Owen Wilson Suicide Attempt?

MaceWinduPreview

http://news.aol.com/entertainment/movies/s...827073109990001

Rumors Fly About Owen Wilson's Health

AOL

Posted: 2007-08-27 08:31:05

Filed Under: Celebrity News, Star Scandals, Movie News

(Aug. 27) - Owen Wilson , the blonde-haired star of "Wedding Crashers" was reportedly rushed to the hospital on Aug. 26 for unspecified reasons, though the tabloid National Enquirer reports that it was due to a suicide attempt.

PEOPLE has confirmed that ambulances rushed to Wilson's house shortly after Noon on Sunday, and Wilson's parents and brothers, including actor Luke Wilson , were seen at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center.

Photo Gallery: Owen Wilson Hospitalized

George Pimentel, WireImage.com The reason why actor Owen Wilson was rushed to the hospital on Aug. 26 has yet to be confirmed, but some media reports claim it's due to a suicide attempt.

1 of 5

Wilson's rep has not responded to requests for comment regarding the cause of the incident or the condition of Wilson. The Enquirer goes on to claim that Wilson "sliced his left wrists and took an indeterminate amount of pills."

The National Enquirer claims that Wilson was rushed to the hospital due to a suicide attempt. Enquirer editor-in-chief David Perel tells blogger Perez Hilton that Wilson's "wrists were slashed superficially and Owen had taken an overdose of pills." Perel goes on to say that Wilson "was found with a nearly empty bottle of pills next to him. He was at his house in Santa Monica."

Wilson's next movie, "The Darjeeling Limited," is set to open on Sept. 29. Wilson co-stars with Oscar winner Adrien Brody and Jason Schwartzman in the Wes Anderson directed comedy.

Yeesh... that's sad and yet so stupid. Hope he's ok!

This statement was just released a shot while ago:

Actor OWEN WILSON has released a statement asking for privacy after he was hospitalised on Sunday (26Aug07).

The 38-year-old star was taken by ambulance from his home in Santa Monica, California to the emergency room at Los Angeles' St. John's Hospital at midday on Sunday (26Aug07).

The National Enquirer and Star magazine are reporting that Wilson tried to kill himself. Sources tell the magazines he cut his wrists and took a number of pills - and was discovered by a family member, who alerted authorities. But Wilson makes no mention of the controversy in his statement, released minutes ago.

He says, "I respectfully ask that the media allow me to receive care and heal in private during this difficult time."

The actor's family was seen at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, where Wilson was reportedly transfered to, on Sunday night. A hospital spokesman reports Wilson is in a "good condition".

I hope he didn't try to take himself out. That's really a sad cry for help if he did. Those tabloids are always full of BS. It's hard to know what the truth is unless he comes out and gives it to us.

Latest news to come over the wire.

POLICE REPORT CONFIRMS WILSON ATTEMPTED SUICIDE

LATEST: Los Angeles police have confirmed actor OWEN WILSON did try to kill himself at his Californian home on Sunday (26Aug07).

The 38-year-old was taken by ambulance from his Santa Monica property to the emergency room at the nearby St. John's Hospital at midday on Sunday. Reports immediately began circulating that Wilson had cut his wrists and taken pills in an attempt to end his life. He was reportedly found found by big brother Andrew, who called the authorities.

And now the Santa Monica Police Department's Calls For Service report - obtained by U.S. news show Extra - lists the reason for the emergency 911 call to Wilson's address as an "attempted suicide".

The phone call was received by authorities at 12.08pm on Sunday and "cleared" nearly five hours later at 5.07pm.

Wilson made no mention of the controversy in a statement he released on Monday (27Aug07): "I respectfully ask that the media allow me to receive care and heal in private during this difficult time."

The actor's family was seen at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, where he was reportedly transferred to, on Sunday night. A hospital spokesman reported Wilson to be in a "good condition" on Monday.

I guess he's not as happy as he always seems... hopefully he's doing better!

Rumor on the radio (Q101 in Chicago) is that his (ex)girlfriend Kate Hudson was seen making out with the no talent hack, Dax Shepard in public and he got wind of it.

By the sound of it,she's the big loser here.Owen Wilson is such a cool guy,he can do better,and will.

It's hard to see when it's all taken away though.When you lose love,you feel as if you've lost everything important,which simply isn't true.No one has any idea what's around the corner(including me,i need to take my own advice).

They weren't dating anymore, what would be the big deal? He seems better than that, to go off and try and kill himself!

They weren't dating anymore, what would be the big deal? He seems better than that, to go off and try and kill himself!

He does,BUT...

that does'nt necessarily mean that he did'nt love her anymore.It's easy to let jealousy throw you over the edge.

There is never a reason to off yourself,but can you give me any other reason a rich,well loved movie star would try to kill himself other than the recent ex that's allegedly throwing herself around in public?

Just b/c she has moved on, doesn't mean she's throwing herself around... but anyway, that's besides the point. :)

In my, albeit limited, experience with celebrities I've found that they often have very extreme personalities. In Owen's case I'm betting that he's got a bad bipolar problem. He seems so energetic and full of life and fun when he's acting or having a good day, but when he's having a bad day he's probably prone to deep depression. I've known several people very similar to him.

Another factor is that famous actors, well most any famous person really, has a big crowd of people constantly around them telling them they're great, talented, wonderful, and so on. It starts to mean less and less as time goes on. The other drawback of that is in the case of someone like Britney Spears - their behavior gets completely out of control because no one criticizes their behavior. If someone told Britney that she shouldn't do something, she'd just fire them and hire someone that won't say anything other than Brit's doing a great job. That's the power celebrities have - they can surround themselves with "yes-men" as much as they want.

Sorry that I got a little tangental there.

Hope the mans alright...

Exactly my point. I don't think she has anythign to do with it! I'm sure it's happened before, seeing an ex kiss another. It's obviously GOING to happen, if you break up with someone, they'll move on! :unsure: