25th Anniversary Comic 2 Packs!!!!!!

GGPiKE

Then why the hell aren't we GETTING Kamakura, Wraith, Billy, Oktober Guard, etc.?

That seems to be the million dollar question. Supposedly, Wave 2 will wow us. So, just hold out - let the Duke/CC SE/SS 2-packs peg warm a bit and wait for better stuff to roll in... I hope.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i love hawk he was big in the comics in the 80's and now.and the fact that hasbro can use that body and make hawk,grunt,stalker,snakeeyes,and with a few ajustments zap,rock-n-roll,andshort-fuze is great.i want all the originals before alot of the new comer's.

the fact that hawk deserved a fig before duke is true.remember the movie....hawk then duke then me(flint)then you(beachhead)

God bless,

JC #US1#

Then why the hell aren't we GETTING Kamakura, Wraith, Billy, Oktober Guard, etc.?

That seems to be the million dollar question. Supposedly, Wave 2 will wow us. So, just hold out - let the Duke/CC SE/SS 2-packs peg warm a bit and wait for better stuff to roll in... I hope.

That's what I'm hoping. People will pick up the 2-packs because they don't want to or can't get the 5-packs. But, hopefully, they will be "good enough" peg warmers (compared to the Scarlett/Hawk) that Hasbro will realize why.

I'd have to see Doc first.

Its a V1 Snake - Eyes head put on a Cobra Commander body and has Storm Shadow's Webgear. But its comic accurate in its coloring. @smilepunch@

In all seriousness I hope it looks great, or hell... good. I always loved the mail away figures and hope we see a lot more of these. And I lovec Doc and always hated how he never got a V2 treatment. Such a shame.

Oh poop on me. They're not using the points system again, are they?

Well, none of the new 25th stuff has Battle/Flag Points - neither the single packs nor the 5-packs. They could use UPCs or... maybe all of the newer figures will have insets - collect so many and send it away. Hell, could be as simple as mail this off with X amount of money and in 4-6 weeks get your Doc.

Its a V1 Snake - Eyes head put on a Cobra Commander body and has Storm Shadow's Webgear. But its comic accurate in its coloring. @smilepunch@

Yeah..well it's the coloring that has me worried. Judging by the looks of these comic packs, Hasbro's going back to pastels and pukie color choices, because the ink jet printer ran low when they copied off the comic books, so now that's what they call "comic book accurate"! :rolleyes:

I hope Doc doesn't get some crappy color scheme thrown on him, and it's more like the action figure.

As for the comic packs, those really kind of suck. You could take the Snake-Eyes figure and put Duke's head on there and have a Hawk figure all ready to go....lame.

Actually I'm glad they didn't just do that, because the head sculpt they got showin' for Hawk, actually looks like a MAN! :) Much better looking than the Duke "somebody stole my ice cream cone" face.

Point system? Flag Points?

I like those. Back when the first did it, Flag Points were it. Originally, Cobra Commander was avaialble for 5 flag points (and shipping). Then it went to "reducing" prices by including Flag Points (the H.I.S.S. sold in 1987 for $7 and shipping OR $4 and 4 flag points and, of course, shipping). Finally just "send us money". The Steel Brigade figure, was $7.50 and there was a rare "drive" set (Copperhead, Frostbite, H.I.S.S. Driver, Stinger Driver, Crancase and Thunder) for $16. No Flag Points.

I like those. Back when the first did it, Flag Points were it. Originally, Cobra Commander was avaialble for 5 flag points (and shipping). Then it went to "reducing" prices by including Flag Points (the H.I.S.S. sold in 1987 for $7 and shipping OR $4 and 4 flag points and, of course, shipping). Finally just "send us money". The Steel Brigade figure, was $7.50 and there was a rare "drive" set (Copperhead, Frostbite, H.I.S.S. Driver, Stinger Driver, Crancase and Thunder) for $16. No Flag Points.

Couldn't be flag points, the new figures don't have them. They will probably do it like they do the Star Wars mailaways. Show a reciept or a coupon that comes in the figure package.

The old comic 3 packs were 10 times better looking then these POS. I thought those got canceled due to lack of sales, so how do they expect these will sell any better? Because they have only 2 figures instead of 3?????

first, i love the packaging, ill buy em to leave them MOC, and on the wall.

absolutely wonderful exectuion of packaging!!!!! <3

second: im gonna give them the chance, the first wave of Star wars comic packs were horrid, and the latest ones are Magnificant! Ill give them a chance, and hope they follow the same route, and we get DDP

versions, along with Iconic versions of the original Marvel characters in the later issues.

heres for a issue #34 with Ace/ Wild Weasel pack!

awesome.

Couldn't be flag points, the new figures don't have them. They will probably do it like they do the Star Wars mailaways. Show a reciept or a coupon that comes in the figures.

I doubt they will even go THAT far. Just "send us the money". Especially since they know most of us have TONS of Flag Points from the 80s, let alone UPCs from the current stuff.

WOW, coool images and it is good to see some more JOE news. As for the comic packs, I am glad that they are coming out with them again. I am wondering if they are going to show/reveal the animation packs that HASBRO was talking about at last years con. As for the other images, it looks like Shipwrek is better looking now. I know that they are repaints, but I will get a few of each to support the line. The con is almost here and I cannot wait to see what else they are going to show is.

The old comic 3 packs were 10 times better looking then these POS. I thought those got canceled due to lack of sales, so how do they expect these will sell any better? Because they have only 2 figures instead of 3?????

@loll@

Apparently, Hasbro thinks the packs "sucked" and were pulled (due to "lagging sales") because they had the O-ring design, and now that the 25th line is doing well in the non-oring style, they're going to REDO the whole damn thing, starting from scratch, with the SAME characters, in the SAME color of outfits, only in the 25th style, and they think that's what'll make'em sell "better"?

Maybe it's just the guy they have in charge of painting them?

11pastello0.png

"WEEeeeeeeeee!!"

first, i love the packaging, ill buy em to leave them MOC, and on the wall.

absolutely wonderful exectuion of packaging!!!!! <3

See I gotta disagree. The packaging on the orginal 3 packs looked so much better then these. This is all like green, looks like they even changed the colors on the cover of the comic. Maybe it's just a bad picture, but I think they took a step backwards here from what I can see in that image.