Marvel Girl

synch

Sooooo... Anyone care to guess how much this will run for on ebay?.. Most people seem hate the figure but limited to 500 is limited to 500... I am betting this is another one that will never see the light of day in my collection just because it will be so hard to get !

Sooooo... Anyone care to guess how much this will run for on ebay?.. Most people seem hate the figure but limited to 500 is limited to 500... I am betting this is another one that will never see the light of day in my collection just because it will be so hard to get !

I thought it was only the one showing her back that was limited to 500 figures? ( I'm far from sure of that though)

Allow me to reiterate for you... Marvel Girl, Black with back facing outward is limited to 500...

It's a package variant of a variant figure

Here's the full scoop, per the Q&A at SDCC http://enewsi.com/news.php?catid=261&itemid=11510

There will be regular

Marvel Girl:

Marvel_Girl_1__scaled_600.jpg

Marvel Girl Variant:

228.jpg

Marvel Girl Package Variant (Limited to 500):

229.jpg

What I'd like to know is how many of the others are being released (as a point of reference, base for comparison)

that is too funny, put here backwards, oh god a variant! give me a f'n break hasbro! why don't you fix the face sculpt on the regular version before doing stupid sh*t like this!

what's next upside down hydra soldier variant!!!!!!!!

Quick question. I know Marvel Girl (Rachel Summers back then) Was colored black when she wore that red spike covered outfit in Excalibur circa 1990. But was she ever colored back while wearing her current getup? This may be a stupid question and maybe she is just "black" when she powers on or something. I'm not a fan of the character and know very little about after her aside from her origin until the early 90's.

Quick question. I know Marvel Girl (Rachel Summers back then) Was colored black when she wore that red spike covered outfit in Excalibur circa 1990. But was she ever colored back while wearing her current getup? This may be a stupid question and maybe she is just "black" when she powers on or something. I'm not a fan of the character and know very little about after her aside from her origin until the early 90's.

Her powers have changed over the years. She is indeed black when she's powered up. It's a change that has occured in the last efw years.

since none of you care for it then if you find one ill take it off of ur hands lol

Oh right my bad! I thought that the black one turned around was the main chase I forgot it had a regular version as well @loll@ & the reason why hasbro did this guys is because its based on the comic cover art & comic when it happened :) Granted they could have gone a bit out of there way though & give it different packaging & make it look like a comic book or some such... but that would be far too much work for them :P

I'm sure there will be idiots all too happy to pay over $100 for this one since Hasbro actually verified how many there'd be. I wonder if anyone not in the know will accidentally open one? That would crack me up.

It will happen there will be people like the guy below who will go out of there way to do it too! I bet we will see repacked stuff pop up on ebay of people making there own too or something lol!

since none of you care for it then if you find one ill take it off of ur hands lol

<--- I'm with JJ on this one anyone finds one or extras put us down :D Heck I still need the stupid impossible to find "series 2" -->chases HEH! S2 is hard enough to find by it self let alone the chases for it!

I will be happy if I find either one... and I will open it.

<--- please don't send one to this guy... @loll@ Sure it will be funny to see ( & I shall laugh with the rest of you) some joker opening one up on youtube or something but also annoying too for those who wouldn't mind having one @loll@ Heck 2 bits says someone finds one and lights it on fire and sticks it on youtube :S

WTF!!! So hasbro makes an error on the packaging and all the sudden it's a variant. Very stupid.

It's not an error, errors don't have totally different molded plastic backings to hold the figure in a different direction. They just thought it would be something cool to do....and I guess for the people that are into MISB they'd kinda dig this.

WTF!!! So hasbro makes an error on the packaging and all the sudden it's a variant. Very stupid.

It's not an error, errors don't have totally different molded plastic backings to hold the figure in a different direction. They just thought it would be something cool to do....and I guess for the people that are into MISB they'd kinda dig this.

Exactly. I'll get one eventually

Well if series 3 follows what's happening with series 2, I have to wonder if these will even make it out anywhere. Hardly any variants period are getting out there.

Or will all 500 packaging variants make it to Australia only. :)

It will be the more sought after not because there is only 500 but because it is the best version...with that ugly face facing the back and not visible.

On a side note, I can't remember a figure from a mass-produced line ever being available to the public (outside of a Con) in such a limited quantity. Very unusual move by Hasbro.

On a side note, I can't remember a figure from a mass-produced line ever being available to the public (outside of a Con) in such a limited quantity. Very unusual move by Hasbro.

It's just a packaging difference so I'm not sure the low number of units really count. I mean its the same figure that will be made and sold in the 100,000's.....just facing a different direction.

It's just a packaging difference so I'm not sure the low number of units really count. I mean its the same figure that will be made and sold in the 100,000's.....just facing a different direction.

Right, but a variant is a variant, afterall, especially when crazy completists are involved. They went to the trouble to do different packaging and announce the number, all on purpose. So I guess that counts in my book. I mean, look how some people went crazy getting both Ultimate Iron Man versions (with and without helmet on) and I don't think they even did that one on purpose.

Right, but a variant is a variant, afterall, especially when crazy completists are involved. They went to the trouble to do different packaging and announce the number, all on purpose. So I guess that counts in my book. I mean, look how some people went crazy getting both Ultimate Iron Man versions (with and without helmet on) and I don't think they even did that one on purpose.

Point taken. :P

Well of course they did. I know they didn't do that Ultimate Iron Man package variant on accident because all of the cases of hml1 had 1 Ultimate Iron Man helmet on in package and 1 Ultimate Iron Man helmet off in package. I saw about 4 cases get opened right when they first came out. If it was a mistake or a running change, they would have released them one way for a period and then the other way for a period, like the Silver / Green armed Hulk figures, but if it wasn't intentional they wouldn't have packed them together evenly from the get go, imo.