Carded and loose pics of the FF Marvel Legends wave found in China

JayC

Moleman and Dr. Doom I'll happily purchase, they look very good - lets just pray to god that their weapons aren't molded into their hands…but why on earth would they do that? Oh wait…Hasbro doesn't need a reason to piss us off.

But the hardest part of the entire wave…Ronan looks FANTASTIC! Why do they let garbage like Namor and Invisible Woman pass to be on store shelves…but the Built-a-figure always ends up being awesomely sculpted? Oh yah…cause they want use to be forced to by crap in order to get the BAF! F-you Hasblow!

Are there any variants for this series, clear and transition Sue Storm for example?

Do you honestly believe that Hasbro really has it out for the fans?

It's one thing to dislike the figures, but to think Hasbro's making poor figures just to piss off fans is a little ridiculous.

You take things way to literally, it was mostly a joke. But, the BAF tactic is undeniable. There can't be a single person in this world that looks at Sue Storm and thinks, "that's the best they could do - I must own it!!!" Instead of passing this figure into production, why didn't they just continue trying to make a good sculpt until…oh I don't know…they made a good sculpt? They're way to lenient on what they give a passing grade, and that's because they know we'll buy crap…because we have to get the BAF. The way they look at it is, why put effort into something people will end up buying no matter what? Why waste our time making a good product when it will sell even if it's bad? Hasbro is lazy! It's a marketing ploy, nothing more - you can't argue that. Toybiz was just a guilty of it from time to time too but Hasbro give it a whole new level of low.

here we go again. another Hasbro are against Fan arguement even though they give the costumes and characters people want (never mind the sculpts).

not that i don't agree with you. But for some reason im really looking forward to Mr. Fantastic and IW. namor is bad but absolutly terrible. i'm just glad we finally got the bloody costume. (maybe clam well change his avatar now :P). the Thing Doom and Mole man are the ones that make this worth while for me. HT is a big disappointment for me but SS are okay and Ronan is one of the Best Baf (besides the 12" ones) that i have seen in a long while

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moleman and Dr. Doom I'll happily purchase, they look very good - lets just pray to god that their weapons aren't molded into their hands…but why on earth would they do that? Oh wait…Hasbro doesn't need a reason to piss us off.

But the hardest part of the entire wave…Ronan looks FANTASTIC! Why do they let garbage like Namor and Invisible Woman pass to be on store shelves…but the Built-a-figure always ends up being awesomely sculpted? Oh yah…cause they want use to be forced to by crap in order to get the BAF! F-you Hasblow!

Are there any variants for this series, clear and transition Sue Storm for example?

Do you honestly believe that Hasbro really has it out for the fans?

It's one thing to dislike the figures, but to think Hasbro's making poor figures just to piss off fans is a little ridiculous.

You take things way to literally, it was mostly a joke. But, the BAF tactic is undeniable. There can't be a single person in this world that looks at Sue Storm and thinks, "that's the best they could do - I must own it!!!" Instead of passing this figure into production, why didn't they just continue trying to make a good sculpt until…oh I don't know…they made a good sculpt? They're way to lenient on what they give a passing grade, and that's because they know we'll buy crap…because we have to get the BAF. The way they look at it is, why put effort into something people will end up buying no matter what? Why waste our time making a good product when it will sell even if it's bad? Hasbro is lazy! It's a marketing ploy, nothing more - you can't argue that. Toybiz was just a guilty of it from time to time too but Hasbro give it a whole new level of low.

here we go again. another Hasbro are against Fan arguement even though they give the costumes and characters people want (never mind the sculpts).

not that i don't agree with you. But for some reason im really looking forward to Mr. Fantastic and IW. namor is bad but absolutly terrible. i'm just glad we finally got the bloody costume. (maybe clam well change his avatar now :P). the Thing Doom and Mole man are the ones that make this worth while for me. HT is a big disappointment for me but SS are okay and Ronan is one of the Best Baf (besides the 12" ones) that i have seen in a long while

Look dude, I’m not trying to start an argument, and if one erupts from some overly opinionated person…I’m refusing to take part in it…but this is my opinion. I don’t care if someone gets butt hurt because I dislike 90% of what Hasbro has put out…that’s their own fault for taking offense to something that they really shouldn’t.

