Marvel Girl

synch

It never ceases to amaze me how overly critical of Hasbro everyone is. I think I like ML better since Hasbro took over. No more crappy paint washes that make the figures look dirty, more modern characters and uniforms, better overall quality. Honestly I think you guys are just afraid of change.

I am not a MOC collector at all and don't typically care for variants of any kind so this variant (facing front or back) has no interest for me. But i do think it is a pretty cool move on hasbro's part making the backwards variant. It gives something to those that enjoy searching for those nearly impossible to find figures and since it is not a different figure at all from the regular variant, if you don't care to get it you are not missing out on anything. Plus the tatoo on her back looks super cool anyway. I say way to go Hasbro. Keep up the good work.

personally i don't really care for this variant. i'll get the regular variant alright becuase is sounds like it'll be alot cheaper. personally i don't think packaging variant and running paint changes (ie Planet Hulk) should be countd as varaint but the actual figure. then again it might be because i alway open the figures.

It never ceases to amaze me how overly critical of Hasbro everyone is. I think I like ML better since Hasbro took over. No more crappy paint washes that make the figures look dirty, more modern characters and uniforms, better overall quality. Honestly I think you guys are just afraid of change.

I am not a MOC collector at all and don't typically care for variants of any kind so this variant (facing front or back) has no interest for me. But i do think it is a pretty cool move on hasbro's part making the backwards variant. It gives something to those that enjoy searching for those nearly impossible to find figures and since it is not a different figure at all from the regular variant, if you don't care to get it you are not missing out on anything. Plus the tatoo on her back looks super cool anyway. I say way to go Hasbro. Keep up the good work.

Point taken. Although this thread has been pretty tame by the standards around here...there hasn't been much bashing at all in this particular thread.

What never ceases to amaze ME is how people love to bash ToyBiz for their poor quality, poor distribution, over-articulation, over-washing, etc. and yet consider themselves collectors of the line. If the figures blew as bad as some people around here claim, how did they get so popular??? @hmmm@

I have learned the wonders of bathing with a cloth and washing the hair before having the bath...:)

Are you refearing to this cover uncanny468.jpg

guys this is why hasbro is doing it like this!

I hate it tho that these toy companies dangle this stuff in front of us collectors and then don't deliver. When ML went to Hasbro I thought it would be different, but it is the same b.s. I went through hell just to get all the variant from the last Toybiz series(modok). I just wish someone in marketing at Hasbro will look at these postings and learn something from them. Like us collectors will get all of the BAF if they are easy to obtain. And we love variants, but we shouldn't have to go through hell to complete our collection. Whoosh. Sorry aboot the rant ;^)

The reason is that they all don't blow. Some of them are characters we have grown up with and to get them and pose them is awesome. That is why there is so much verbage of this line. I know I have no plans on stopping even tho my wallet is suffering.

(I don't know if verbage is a word, but I like it)

It will be the more sought after not because there is only 500 but because it is the best version...with that ugly face facing the back and not visible.
@loll@ You beat me to it, although I think the regular variant fixes the problem enough. Like the transparent face on Diamond Emma, this Marvel Girl's ugly features are hardly recogonizable.

I hate it tho that these toy companies dangle this stuff in front of us collectors and then don't deliver. When ML went to Hasbro I thought it would be different, but it is the same b.s. I went through hell just to get all the variant from the last Toybiz series(modok). I just wish someone in marketing at Hasbro will look at these postings and learn something from them. Like us collectors will get all of the BAF if they are easy to obtain. And we love variants, but we shouldn't have to go through hell to complete our collection. Whoosh. Sorry aboot the rant ;^)

This type of variant is not a problem though because its only a packaging variant.... Only really usefull for those guys out there like me who collect misb! The regular variant of this version will be as easy to find as all the other variants ?are? :P What I am saying is that... it could be worse & this limited to 500 version could be a all new character rather than just a repackaged version of a variant figure :D

Variants like this I do not mind so much... The toybiz ones who did all new characters though drove me freakn nuts!