25th Anniversary Comic 2 Packs!!!!!!

GGPiKE

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

heres for a issue #34 with Ace/ Wild Weasel pack!

Episode 4: Zartan & Flint (in arctic gear)

This is kind of what I am hoping for out of the Comics line...Iconic Characters in their less than Iconic Outfits...the Winter Jackets that everybody wore on Arctic missions etc....kind of expanded universe Joe-style.

I rather liked those winter outfits they sported in the movie myself. Looked pretty cool and it was nice to see them wearing coats instead of seeing Gung Ho running around in just his vest :)

11winteropsxx9.png

11winterops2uq5.png

I've always, ALWAYS wanted exactly those! The problem is, would Hasbro do them accurately? If they were RAH form they'd probably all just have Snow Job bodies. I don't know what they'd do for 25th Anniversary versions...

As far as artic outfits go, and including those seen in the movie, I'd die for a Destro in that kickass long coat he wore.

Yeah, they need to drop the whole REDO of the comic packs idea (seeing how they just did them in RAH style) and try something new, something creative or at least something original, like doing a movie edition of the figures, using the winter gear outfits. That Destro was a pretty cool looking character in that long coat. :)

11movie4eh5.png

11movie6aw0.png

heres for a issue #34 with Ace/ Wild Weasel pack!

Episode 4: Zartan & Flint (in arctic gear)

This is kind of what I am hoping for out of the Comics line...Iconic Characters in their less than Iconic Outfits...the Winter Jackets that everybody wore on Arctic missions etc....kind of expanded universe Joe-style.

I rather liked those winter outfits they sported in the movie myself. Looked pretty cool and it was nice to see them wearing coats instead of seeing Gung Ho running around in just his vest :)

11winteropsxx9.png

11winterops2uq5.png

I've always, ALWAYS wanted exactly those! The problem is, would Hasbro do them accurately? If they were RAH form they'd probably all just have Snow Job bodies. I don't know what they'd do for 25th Anniversary versions...

I bet they could do them "more accurately" since all the straps and harnesses and such are overlayed in the 25th line. That's part of the reason they can reuse the molds a little easier I think. Imagine if that strap across Duke's chest had been part of the mold? No way would it have worked for Flint. But since the strap (and Flint's webharness thing) are removable accessories, they body can work.

Yeah, they would probably STILL use Snow Job's body, but Quick Kick, for example, that red such would be like what the did with Storm Shadow. A removable accessory rather than painted/molded on the figure.

As far as artic outfits go, and including those seen in the movie, I'd die for a Destro in that kickass long coat he wore.

Yeah, they need to drop the whole REDO of the comic packs idea (seeing how they just did them in RAH style) and try something new, something creative or at least something original, like doing a movie edition of the figures, using the winter gear outfits. That Destro was a pretty cool looking character in that long coat. :)

Agreed. Do it like they are doing the Star Wars stuff and give us comic-only and/or unique characters. That kinda "what if" comic where Leia becomes a Jedi. Or the expanded universe stuff (Asharad Hett vs the Dark Woman, for example).

I suppose it could be argued that Star Wars has a much higher budget and can, thus, DO that kinda thing. But at the same time, those Star Wars figures look great but have like NO articulation which makes them cheap.

Simply put, Hasbro needs to stop rehashing the same 5 or 6 characters over and over. The unique aspects of what could be done in the comic packs can and are being shown the Star Wars ones. Or, maybe a better example, might be the Oktober Guard comic packs. Even with the weak quality, I think that pack with Horror Show sold pretty well, didn't it?

I bet they could do them "more accurately" since all the straps and harnesses and such are overlayed in the 25th line. That's part of the reason they can reuse the molds a little easier I think. Imagine if that strap across Duke's chest had been part of the mold? No way would it have worked for Flint. But since the strap (and Flint's webharness thing) are removable accessories, they body can work.

Yeah, they would probably STILL use Snow Job's body, but Quick Kick, for example, that red such would be like what the did with Storm Shadow. A removable accessory rather than painted/molded on the figure.

Yeah, that is true...

