25th Anniversary Comic 2 Packs!!!!!!

GGPiKE

The old comic 3 packs were 10 times better looking then these POS. I thought those got canceled due to lack of sales, so how do they expect these will sell any better? Because they have only 2 figures instead of 3?????

@loll@

Apparently, Hasbro thinks the packs "sucked" and were pulled (due to "lagging sales") because they had the O-ring design, and now that the 25th line is doing well in the non-oring style, they're going to REDO the whole damn thing, starting from scratch, with the SAME characters, in the SAME color of outfits, only in the 25th style, and they think that's what'll make'em sell "better"?

Maybe it's just the guy they have in charge of painting them?

11pastello0.png

"WEEeeeeeeeee!!"

Yeah I think the Hasbro people were smoking something when they came up with these.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, and VH. How hard was it to pop off the hands of the 25th figures. I've given some gentle tugs out of curiosity - but they seem to be firmly attached.

You gotta stick them down in some HOT water for a little bit and they'll come right off. It's the "boil & pop" trick. ^_^

The old comic 3 packs were 10 times better looking then these POS. I thought those got canceled due to lack of sales, so how do they expect these will sell any better? Because they have only 2 figures instead of 3?????

@loll@

Apparently, Hasbro thinks the packs "sucked" and were pulled (due to "lagging sales") because they had the O-ring design, and now that the 25th line is doing well in the non-oring style, they're going to REDO the whole damn thing, starting from scratch, with the SAME characters, in the SAME color of outfits, only in the 25th style, and they think that's what'll make'em sell "better"?

Maybe it's just the guy they have in charge of painting them?

11pastello0.png

"WEEeeeeeeeee!!"

Yeah I think the Hasbro people were smoking something when they came up with these.

I think it was their lame attempt to make 'em look like their comic colors, like with the Star Wars comic packs.

Well, I agree Hawk looks good, too bad the rest are all repeat repaints. At least this Storm Shadow, is the closest to his v1 look (sandals painted white, no painted border on his shirt).

This is all like green, looks like they even changed the colors on the cover of the comic.

I am sure they're not going to use comics that date themselves or looks like its part of some continuity. They are going to take the stand-alone issues-mostly those that had cartoon commercials.

They want issues that are stand-alone adventures that don't require continuity. They also want to divorce themselves from the idea that these are 20-30 year old comics. Hence, they change the covers so you don't see "issue 24" or "issue 1." That is also a good thing for the "collector" who goes, "ohh, different cover."

Issues 1 and 24 are great issues that you don't need to know about any other Larry Hama back story to enjoy. Issue 11 would be like that, too.

Couldn't be flag points, the new figures don't have them. They will probably do it like they do the Star Wars mailaways. Show a reciept or a coupon that comes in the figure package.

Or Hasbro might be cycling in some sort of point system with the 2008 offerings. My bets are that Hasbro considers the comic packs part of the 08 assortments that are simply getting out early. In late 2006 with Star Wars, the first wave of comic packs started to filter in even though the products were considered part of the 30th line. I'm suspecting the same thing is happening with GI Joe.

heres for a issue #34 with Ace/ Wild Weasel pack!

Couldn't agree more. That ish was top 5 for me. The salute they gave each other at the end was one of the best moments in the whole saga.

I like the Scarlett/Hawk & SE/SS packs a lot; they make sense. I really don't like Duke's coloring though; CC looks fine, and comics accurate. We'll see if they tone that green down a little.

I agree that this subline will reflect the Star Wars approach -- they will reel in the average buyer with the iconic figs in Wave 1, then start getting into more obscure (to Joe Average) characters.

I wonder if they have considered doing some cartoon two packs as well, with 'toon color schemes and a DVD? They could do the whole Revenge of Cobra mini-series, do 5 different 2-packs and each pack could come with an episode. Even though you can get the whole movie on one disc, it'd be fun, especially for kids coming in. I would propose:

Episode 1: Cobra Commander & Duke

Episode 2: Scrap Iron & Blowtorch

Episode 3: Spirit & Storm Shadow

Episode 4: Zartan & Flint (in arctic gear)

Episode 5: Destro & Snake Eyes

And maybe even a Roadblock & Honda Lou West? ;)

This is kind of what I am hoping for out of the Comics line...Iconic Characters in their less than Iconic Outfits...the Winter Jackets that everybody wore on Arctic missions etc....kind of expanded universe Joe-style.

I am in for the Issue 1 pack. The only problem with Hawk is the hands. They need to be the same as Duke's or Flint's. I guess I could switch the hands between Hawk and Flint so both are more accurate.

I am in for the Issue 1 pack. The only problem with Hawk is the hands. They need to be the same as Duke's or Flint's. I guess I could switch the hands between Hawk and Flint so both are more accurate.

Nope. Duke's wrist is to far up. You'd have to use Gung Ho's.

I wonder if they're going to do the mail away like the SW figs, where each pack comes with a special "proof of purchase" sticker and you save up 5 of them and then send them in with $5.. I can see them doing that, I'm sure we'll know the details at the Joecon.

I know these are suppossed to be comic packs, but it looks like like Duke, Scarlett, Snake Eyes and Cobra Commander came right out of the cartoon with their coloring, making these more animated two-packs with comics inserted.

Comic book colors don't often transfer over to action figure colors very well, because if this is how they looked in the comic books, they SUCK! @hmmm@

Does anyone know when these are set to release? I hope its around or after Wave 3 so we have room to catch up on everything. This looks like a good oppurtunity to customize some Storm Shadows into varuous Ninjas.

I read somewhere that it is wave 1 comic packs that are due early 2008? I would think that they would start showing up for pre order in Oct/Nov and be out starting around the holiday time.

Hawk looks decent, but that helmet looks ridiculous.

What do you dislike about the helmet? It's exactly what Missile Commander had with his MMS. I like the black straps, but the original figure had silver gear.

It looks entirely too big for his head. It's like it's not even touching the sides of his head. I would guess it will look better in person, but I don't think those pictures with him wearing it do much for generating excitement (though I would guess they put it on him to make sure everyone knew it was Hawk and not Duke).

Anyone suprised and/or disappointed by the comic packs doesn't know HAsbro very well. This is just what they do. They repaint. And not just with GI Joe.

I'm sure they didn't realize it at the time, but the fact that the 80's comic gave everyone slightly brighter colors than their toys 20 years ago, is now a way for Hasbro to make more $$$ cheeply today. That comic line must be a Godsend to them!

Hawk? Yep, he's cool. But with the dark green and no red colar, I wonder what makes him "comic" Hawk? I like him better this way anyway.

Well Hasbro has to get as many uses outta these current molds as they can, since the new bodies wont be ready till sometime into 08, so they gotta keep new product out there some how. Other than the bright colors, these packs aint that bad.

Comic book colors don't often transfer over to action figure colors very well, because if this is how they looked in the comic books, they SUCK! @hmmm@

I can't agree more considering how limited the colors comic printing had during the '40s up until the early '90s. I think the digital age with photoshop and such upped the color display in comics, which is quite recent.

This gives hope of getting Tomax and Xamot....one day. :P I just hope they turn out better than Serpentor. *sigh*

This is kind of what I am hoping for out of the Comics line...Iconic Characters in their less than Iconic Outfits...the Winter Jackets that everybody wore on Arctic missions etc....kind of expanded universe Joe-style.

I rather liked those winter outfits they sported in the movie myself. Looked pretty cool and it was nice to see them wearing coats instead of seeing Gung Ho running around in just his vest :)

11winteropsxx9.png

11winterops2uq5.png