Carded and loose pics of the FF Marvel Legends wave found in China

JayC

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate sue`s costume. Those who got the white dark blue boxset should be happy to get the "bendy" richards, to match the boxset uniforms. For those of us who didn`t get it, we`ll have to wait for a boxset or whatever to get matching costumes. . .

Wow, where to start, first the surfer sucks. The only thing that makes him better than the TB one is his face sculpt the poa and the fact that his board is pegged and in 2 pieces is ridiculous, Second, I don't think I can take all the poa they gave mole man. I am overwhelmed by the advanced movement they gave him, and Lastly why did they not just reuse the head sculpt of TB 2 Namor. Has anyone seen the crap that is Namor's face. Serioulsy it's night and day. This new one looks like a happy meal toy. I could get over the new ugly joints for him, but that face is wretched.

P.S. I did not say all of this to start the whole TB rules and Hasbro sucks debate. I just believe the above to be true

I'm amazed at how wonky Namor's paint wash ended up.....I mean did people at Hasbro really think this was the best paint technique to use? Overall I really like the figure, but with just a bit of effort this could easily been Hasbro's first true home run in Marvel Legends.

to tell the truth it reminds me of how it looks in the original ff comics really... I am surprised though that hasbro has not put out a red trunks chase figure of him :D its such an easy one to do come on!

to tell the truth it reminds me of how it looks in the original ff comics really

I'm not sure the comic book artist were going for the blotchy look, I think they wanted a sun kissed look for him.....I guess Hasbro wanted that look too, it just didn't quite work out for them.

I'm amazed at how wonky Namor's paint wash ended up.....I mean did people at Hasbro really think this was the best paint technique to use? Overall I really like the figure, but with just a bit of effort this could easily been Hasbro's first true home run in Marvel Legends.

seriously??? I kinda think that Namor is the second worst Marvel Legend Hasbro has made.

he just looks aweful all the way around. The only thing they got right was his costume.

seriously??? I kinda think that Namor is the second worst Marvel Legend Hasbro has made.

he just looks aweful all the way around. The only thing they got right was his costume.

I guess I don't mind the sculpt nearly as much as you do Clam. The knee joints are unfortunate...for sure, but I can live with them and the elbow joints look more than ok head on and since they can turn in more directions than the typical double jointed elbows you don't really miss the ball jointed shoulders. From an anatomical standpoint I think his body turned out quite good, sometimes those ball joints just stood out too much, the route that Hasbro has gone with him means you don't have that problem.

Is it just me or does that flame top look removable from the Johnny Storm figure? It looks like you could remove it and it will be a normal head which would be a very nice addition.

update: I just saw the loose and carded pics, and it's not, which sucks.

I was thinking this too...but it appears not to be. Is it not removable 100%? Are you sure? Because, honestly, Johnny would be a good figure without the flaming head...but with it he looks utterly ridiculous. It’s so bad looking that I actually have to wonder if they were trying to make it look bad. Hah! I mean honestly, how could they let that figure hit shelves? It’s an embarrassment.

By the time we are done with torches we will be able to display them all in a row from just a start of lighting up to fullly flamed :D Next up torch or with just glowing eyes only!! :P

Why do you hate it so much articulation aside?.. PS have you ever thought that you could make a good custom out of this ?... Between this and the tb one I bet a bunch will be popping up :) far more easier for the normal non jin like person to just use the namor green trunks than make there own @loll@

to tell the truth it reminds me of how it looks in the original ff comics really

I'm not sure the comic book artist were going for the blotchy look, I think they wanted a sun kissed look for him.....I guess Hasbro wanted that look too, it just didn't quite work out for them.

Nice to see someone else can see what I'm talking about! I am going to have to dig out my ff omnibus now and compare! @loll@ Glad omnibus are not hard to find though being how freakn huge they are :P Anyone happen to know what early number books namor appears in the ff?.. I know he is in quite a few of the #10-40s run:) Man I'm still surprised they didn't go with a red trunks chase on this one @loll@

I definitely wasn't collecting ML when the original Namor was released, so seeing this new one is a bit on the disappointing side.

Mainly because he looks like just got raped and assaulted in a prison shower. Of oatmeal.

But hey, on the bright side, at least Hasbro looks like its honestly TRYING to do the paint washes now.

By the time we are done with torches we will be able to display them all in a row from just a start of lighting up to fullly flamed :D Next up torch or with just glowing eyes only!! :P

Why do you hate it so much articulation aside?.. PS have you ever thought that you could make a good custom out of this ?... Between this and the tb one I bet a bunch will be popping up :) far more easier for the normal non jin like person to just use the namor green trunks than make there own @loll@

I can't find anything good about him other than his costume.