I'm with VH, enough with the comic packs. Just stick a DVD with an old cartoon episode in there instead! Probably be cheaper than a comic, too...

Yeah, that is true...

I'm with VH, enough with the comic packs. Just stick a DVD with an old cartoon episode in there instead! Probably be cheaper than a comic, too...

Just make sure they are Sunbow. I decided to do reviews of the DiC stuff and man are they awful!

There's a strong chance the comic packs will mean such characters as Dr. Venom, Billy, and Khaki Kwinn. And, much like SW, the more $$ made on molds reuse means more product that can be developed.

Yes, I know that's not an excuse for the comic packs in some people's eyes. Personally, I like them. Yes, I am easily pleased, have no taste, am a suckup....Just heading off the potential flames/responses.

There's a strong chance the comic packs will mean such characters as Dr. Venom, Billy, and Khaki Kwinn. And, much like SW, the more $$ made on molds reuse means more product that can be developed.

That's an iffy excuse though, when you take into consideration the number one thing that will justify the continuance of ANY toyline is if people are BUYING it. Making the product as cheaply as possible ain't going to do it, and cutting corners ain't going to do it either. We still have to buy it, even if it only cost them pennies to make, and if we aren't buying it, it's GONE.

Once the crappy figures and the constantly reused and repeated figures start clogging up the pegs (like SE and SS are now) the retailers take note and order less, and low and behold...production stops.

The answer most offered up when we all start complaining about stuff like this, is that we don't have to buy it or that we should just buy what we like, leave the rest, and to stop complaining about it, yet on the otherhand...we're suppose to buy it ALL to support the line, so that after half a dozen reuses, repaints and mold sharing, we MIGHT get something original and new? <_<

That's an iffy excuse though, when you take into consideration the number one thing that will justify the continuance of ANY toyline is if people are BUYING it. Making the product as cheaply as possible ain't going to do it, and cutting corners ain't going to do it either. We still have to buy it, even if it only cost them pennies to make, and if we aren't buying it, it's GONE.

Once the crappy figures and the constantly reused and repeated figures start clogging up the pegs (like SE and SS are now) the retailers take note and order less, and low and behold...production stops.

The answer most offered up when we all start complaining about stuff like this, is that we don't have to buy it or that we should just buy what we like, leave the rest, and to stop complaining about it, yet on the otherhand...we're suppose to buy it ALL to support the line, so that after half a dozen reuses, repaints and mold sharing, we MIGHT get something original and new? <_<

Exactly. I looked at those SW ones and they have like 4 points of articulation on a lot of them. Pretty damn cheap. But SW has a much larger fan base then G.I. Joe, so I think they think they can get away with that.

MAN HASBRO IS GOING TO KILL THE LINE WITH ALL THESE DAME REPAINTS

Well in all fairness, they will be releasing new characters in the following waves.

These repaints are relatively few. Not to mention the line is still new, so saying Hasbro

is going to kill this line in its infancy is still a bit pre-mature.

Exactly. I looked at those SW ones and they have like 4 points of articulation on a lot of them. Pretty damn cheap. But SW has a much larger fan base then G.I. Joe, so I think they think they can get away with that.

Right...and when they try and get away with that with the G.I.Joes and their much smaller fanbase, they see the product just sitting and decide "oh gee, they must not be into G.I.Joe anymore?" <_<

How about we're just not into the same 5 characters crammed down our throats in every stinkin' wave after wave...maybe THAT'S what it is, huh?

Actually, they range from 8-10+ POAs on newly tooled figures, figures which may well not see reuse soon, if ever, again. The catch with Star Wars is that Hasbro can (and has) been selective in articulation in characters/situations. With Joe, it seems everyone wants all or nothing. All characters must be consistant and have the same articulation, PERIOD.

A good example is the recent Luke/Mara Jade set: Luke had only 8 POAs while Mara got 12.

And even with fewer POAs, new molds are NOT cheap.

The hard reality is that because molds are expensive, don't expect Hasbro to go crazy with new tooling on (in the grand scheme of things) minor characters. Same can be said of cartoon characters like Sparks, Big Lob and others. The more articulation that goes into each figure, the more it costs Hasbro to make, which reduces their return on investment. In some characters (in Star Wars case, Luke, or the Infinities Vader) it really doesn't make sense to drop as much into them as in new mainline figures, as they are less likely to be reused so the overall RoI will be less.