I agree that Ronan, moleman, and Dr. Doom are fantastic…but I think everything else is either just downright boring or craptastic. That’s just my opinion, it’s nothing to take offence to. Sure we finally got Green Trunks Namor…but whats the use of having a Green Trunks Namor…is it sucks? I'd rather not have one at all then have one thats awful.

For completists, Ronan looks great to justify getting the whole wave. But for me, he's just another B-list character that appears in the Marvel storyline every once in a Blue moon. The Surfer is great but pales in comparison to the Icons version. I'll pass. I'd like to get Rocky (The Thing) and Dragonball Z (Johnny Storm) and maybe Namor (but I'd plunk his head off and replace with the Series 2 head). Nuff said.

I present to you, the true king of the seven seas & rightful ruler of Atlantis...

Aquaman1.jpg

PAWNS this

SubMariner.jpg

Saying a prototype figure looks better than a retail figure is kind of ridiculous......and by the way, Aquaman is one of the lamest characters to ever hit the justice league....rightful ruler of Atlantis indeed. @loll@

I present to you, the true king of the seven seas & rightful ruler of Atlantis...

Aquaman1.jpg

PAWNS this

SubMariner.jpg

Saying a prototype figure looks better than a retail figure is kind of ridiculous......and by the way, Aquaman is one of the lamest characters to ever hit the justice league....rightful ruler of Atlantis indeed. @loll@

Well I agree, Aquaman is pretty lame...but come on...Aquaman's figure, lame character and prototype or not, is leagues ahead of this Namor and will be when it hits shelves. If Hasbro won’t take it from Toybiz then they need to take a hint from Mattel, I’m more excited for DC Superheroes/DC Universe then anything Hasbros shown yet.

Aquaman1.jpg

PAWNS this

SubMariner.jpg

Well I agree, Aquaman is pretty lame...but come on...Aquaman's figure, lame character and prototype or not, is leagues ahead of this Namor and will be when it hits shelves. If Hasbro won’t take it from Toybiz then they need to take a hint from Mattel, I’m more excited for DC Superheroes/DC Universe then anything Hasbros shown yet.

What I'm saying is no one knows how this Aquaman is going to turn out. Mattel doesn't really like using a lot of paint on this line so it's a bit unlikely Aquaman is going to look like this. Also as everyone knows figures that don't have a lot of articulation always look better in a static pose vs figures that have a lot of articulation....so again it seems a bit ridiculous to compare these figures. I'm not saying Namor is anything great, but really this figure was never going to have crazy amounts of detail, I mean he's only got trunks on after all (unlike Aquaman).

It's all about paint apps and sculpt. How can you explain the chiseled appearance of Aquaman compared to Namor. He looks like he can bash this Tuna face anytime. And look at the hair sculpt on Aquaman, Namor should have a little more on his noggin. The eyes, he has more intensity than that guy looks like he's sitting on the crapper. All in all DC Direct - 1 Hasbro - 0

It's all about paint apps and sculpt. How can you explain the chiseled appearance of Aquaman compared to Namor. He looks like he can bash this Tuna face anytime. And look at the hair sculpt on Aquaman, Namor should have a little more on his noggin. The eyes, he has more intensity than that guy looks like he's sitting on the crapper. All in all DC Direct - 1 Hasbro - 0

Dude.....what the are you talking about? Why would I need to explain anything? You're talking like I said Namor looks better than Aquaman. Lets just recap ok, I said "no one knows how this Aquaman is going to turn out" and "Saying a prototype figure looks better than a retail figure is kind of ridiculous"

Namor was always drawn with his hair in a widow's peak like that. So no he doesn't need more hair.

Don't need to remind us that sculpts change from prototype to retail. But I do comment on what is visually evident. How much does Hasbro pay you to toot their horn? Are you in their payroll? I am just an independent observer and call them out if I see one product is better than the other. The market place is an open sea where you can post a review anytime brother.

Don't need to remind us that sculpts change from prototype to retail. But I do comment on what is visually evident. How much does Hasbro pay you to toot their horn? Are you in their payroll? I am just an independent observer and call them out if I see one product is better than the other. The market place is an open sea where you can post a review anytime brother.

