartan originally came from a trading card.

But it was still vintage artwork, so my point still stands. In fact it proves my point even better. Because they didn't use Zartan V2 artwork for the card back. They used the Japanese card art. So why would they start using V1 artwork to show non-V1s now? Logically they wouldn't.

Listen. I'm sure IG Destro is coming...but I'd bet money this isn't it.

I am hoping for an all-black version 1 SE. The grey is okay but its not true to the original. I don't really care about Destro and kind of hope he's nothing really different so I can pass on him.

As far as mold reuse - I don't mind molds begin milked a bit to extend the line but there are already a few figures on the way that aren't necessary just yet (black CC, Red Ninja, VvV SS). The one mold reuse complaint I have is the Cobra Trooper/Officer. They should not just have the same uniform with different webgear. I hope Hasbro redoes the Officer: losing the kneepads, adding an AK-47 and changing the grey webgear and mask to black.

Could Blade Destro perhaps be the Red with black Destro that was released to replace the original Pimp Daddy Destro?

I ask as in older TNI pics, when they showed the SDCC Destro there was one in full Pimp Leopard Print regala and one where the Leopard print was black, similar to the 1997 version.

wasn't it listed on the walmart computer about an ig destro?

No. It has a "Blade Destro" listed. A lot have assumed that means it is the IG Destro, but there is nothing more then wishful thinking to back that up.