VALIANT CHARACTERS

drzenith

what if the Legendary Comic Book Heroes acquire the rights to produce the figs?

Characters like Solar, Magnus, Rai, Rai 2, Bloodshot, X-O Manowar, Ninjak, Eternal Warrior, Geomancer, Turok, Harbinger.

I think they would still sell.

But the question is do people still remember them?

The younglings probably don't know who they are.

If you do then it reminds you one thing. We are getting old.

Well, Valiant was a major 90's property much as Image (and I have all of the cross-company crossovers) - so you wouldn't have to be THAT old to remember them. Valiant was founded in '89, started pushing out comics in 1990, and ended before the decade was over. I collected Magnus Robot Fighter, Bloodshot, Ninjak, Armorines, XO, Turok, and a couple others. I would love to see these figures make it into plastic form.

yep, I collected some of them myself.

Hard Corps

RAI

Bloodshot

Ninjak

Turok

I welcome figures of them and many more Valiant characters

actually the power struggle begin with Jim Shooter and Voyager communications. It was a question who owns who and in which direction to go.

Jim Shooter left and Valiant experience a temporary rise to power even without him.

But with no direction like Shooter it failed to capitalize the declining comic book market.

It end up with lose-lose situation for both parties. Shooter didn't make the same success with his defiant line, while Valiant was sold to Acclaim comics.

Realism was the key to their success, but Acclaim reversed the method that put the Valiant universe to the grave.

Now another company bought back the rights and seemed to be bringing Shooter back to the fold. The Honeymoon was over and I guess the divorse was refutted.

I guess the title should be "I KNOW PRONOUNCE YOU JIM AND VALIANT."

• 3 weeks later...

Marvel Toys likely wont't touch Valiant because of Jim Shooter. He founded Valiant after Marvel editors fired him to hide their own mistakes running the company. He was their scapegoat and to this day the industry uses him as their punching bag. Not to mentiont he ownership rights to the characters seem to be a mess(it's no wonder the rights to the library sold cheap- with some stuff going back to Gold Key it nixes a lot of reprint opportinities- can't reprint all of Shadowman if a Gold Key character pops up).

Not like you can't get a lot of those books cheap. I own nearly the V1 Shadowan run plus some variants... spent about $25 total and that included duplicate copies. I think I'm 6 books shy of the full run.

I'd settle for NECA giving us stuff from the Shadowman and Turok games. Probably the best to hope for assuming Acclaim is easy on game rights and such(hmm, do they still own the games themselves?)

I would love a Solar figure and the variant could be the universe looking Solar from the four part mini series put out by Acclaim.I'd also really love an X-O Manowar figure.I thought Valiant was awesome back in the day and still do. I don't know why DC or Marvel don't snatch up the core characters and introduce them in their own universes.

I would love to see them do Valiant and Defiant comics characters.

With a Jim Shooter BAF ( He'd be Sentinel/Galactus sized.)

But marvel owns the rights to the Beyonder.... (secret wars 2)

the unfortunate thing is that some of those characters are currently licensed (supposedly) to shocker toys for their indie no-show, i mean spotlight line. i know they have said they have solar and magnus...but then again, if shocker were to be believed, i'd have had oderus urungus in my hands two years ago. but i would totally love to see them in lcbh, those that aren't already spoken for elsewhere. and howzabout some love for the ultraverse characters? i know most of them weren't really origial concepts, but the look was certainly distinctive and would "pop" on the pegs. i wants me a prime!

i always liked

-xo manowar

-magnus robot fighter-solar

-rai

-harbinger

I'm already working on a solar....Actually that body is no good for that....What I do need is this cyclops head that's coming out....

Good luck, friend.

Hope you could make a good Solar figs and show it to us Valiant fans.

I am not really into customizing, but I did saw someone able to use Cyclops as a base figure. Tweak a thing or two for the hands and feet, since Solar has nothing except pajamas on. then viola Solar Man of the Atom.