Say what? Please show me where in this thread I have said even one good thing about the figure? Wow dude....just wow. @loll@ @hmmm@

The more actual pictures (non-prototype) I see of the upcoming HML waves the more I can see myself buying partial waves (read 1-3 figures). It especially helps when the BAFs are characters I couldn't care about. Out of the FF wave I can see myself picking up the Silver Surfer, Doom, and Mole Man. And maybe Reed and Sue (just because I don't have them). But the other ones are dead to me.

The more actual pictures (non-prototype) I see of the upcoming HML waves the more I can see myself buying partial waves (read 1-3 figures).

Yeah I feel the same way....I'm even thinking of just buying the Holocaust BAF from ebay since most of the characters in his wave don't do that much for me and I'm a bit doubtful hasbro is gonna give them great paint apps to make them look great.

The more actual pictures (non-prototype) I see of the upcoming HML waves the more I can see myself buying partial waves (read 1-3 figures).

Yeah I feel the same way....I'm even thinking of just buying the Holocaust BAF from ebay since most of the characters in his wave don't do that much for me and I'm a bit doubtful hasbro is gonna give them great paint apps to make them look great.

Hasbro should just sell their "BAFs" (cuz they're so freakin small it's an insult to consider them real BAFs) online in a club kind of a thing and just forget about even including pieces with the regular line, cuz people are not gonna drop money on even 3 figures (note: amounting $30) they don't want for a mediocre BAF.

I believe this is my first post here...i need a home for toys while i'm at work...i figured this'll do #US1#

HASBRO need to heed this message. The BAF ploy only works if the character offerings in the Wave are interesting, . . . turn up a pretty impressive product (sculpt, paint apps and appearance, meaning faithful to the comic version), the BAF itself has to be impressively done.. to justify the customer waiting in line for these. Like I said, they should put out something on parity if not better than the previous manufacturer or they would always be compared with has been previously put out (unfair or not). Otherwise they are just setting themselves up for peg warmers . . . and bad sales.

for my part, namor looks good. great sculpt. after i repaint him then he will be perfect for me :D same with torche. dragon ball torche will get some nice fire repaints and voila great figure. the only thing is the thing. how can i make him taller? thats hard. i know now that he isnt that tall in the comics but still. he has to be taller then the others in the f4 for my taste.

i will give it a try :P thanks man. by the way with that aquaman discussion. mattel did a great job with putting out there figures with the right paintings just like they showed them at there presentation i think. even better then toybiz did. mattel shows you what you got for my opinion. namor will be a good figure. the painting kills a lot of hasbro figures. thor was for my taste one of the best legends so far but the paint was terrible on him. i repainted him and he is fantastic. i gave quicksilver a a great wash and wow now i love him. for now i am less dissapointed then before. they try and they learn. everyone wants to put his signature on there products. thats normal. hasbro does the same. they took over toybiz. this is toybiz idea from begin with. hasbro took over and wants to do something new but also pleasing the fans, the critics, every one, thats a hard job i think. i give them credit for that. sure i prefer toybiz stuff. they had it great. face off, boxsets, repaints, icons. they where better with every year that came. now it is hasbro and i hope they will become better every year too. now bring me that marvel legends spiderman comic wave @loll@

I didn't really have a problem with Namor until seeing it together with Aquaman. Now it's... disappointing. I'll have to see what the released Aquaman looks like, but the Mattel toys have been pretty close to the prototypes. I think that was what Shokker was saying above me.

wait a minute are u telling us you wouldn't want a BLack Bolt Nova or tigra (granted the tigra mightn't turn out well but at least it new). and before you going saying im have my own opinion, just note that im only asking you this and note That i will be getting them regardless of Nemesis

for my part, namor looks good. great sculpt. after i repaint him then he will be perfect for me :D same with torche. dragon ball torche will get some nice fire repaints and voila great figure. the only thing is the thing. how can i make him taller? thats hard. i know now that he isnt that tall in the comics but still. he has to be taller then the others in the f4 for my taste.

Freakin Ultimate universe messed it up for 616 version of Ben! Once & freakin for all, the Thing of the 616 universe is 6ft tall & weighs 500lbs! He is not supposed to tower over anyone except Wolverine & anyone else under 6 freakin ft! Here's a great pic by one of the best Thing artist ever that shows you what accurate scale the Thing & everyone else is supposed to be in when standing next to one another.

aojb_marvelheroes-1.jpg

He's finally been done in the perfect scale!

FFWAVE-1.jpg

nuff said!