Carded and loose pics of the FF Marvel Legends wave found in China

JayC

I present to you, the true king of the seven seas & rightful ruler of Atlantis...

Aquaman1.jpg

PAWNS this

SubMariner.jpg

Saying a prototype figure looks better than a retail figure is kind of ridiculous......and by the way, Aquaman is one of the lamest characters to ever hit the justice league....rightful ruler of Atlantis indeed. @loll@

Well I agree, Aquaman is pretty lame...but come on...Aquaman's figure, lame character and prototype or not, is leagues ahead of this Namor and will be when it hits shelves. If Hasbro won’t take it from Toybiz then they need to take a hint from Mattel, I’m more excited for DC Superheroes/DC Universe then anything Hasbros shown yet.

What I'm saying is no one knows how this Aquaman is going to turn out. Mattel doesn't really like using a lot of paint on this line so it's a bit unlikely Aquaman is going to look like this. Also as everyone knows figures that don't have a lot of articulation always look better in a static pose vs figures that have a lot of articulation....so again it seems a bit ridiculous to compare these figures. I'm not saying Namor is anything great, but really this figure was never going to have crazy amounts of detail, I mean he's only got trunks on after all (unlike Aquaman).

You state: "Also as everyone knows figures that don't have a lot of articulation always look better in a static pose vs figures that have a lot of articulation....so again it seems a bit ridiculous to compare these figures."

Considering that I count around 14 POA on Namor & 19 POA on Aquaman, that excuse don't hold much water here. Fine, you consider Aquaman a lame character, but don't put down a great figure sculpted by the 4HM that features an awesome sculpt, perfect amount of articulation, even that Trident features an awesome sculpt & attention to detail!

I'm a huge Namor fan & believe me, I'm as POed over the final product, but guess what, I'm still buying him, cuz that's how much I love the character, plus I can't wait to have the Sub Mariner throwdown with Aquaman!

FYI, Mattel is doing this line, not DCD, for those of you that don't know. It would be real easy to tell if it was done by DCD, the figure would be 7" tall!

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The more actual pictures (non-prototype) I see of the upcoming HML waves the more I can see myself buying partial waves (read 1-3 figures).

Yeah I feel the same way....I'm even thinking of just buying the Holocaust BAF from ebay since most of the characters in his wave don't do that much for me and I'm a bit doubtful hasbro is gonna give them great paint apps to make them look great.

wait a minute are u telling us you wouldn't want a BLack Bolt Nova or tigra (granted the tigra mightn't turn out well but at least it new). and before you going saying im have my own opinion, just note that im only asking you this and note That i will be getting them regardless of Nemesis

LOL....I don't generally attack people for asking questions. :P To tell you the truth the Xmen are my main focus with Marvel Legends. Thats not to say I don't get other figures, but that's when the paint and sculpt work are excelent, right now Hasbro's stuff are just ok....if they could get the paint work up then I wouldn't have much negative things to say about Hasbro's MLs. I just cost too much to import the figures into Jamaica to buy every single figure.

Fine, you consider Aquaman a lame character, but don't put down a great figure sculpted by the 4HM that features an awesome sculpt, perfect amount of articulation, even that Trident features an awesome sculpt & attention to detail!

FYI, Mattel is doing this line, not DCD, for those of you that don't know. It would be realle asy to tell if it was done by DCD, the figure would be 7" tall!

When did I put down the sculpt???

That last line about DCD was so wrong, and yet oh so right....lol

I present to you, the true king of the seven seas & rightful ruler of Atlantis...

Aquaman1.jpg

PAWNS this

SubMariner.jpg

Saying a prototype figure looks better than a retail figure is kind of ridiculous......and by the way, Aquaman is one of the lamest characters to ever hit the justice league....rightful ruler of Atlantis indeed. @loll@

Well I agree, Aquaman is pretty lame...but come on...Aquaman's figure, lame character and prototype or not, is leagues ahead of this Namor and will be when it hits shelves. If Hasbro won’t take it from Toybiz then they need to take a hint from Mattel, I’m more excited for DC Superheroes/DC Universe then anything Hasbros shown yet.

What I'm saying is no one knows how this Aquaman is going to turn out. Mattel doesn't really like using a lot of paint on this line so it's a bit unlikely Aquaman is going to look like this. Also as everyone knows figures that don't have a lot of articulation always look better in a static pose vs figures that have a lot of articulation....so again it seems a bit ridiculous to compare these figures. I'm not saying Namor is anything great, but really this figure was never going to have crazy amounts of detail, I mean he's only got trunks on after all (unlike Aquaman).

You state: "Also as everyone knows figures that don't have a lot of articulation always look better in a static pose vs figures that have a lot of articulation....so again it seems a bit ridiculous to compare these figures."

Considering that I count around 14 POA on Namor & 19 POA on Aquaman, that excuse don't hold much water here. Fine, you consider Aquaman a lame character, but don't put down a great figure sculpted by the 4HM that features an awesome sculpt, perfect amount of articulation, even that Trident features an awesome sculpt & attention to detail!

