25th Anniversary Comic 2 Packs!!!!!!

GGPiKE

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, they look kind of silly except for Hawk and SE.

Do they really need to use the gloved hands of that SE V1 body though? Why can't they just replace them with bare hands?

Yea, I like the Snake Eyes V1 enough to not mind a repaint. You're right they should have replaced the hands for Hawk at least. All the other ones in the 2 packs are much too similar to justify picking them up in my opinion. But having said that, I'll probably end up getting them anyway. Maybe I was one of those suckers born every minute.

MAN HASBRO IS GOING TO KILL THE LINE WITH ALL THESE DAME REPAINTS

You know, this looks like how they're going to release the original members of the Joe team, but just not quite hitting the mark. Now if these had been just the original 13, it would have been a home run and the perfect way to sell them. Oh well.

From what some are saying on the other boards, the Wave 2 comic packs are going to be very worth the wait. Here's to hoping that is when Hasbro will start putting in the original 13.

i could care les about the 13. as there are so many more members of the joe team that need new sculpts like doc,quick kick ect. i just hope that wave 2 isnt just a bunch of repaints.

Ok, half and half . . .we'll compromise? @loll@

i could care les about the 13. as there are so many more members of the joe team that need new sculpts like doc,quick kick ect. i just hope that wave 2 isnt just a bunch of repaints.

Ok, half and half . . .we'll compromise? @loll@

ok that works @smilepunch@ so there 1/2 way there lol

I'll most likely be picking up that Hawk and passing on the others, unless Hasbro announces Hawk coming out in some other form, like a single card. I don't like the toned up comic colors of the Star Wars figures.

WOW!

Those are GRUESOME!! :blink:

All except the Hawk figure that is, and he'll definitely look much better with some bare hands, like I gave my Snake Eyes V2...

111snakeeyescl2.png

Wow, I love Hawk!!! . . . ok, pretty much only Hawk.

I got to agree with you here. I am also kind of bummed they "redo" two issues with the 25th twist. We got three packs of two of these a few years ago. I'd like to see other issues. But hey, I'll get 'em.

What a pile of shite.

But, well... the Star Wars comic packs started out just like this. But it grew to be a great line.

Yes... we can expect these first 2 packs to be silly repaints with only one or two interesting figs (like Hawk). And then I'm sure we'll start getting the real deal.

I'll be getting Hawk...and I love the fact that they gave Duke a backpack (even if it is just Gung Ho's) and his Card art gun, but that Green is killing me. I hope it gets toned down before these hit.

I like the all but the Duke/CC pack...I suffered through the Star Wars wave 1 of comic packs, it was worth it.

I prefer the less embellished SS, no gold braid..very Vintage-esque..I'll have to replace his gear with Black gear though.

Are we sure these are Comic packs and not CARTOON packs? The Blue Snake Eyes and the Snow Job rifle are very Cartoon-ish.

I'll take V1 Hawk any way I can get him. The original 13 customs will be that much easier to pull off now.

If anybody has any clues as to what Wave 2 is let me know.

Mr. Terrific..if all you want is CC...PM me...for the price of a stamp/envelope, I'll send you one of the ones that came with extra Cobra 5 packs.

Hawk looks decent, but that helmet looks ridiculous. Scarlett looks pretty much exactly the same, as does Cobra Commander and Storm Shadow. I don't have Duke yet, so he might be the same way.

I like that mold of Snake Eyes, and even though Storm Shadow looks the same as the one I've got, I still like the solid white uniform without the extra touches of color. It would have been cool to see him exactly as he first appeared, with the long sleeves and no Cobra insignia, but people might not recognize him that way, anyway.

I'll definitely grab one or two of the SS/SE pack, as well as at least one each of the other two.

As it was said a few times above, the first wave of the SW comic packs were lack luster at best. But this way gives us a chance at some characters (Kamakura, Wraith, Billy, October Guard etc..) that we most likely wouldn't have seen - although they should have throw in the red ninja instead of SS with SE. We could have another character in Wave 2 and still got the Red Ninja - which is comic accurate.

This will also give the chance to get a blue costumed Baroness and maybe more of the comic accurate red scarf troopers. And now that I think of it, aside from the Stinger Driver, the 2nd Cobra-5 pack seems to fit in better with the Comic 2 packs.

Oh, and VH. How hard was it to pop off the hands of the 25th figures. I've given some gentle tugs out of curiosity - but they seem to be firmly attached.

I understand the need for "core characters", but didn't the apply more towards G.I. Joe when it was geared more towards kids? I'm not saying the 25th line isn't for kids. I'm just saying that is it is significantly geared towards collectors.

I mean do we NEED Snake Eyes vs Storm Shadow AGAIN and Duke vs Cobra Commander AGAIN? They couldn't throw in Kamakura or Jinx vs Storm Shadow, for example?

Or, if they INSIST on reusing molds, how about GRUNT vs Cobra Commander or NINJA VIPER vs Snake Eyes?

As it was said a few times above, the first wave of the SW comic packs were lack luster at best. But this way gives us a chance at some characters (Kamakura, Wraith, Billy, October Guard etc..) that we most likely wouldn't have seen - although they should have throw in the red ninja instead of SS with SE. We could have another character in Wave 2 and still got the Red Ninja - which is comic accurate.

This will also give the chance to get a blue costumed Baroness and maybe more of the comic accurate red scarf troopers. And now that I think of it, aside from the Stinger Driver, the 2nd Cobra-5 pack seems to fit in better with the Comic 2 packs.

Oh, and VH. How hard was it to pop off the hands of the 25th figures. I've given some gentle tugs out of curiosity - but they seem to be firmly attached.

Then why the hell aren't we GETTING Kamakura, Wraith, Billy, Oktober Guard, etc.?

Why is Hawk the "most popular" here, HE'S NEW.