icons vs six inch

drzenith

well theres really no question that hasbro has done a better job with the icons then they have with the legends, only real problem is icons get released at a much slower rate and have a high price. but other then that i prefer the icons, i just wish toybiz would've started the line sooner so we could've gotten more out of them

The Icons are cool and improving rapidly. The Phoenix and Colossus ones just previewed had me salivating. But at $20+ a pop, I think I'll stay with the regular series and give my wallet a break.

With HB using Icons molds for regular Legends, hopefully we'll see a regular Legends Dark Phoenix next summer!!

Which Marvel Legends do you prefer:

Icons or Regular?

Do you buy only one or both?

I guess I am a casual Icons collector and a regular Regular collector.

I for one really don't see a point in collection the icons, I just don't have the room. I am paying a bit of attention to them, though, as I am almost positive that some of the icon sculpts will be exactly what we see in upcoming Marvel Legends. Particularly Punisher, Dr. Doom, Astonishing Cyclops, Human Torch, Silver Surfer.... Sculpters usually sculpt figures on a larger scale to get the details down and then they are scaled down during production and we already knowthe aformentioned characters are coming out in the next year...

I'm a fan of the miniature aspect of figures...the smaller they can make good representations of these characters, the more interesting I find it. The larger they get, the less impressive it is, because it's less difficult to squeeze in all that detail when the canvas is larger.

Even if I was interested in Icons, the high price, lack of availability and space requirements would all be off-putting.

i collected 6" 1st...

but im a completist...

so i stop the 6" coz very hard to find the old series...

n consentrate on icons!

for me...

6" is nice to play with!

coz small n can bring it everywhere easily...

no big space required!

but 12" give me the satisfaction feeling when i hold n play with it!

both got pro n contra!

@hmmm@

Hasbro Legends aren't Marvel Legends; they're foreign bootlegs of Marvel Legends.

And most of the Icons look ridiculous. It's like everything either company ever did wrong, smashed into a 12" figure (pretty much an 11" figure with a huge neck).

So I will buy neither. Marvel sucks, bring on figures of transsexual athletes who are also lead singer of their band.

Then why are you here? Go talk about barbies or something.

No interest in Icons because no shelf space for them. Besides, if I have the Thor icon and see that he is about as tall as the other Icons, it makes me think they are not done to scale. The Hulk is another undersized Legends Icon too. Are they not supposed to be 1/6 scale?

I don't get why people gripe about the price. Icons are twice as big (at least) than the 6" and they cost twice as much...makes sense to me. Do I think they are worth $20? Maybe, maybe not. But I know the 6" MLs sure aren't worth $10.

Also, the DCSH 12" equivalents have been $30 the whole time that TB was charging $15 and Hasbro was charging $20, so it could be worse.

I like the Icons a lot. I'm really looking forward to the X-Men ones coming out next year.

If I had to pick though, I'd pick Marvel Legends.

i don't collect icons mainly because they're not in scale with each other. not that all 6" mls are, but they flow better scalewise than icons. i've also amassed so many 6" figures that i really don't feel like getting into another line that might end up getting discontinued.

I might grab Magneto. That's about it. I don't have many 12 inch figures. I think I have two. And they aren't even Marvel.

I guess the scale plays a vital role as well.

Look at Punisher Icon, that was ridiculously too big. I reckon size does matter. A character should be portrayed correctly with the height.

For six inch, it is not quite obvious but still needs improvement as well.