Aquaman is gonna turn fine, just like the rest of the DCSH figs. It won`t look like the proto, that`s for sure, but with previous figs, u can get an idea of how he will look like.

And about the "figs with less points of articulation look better in a static pose" thing, i agree, because is the only pose they can make :). But the orignal intention for this figs was to pose them in action poses.

Depends on what u look in a fig. I look at my dcd shelf, nice, well sculpted but boring and then i take a look at marvel, dcsh and they look so cool with some issues that are not suck of a big deal, like paint.

Man, I hate DC comics and think they're very boring, but that Namor wanna-be guy (Aqua Man?) his trident looks SO MUCH BETTER than Namor's it's not even funny!

actually Aquaman came before Namor. so in other word namor the marvel wanna be.

All I know is that in a fight, Aquaman can command Sharks to eat Namor!

I guess as long as all the drama is taking place underwater thats a great "power". @loll@

All I know is that in a fight, Aquaman can command Sharks to eat Namor!

I guess as long as all the drama is taking place underwater thats a great "power". @loll@

Of Course! Where else would two guys that claim to be the king of the 7 seas fight? The Sahara desert?

Man, I hate DC comics and think they're very boring, but that Namor wanna-be guy (Aqua Man?) his trident looks SO MUCH BETTER than Namor's it's not even funny!

No, Namor actually did come first. Aquaman was somewhat originally marketing of the success of the Submariner. Prince Namor was created before even the Marvel Comics Company, ironically first appearing in the title series of the same name, Marvel Comics, by Timely Comics - which eventually became Marvel. Kind of confusing, I know. It may seem bizarre now as Namor isn’t all that popular these days, but back in the day Namor was a huge name and very popular! Back in the 40’s - 60’s, Namor was essentially the equivalent to whom Wolverine is today - the bad boy hero. Original Golden Age Aquaman was a joke, quite literally, as he originally started out as a very comedic, grain of salt type character. They even elude to famous marine biologist Jacques Cousteau being Golden Age Aquamans father. He was, in many ways, a satirical, comedic spoof of Prince Namor. Aquaman wasn’t made into a more serious character until the silver age with the inception of the JLA.

i got a silly question. are either of them super strong out of the water, or only in the water?

Not sure about Aquaman, but Namor's strength will decline to that of a regular human over time when he's out of water.

i got a silly question. are either of them super strong out of the water, or only in the water?

Right out of the water they're still super strong, but over a period of time their superhuman strength depletes. I’m not entirely sure what the actual length is, but they’ve fought above water for, I’d estimate, a few hours and still been super able. For all intensive purposes they’re essentially the same character, power wise, in almost every respect except one - Namor does not have the ability to communicate with sea life if I recall correctly. They both are powered/fueled by water, they both can breath underwater, superhuman strength and speed in the water,

haha NO! Do you even read Marvel Comics? Everyone knows Namor is from 1939.

Namor is actually referred to as the original comic super hero - him and the original android Human Torch (who also appeared in 1939). Aquaman is, usually, more recognizable due to being in most incarnations of the JLA (all current canon incarnations except for the current JLA series) and often referred to as part of the DC big 7. Namor, mostly, has slumped from being a bad-boy hero and Defender member to simply just a FF villain or antagonist mostly. Sad, really.

@loll@ @loll@ @loll@ @loll@ @loll@

not

Namor is super strong, super durable, can fly, can communicate with sea creatures, can channel electricity through his body, has a resistance to mental control, and a few other powers that I forget.

Namor's strength is 100 ton class. He can maintain his super human powers for a long time out of the water, I think for about a week or so... and then his powers start to deplete, eventually taking him down to regular human levels. it is believed that if he goes too long out of the water, he could even die.

Aquaman is not as strong as Namor. And he couldn't command anything to eat Namor because Namor's body is too damn durable... that doesn't really matter though because he would kick any sea creature's ass.

Namor is super strong, super durable, can fly, can communicate with sea creatures, can channel electricity through his body, has a resistance to mental control, and a few other powers that I forget.

Namor's strength is 100 ton class. He can maintain his super human powers for a long time out of the water, I think for about a week or so... and then his powers start to deplete, eventually taking him down to regular human levels. it is believed that if he goes too long out of the water, he could even die.

Aquaman is not as strong as Namor. And he couldn't command anything to eat Namor because Namor's body is too damn durable... that doesn't really matter though because he would kick any sea creature's ass.

Hm, I wasn't aware of some of those powers. I know he's one of Marvels heaviest hitters though, something I don’t think a lot of people are aware of.

Plus hey, it's my 666th post...must be my lucky day!

Hm, I wasn't aware of some of those powers. I know he's one of Marvels heaviest hitters though, something I don’t think a lot of people are aware of.

It's all here :)

Thank you for that Snowman, interesting read. I thought I knew a lot about Namor, but man...there was even more I didn't know. Very cool, thanks man.

Thank you for that Snowman, interesting read. I thought I knew a lot about Namor, but man...there was even more I didn't know. Very cool, thanks man.

Here's some info on Aquaman

Atlantean/Human Hybrid, Height: 6'1", Weight: 325 lbs, Hair: Blonde, Eyes: Blue

Other Aliases: Orin, Arthur Curry

Place of Birth: Atlantis

Base of Operations: Posidonis

Group Membership(s): JLA

Overview: Aquaman is the literal King of the city of Poseidonis, and the proclaimed King of the Seas. Approximately 26-38 human years of age, Aquaman has superhuman strength, can breathe underwater, swim at high speeds, has preternatural reflexes, and can request sea creatures through telepathy to perform actions for him.

He is a natural linguist capable of speaking many languages, possibly through an inadvertant interaction of his telepathy, and can understand and be understood by any sea creature through the direct application of his marine telepathy. After the loss of his left hand, he had S.T.A.R. Labs provide him with a powerful harpoon prosthetic.

History: See alternative datasource: The Unofficial Definitive Guide to the DC Universe - Aquaman Historical Reference

Known Powers:

Biological Adapatation: The Atlanteans are offshoots of humanity that are biologically adapted to the deep ocean environment, giving them the ability to breathe underwater, enhanced sight, hearing and strength. For most Atlanteans, this means that they are blue-skinned, possessing gill slits and can only spend a very limited time out of water before dying. Aquaman, as an Atlantean, and the son of a wizard and Atlantean queen, can breathe both water and air, but must return to the aquatic environment at various intervals; this length can be prolonged by the humidity in the atmosphere. He can withstand extremes of temperature and pressure that allow him to plunge into the ocean depths and resurface without harm. His metabolism must also be extremely efficient, given that he does not seem to suffer the effects of nitrogen narcosis, the bends or other deep sea ailments common to normal humans, under normal conditions. Any instance that might require that he surface in less than 10 seconds would still cause the nitrogen bubbles to form in his bloodstream.

Marine Telepathy: Aquaman has the ability to communicate directly with sea life and has done so throughout most of his life. Lately he possesses a greater range of control that can actually force sea creatures to obey his whims. Currently, he requests their assistance and they comply. He has chosen to continue to request since, if he forces them to comply, they will ultimately lose respect for him. He now also has access to a quantum field phenomenon called "the Clear". "The Clear" quantum phenomenon has been observed with the subject called the Swamp Thing who called it the Green or the Morphogenic Field of Animal Man (also called the Red). Aquaman is also an accomplished telepath in general and can perform such telepathic feats as mind to mind communication, mind probes, mental domination of a non-aquatic mind, and mental attacks. The potency of such mental domination is unclear but he has been seen to use his powers to great effect against the White Martians and Doctor Polaris.

Access to "the Clear:" Aquaman has the ability to sense the primal emotions of aquatic creatures through "The Clear". The Clear seems to function as a universal consciousness of all sea life. Via it he can communicate or command sea life on the other side of the planet. He can see what they see and much more what he is only beginning to realise. He can also push his telepathic powers to reach out to the higher land creatures to find that element of their brains that was once an aquatic dwelling creature. This may account for Aquaman's facility with language.

Sonar Location: A sonar power which allows Aquaman to detect things when blinded. A possible side effect of his gift from Posidon or from the nature of his advanced mental powers, Aquaman can use this sonar-like sense to detect objects much as a dolphin might. The range of this power is unknown.

Enhanced Physiology: Aquaman possesses superhuman strength on the order of 150 times human maximum (assuming a human max of 750 lbs, meaning approximately 60 tons), but his strength is always underrated, considering the company that he keeps. While not on the order of Wonder Woman's or the Martian Manhunter's, his strength is more than a match for most common barriers such as wood, common metals, brick or concrete walls. Only steel reinforced barriers have a serious chance of slowing him for any length of time. Aquaman has a limited level of durability, making him resistant to injuries that could kill a normal man. He is not completely proof against small arms but he is bullet resistant, able to take a direct hit without incapacitation. While no speedster, Aquaman's reflexes are superior to even exceptional metahumans such as Deathstroke the Terminator, and his reflexes are on the order of 12-15 times faster than a normal human. Aquaman is an accomplished swimmer, easily the better of any Olympic level athlete. Aquaman possesses strength and stamina that allows him to swim up to 150 mph for at least a 4 hour period without significant breaks for rest or recuperation. If he wished to extend this period of travel at reduced speeds he could "ride" or be towed by dolphins or other swimmers until he was rested.

Skills: Aquaman excels at hand-to-hand combat and overall martial ability. He has an advanced strategic sense, and has natural leadership qualities. His natural autocratic nature does not suit him well in environments where democracy is an issue but Orin is a natural commander and his ability has served him well in the protection of Posidonis.

Allies: Mera, Tempest (aka Aqualad, Garth), Dolphin, Deep Blue, Tsunami, Power Girl, Superman, Steel, Flash, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Zauriel, The Martian Manhunter, Big Barda, Orion

Enemies: Black Manta, Ocean Master, The Scavenger, Noble, The Shark, Triton, Kordax

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------