He has really bad joints, they are fugly and everybody knows that.

but aside from that:

his face is horrible.

he is way too scrawny.

His paint is craptastic.

the real question is, Is there anything good about this figure?

I can't find anything good about him other than his costume.

He has really bad joints, they are fugly and everybody knows that.

but aside from that:

his face is horrible.

he is way too scrawny.

His paint is craptastic.

the real question is, Is there anything good about this figure?

His costume? @smilepunch@

Moleman and Dr. Doom I’ll happily purchase, they look very good - lets just pray to god that their weapons aren’t molded into their hands…but why on earth would they do that? Oh wait…Hasbro doesn’t need a reason to piss us off.

Mr. Fantastic, The Thing, and Silver Surfer I find average or mediocre - but purchasable. They could be way better, their paint jobs are crap…they look ridiculously plasticy. Plus the reduction of articulation is just ridiculous, what’s their justification? People want Toybiz level articulation, don’t they dare say otherwise!!! Thing isn’t a bad figure, he’s just immensely bland. Mr. Fantastic could have benefited from interchangeable parts, and I hate that the limbs are bendy because eventually bendy almost always breaks and looses it’s ability to be moved. It would have been nice if he had the ability to become normal. Silver Surfer isn’t bad at all…there is just something about him that that bothers me that I cannot even quite place.

Namor, Johnny Storm, Invisible Woman are just god awful. I’m sorry but these are embarrassingly abysmal. I’ve waited so long for a classic Namor…and this is what I get? Now I can magnify my disappointment by 100 and I still can’t imagine Clams feelings. I don’t even personally think the body is that bad, though not good by any means, for me it’s the face that kills it. The worst part is that we’re going to have to wait probably around five years before we get another chance at a new Namor figure. Johnny Storm/Torch could have been fantastic and by all rights I’d think it’s a great figure…if his head wasn’t going freaking super saiyan. Why did they do this? Why not clip on fire? I mean it already looks removable as is…why not just make it removable to begin with? But the hair just destroys any love I could and would have had for this. But the worst one…Invisible Woman. This thing, to me, makes scarlet witch look pretty. I’m never going to get a good Sue Storm, I swear I never will…I’m ticked off by the sheer fact that they used a different costume for her to begin with. Why the #$## did they do that? Why not just classic Sue Storm in all blue and white/darker blue? Plus she’s got the face of a dog and her legs look hideous. The two characters I've been waiting for to get great figures of for ages now are the sheer #$@#...

But the hardest part of the entire wave…Ronan looks FANTASTIC! Why do they let garbage like Namor and Invisible Woman pass to be on store shelves…but the Built-a-figure always ends up being awesomely sculpted? Oh yah…cause they want use to be forced to by crap in order to get the BAF! F-you Hasblow!

Are there any variants for this series, clear and transition Sue Storm for example?

Moleman and Dr. Doom I’ll happily purchase, they look very good - lets just pray to god that their weapons aren’t molded into their hands…but why on earth would they do that? Oh wait…Hasbro doesn’t need a reason to piss us off.

But the hardest part of the entire wave…Ronan looks FANTASTIC! Why do they let garbage like Namor and Invisible Woman pass to be on store shelves…but the Built-a-figure always ends up being awesomely sculpted? Oh yah…cause they want use to be forced to by crap in order to get the BAF! F-you Hasblow!

Are there any variants for this series, clear and transition Sue Storm for example?

Do you honestly believe that Hasbro really has it out for the fans?

It's one thing to dislike the figures, but to think Hasbro's making poor figures just to piss off fans is a little ridiculous.

i'd seriously be willing to forget any of the new changes hasbro has implemented if they would just get rid of those new, nasty joints! the ball jointed ankles can't even sit right unless turned to the side and surprise...those new ball jointed elbows and knees are horrific! sometimes change is good, i guess not this time.

Do you honestly believe that Hasbro really has it out for the fans?

It's one thing to dislike the figures, but to think Hasbro's making poor figures just to piss off fans is a little ridiculous.

You take things way to literally, it was mostly a joke. But, the BAF tactic is undeniable. There can’t be a single person in this world that looks at Sue Storm and thinks, “that’s the best they could do - I must own it!!!” Instead of passing this figure into production, why didn’t they just continue trying to make a good sculpt until…oh I don’t know…they made a good sculpt? They’re way to lenient on what they give a passing grade, and that’s because they know we’ll buy crap…because we have to get the BAF. The way they look at it is, why put effort into something people will end up buying no matter what? Why waste our time making a good product when it will sell even if it's bad? Hasbro is lazy! It’s a marketing ploy, nothing more - you can’t argue that. Toybiz was just a guilty of it from time to time too but Hasbro give it a whole new level of low.