Actually, they range from 8-10+ POAs on newly tooled figures, figures which may well not see reuse soon, if ever, again. The catch with Star Wars is that Hasbro can (and has) been selective in articulation in characters/situations. With Joe, it seems everyone wants all or nothing. All characters must be consistant and have the same articulation, PERIOD.

A good example is the recent Luke/Mara Jade set: Luke had only 8 POAs while Mara got 12.

And even with fewer POAs, new molds are NOT cheap.

The hard reality is that because molds are expensive, don't expect Hasbro to go crazy with new tooling on (in the grand scheme of things) minor characters. Same can be said of cartoon characters like Sparks, Big Lob and others. The more articulation that goes into each figure, the more it costs Hasbro to make, which reduces their return on investment. In some characters (in Star Wars case, Luke, or the Infinities Vader) it really doesn't make sense to drop as much into them as in new mainline figures, as they are less likely to be reused so the overall RoI will be less.

Oh, sure, I fully expect them to reuse molds. I just want APPLICABLE reuses, at best. And I don't believe Duke, Cobra Commander, Storm Shadow, Scarlett and Snake Eyes are "applicable". Even the argument that "new characters" will be coming in future comic pack waves is nothing more than a rumor given we know NOTHING about any future packs.

Thing is though, SW can get away with fewer points of articulation. G.I. Joe can't.

Sheesh. I'm kind of sorry I mentioned it. I was just trying to point out that after wave 1, they might produce the figures I listed. The more reactions I see to the 25th line, the more I am convinced it was a mistake. I'd rather they go back to TRU exclusives or fan choice figures only at this point, due to the VERY negative responses to SE and SS. I wish they'd kill them off. Duke too. Then there's be no complaining about them. I kow everyone has a right to their opinion, but it gets old fast when it's all complaints about certain characters. It's clear that the comic packs were a somewhat rushed afterthought. I'd prefer they'd not have bothered at all.

Personally, I hope people let Hasbro know how much they dislike these at the Con. Let them know you never want another SE or SS again. They'll have a Q&A there, so the chance to let them know your disgust at these packs/characters will be presented. And the Q&A here is a good chance also. With enough feedback, you can get these characters limited.

Even though I would like another SS figure with that v2 hood, I think another tactic in lettin Hasbro know that one doesn't want SE,SS, and Duke is to start a boycott in not buying their figures and let them warm the asles. That way, Hasbro will get the message not to make more version of them. Unfournately, because of the s6 cartoon, these figures may still be popular with the kids.

Even though I would like another SS figure with that v2 hood, I think another tactic in lettin Hasbro know that one doesn't want SE,SS, and Duke is to start a boycott in not buying their figures and let them warm the asles. That way, Hasbro will get the message not to make more version of them. Unfournately, because of the s6 cartoon, these figures may still be popular with the kids.

They will cool in popularity soon I'm sure. Boycotting the figures and giving them feedback that you hate them is a good way to impact the decision making in future waves. And educating kids on wanting no more than one SE, Duke, or SS will go a long way towards fixing the off ratios of these shelfwarmers to needed characters.

i think most kids really only want one of each fig i know my kids are like that but when it comes to christmas and birthdays etc family members buy the ones they have heard of such as se,duke and thats where allot of the multible figs. come in and hasbro knows that parents who buy these that dont really know anything about gijoe would more likely reconize the core figs and buy them instead of someone like jinx are tunnelrat who is not as well known

Unfournately, because of the s6 cartoon, these figures may still be popular with the kids.

Wait, don't we WANT kids buying these figures? Y'know, so that the line will continue with more than half new waves and rehashed comic packs?

Well, I DO want kids buy it, hence me not caring for another SS and SE (read my post for wanting another SS), but I said unforunately because of those who do not want a dozen SS and SE.

Besides, one arguement that can come out of it is that the line is for adult collectors hence the major amount of homage the line has to the original RAH series.