Piper Pics Up!

cmderinchief

Whoa . . . um, yea. DTC body, cheap Italian restaurant tablecloth kilt, weird thigh/boot thing, strange jacket. Not too sure there is anything I really like about this figure. If it was RAH maybe I could roll with it, but no matter how much I try I cannot find anything good about it.

Strange. I actually seem to like it. The Destro logo is hard to see on his shirt, and I don't think the Serpy helmet will fit his noggin, and yeah the black from the boot showing up in the middle of his leg is a bit off, but I could work with this. He looks a lot better with his jacket and kilt on than without them, though. If I could buy one, I would. So, if anyone going to the Con that doesn't want one for themselves, maybe you could pick one up for me.

Like blackdragon said "The black serpentor helmet is a little strange though" why? you know it's not gonna fit. I'm not too crazy about it, but I collect G.I.Joe so I'll get one just to have it MOC on my wall like everything else I have MOC. Plus I gotta support the GIJoeCollectorsClub. ;)

Thus far, it overwhelmingly seems like a thumbs down from the group. If past history is anything, this is just a proof of concept shot so I expect changes will be made. Than again....maybe not. :D We were pestering Lanny on the GIJCC site to post something. I honestly did not expect to see anything until the end of the month at the earliest, so I was surpised. It is a little odd with the Serpy helmet. I totally forgot about that. They did not go too far to find the tools to make it. 90+% of the figure elements came from that DD "Fans Choice" Comic Pack. I still don't know what the head sculpt is. I am not a customizer nor do I have a database of Joe part memory, so maybe someone more knowledgeable can point that out for me.

Oh well, I appreciate the effort, so I will get a couple. One to open and one for Hot Rod to sign. I am sure these will be $30 or more a pop.

@loll@

That actually came out pretty cool! The head sculpt on it is fantastic, and not that it looks exactly like Piper, but it's just a neat looking face for a action figure...G.I.Joe in particular. Looks better than some of this crap they're chiseling out for the 25th line. He has an O-ring also, so that's a major plus. :)

Don't like the arm selection very much, would have been better bare armed, but it's still a pretty coolass figure.