Wave 4 confirmed

Batman27

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Could it just be straight up single pack reissues of the 5-pack SE and Destro?

Well, seeing as how they won't straight repack the Cobra Trooper with the red symbol and did the running silver emblem change I really wonder if they will do an exact repack with either. The changes won't be much, assuredly, but I wonder how much differently you can do Snake Eyes v1.. The comic packs are already doing the dark blue version I can't think of really anything else appropriately.

But SE/Destro aside - this is a fantastic wave. Love Flash (and how far behind can a Grand Slam be? Preferably silver pads and a JUMP jet pack) and the Crimson Guard are awesome. Snow Job is cool too, but I was never as big a fan of arctic troopers.

Great news.

And yeah, I agree about Destro: It will be a straight repack with just a couple changes / fixes: 1) chromed head, and 2) a hand that can actually hold the suitcase. Who knows, maybe Hasbro throws in something else into the mix...

As for Snake Eyes... Hmmm. like you've said, I can't see how they can make him different from the 5 pack, when they're already releasing this mold in the comic colors. Tell ya what? Maybe they don't make any changes to it at all. After all, what collectors want is to have every figure single-carded. I mean... would anyone have complained if the upcoming Cobra trooper looked exactly the same as the 5-pack one? Nope.. in fact, that's what we all wanted. Yet, Hasbro gave him a silver emblem, which is "interesting" as a curiosity (viper pilot) but not what should have been.

Oh and yes... can't wait for the Crimson Guard. One of my favorite figures and concepts in the Joe-verse. Hopefully his helmet will be removable (and without being huge).

Wow, 4 waves and 3 snake eyes... not surprising

I guess I'm in the minority, because I'm not that psyched about this wave.

The Crimson Guard is the only one that truly excites me.

I've never been crazy about Flash and would rather see the originals released in box sets, but I suppose there are those who disagree and want the originals all released as singles.

Snake Eyes and Destro I'll wait to say anything until I know what they're actually going to be.

Snow Job is kinda cool. He's an old vet from the comic, so he deserves his spot. He's probably my least favorite arctic guy, though (something about that red hair... <_< ).

I guess I'm in the minority, because I'm not that psyched about this wave.

The Crimson Guard is the only one that truly excites me.

I've never been crazy about Flash and would rather see the originals released in box sets, but I suppose there are those who disagree and want the originals all released as singles.

Snake Eyes and Destro I'll wait to say anything until I know what they're actually going to be.

Snow Job is kinda cool. He's an old vet from the comic, so he deserves his spot. He's probably my least favorite arctic guy, though (something about that red hair... <_< ).

Yeah, I know what you mean....that beard always seemed like it was too much....always liked Frostbite and Blizzard more.

This is what you get, when the popularity of a toy goes past it's inventing stage, and falls into the MILKING stage. <_<

Can't wait for this Wave!!!

If they can get one of the Original 13 in per wave, in comic packs or a couple per year, I'll be stoked!!

Plus Operation Specific Figures like Snow Job (the best of the Arctic Troopers) per wave is great too. Hope this means we'll see a Snow Serpent soon too.

Crimson Guard will be cool..like mentioned previously I hope IF it has removable helmet that the helmet is not Over sized..or the head Under Sized.

The only one I am iffy about is the Destro...if it is Just 5 Pack Destro, I'll pass.

I can see Army building Snow Job just to do some head swaps and make an Arctic Squad....my only fear is that they will mess up the hood like this years Hoth Han Solo in SW line.

I guess I was in the minority of liking of the Red Beard on Snow Job...he was the only Bearded Character (Red) left to do, to tie RAH with Adventure Team back then...

All Black Snake Eyes won't bother me, but they are going to run out ways to do him eventually.

Just because the card art uses the same silohuettes as the first figures, doesn't mean they will be straight up repaints of those figures. They could be new molds to represent IG Destro and maybe Snake-eyes v3. Remember that Serpentor and Zartan didn't match their silohuettes

Just because the card art uses the same silohuettes as the first figures, doesn't mean they will be straight up repaints of those figures. They could be new molds to represent IG Destro and maybe Snake-eyes v3. Remember that Serpentor and Zartan didn't match their silohuettes

Good point. Both had old silhouettes and entirely new molds.

I'd rather see IG Destro or SE version 3 than repaints of Destro or Snake Eyes, though with Snake Eyes, they could have used the actual Snake Eyes version 3 silhouette since they didn't need to create a new one like with Serpentor or Zartan.

All Black Snake Eyes won't bother me, but they are going to run out ways to do him eventually.

I highly doubt that. @loll@ But, if they are going to keep popping him out I wouldn't mind seeing v3, v4 (yes, I did like this one), and v5 (which was a cool concept - but the action feature ruined it). I don't want a SE every wave, but I also don't want a dark gray, blue, and black version of the v1 mold.

Plese be Iron Grenadier Destro! Please! Please! Please!

Sounds good to me! Snow Job and Flash, two highly wanted characters. A Crimson Guard, same thing. Then a Destro most likely with a vac metal head is a good thing too. Lastly, I bet Snake Eyes is in all black like both versions hould hav ebeen to begin with!! I hate the fact that they are grey.......... already painted V2 black. :)

Draven