Would you buy Marvel figures made in the GI Joe sigma Six style?

dollman ron

As Clam already so candidly put it, Hasbro is already making S6-styled marvel figures...they're called Marvel Legends.

Granted, they're still utilizing some of ToyBiz's revolutionary articulation on a few of their offerings. However, by and large, we're seeing the line drift (construction-wise and appearance-wise) from a detailed-sculpted, highly-poseable, collector-oriented action-figure line toward a soft-sculpted, cartoonized, moderately-articulated, more Playskool-ish toyline.

My vote is "No."

This thread really should have a polling feature, BTW...

Though I have s6 figures (kinda wish I didn't get sucked into it now...) I would not buy ML figures in that style or size! I am already collecting one line in one size & I am collecting the icons in there size as well quite frankly there is no room for any thing else...

aside from SHS there just so damned cute :D

:P

No, it's ugly! If they do, like I see in the new FF series and Hulk waves with the horrible looking knees (see Namor, S Storm and R Richards), I'm totally switching to the other product from Marvel Toys and DC Direct at least they're less cartoony and serious about giving what the fans want!

Granted, they're still utilizing some of ToyBiz's revolutionary articulation on a few of their offerings. However, by and large, we're seeing the line drift (construction-wise and appearance-wise) from a detailed-sculpted, highly-poseable, collector-oriented action-figure line toward a soft-sculpted, cartoonized, moderately-articulated, more Playskool-ish toyline.
You hit the nail on the head.

They already make this, pretty much. Take a look at Unleashed 360 Spiderman and tell me that he's not Sigma 6 style. He's 8". And more of those are coming - to warm pegs, it sounds like. Maybe the kids will like em.

They actually cost a bit more than the Sigma 6, at 20 bucks instead of 10 or 15. He has double articulated elbows, but so do a few of the Sigma 6 guys.

He doesn't come with a huge gun, but he has a big base.

And like Sigma 6 guys, he can't look up! Super-articulated? Hardly! Maybe by 1997 standards...

Also like Sigma 6, he features only basic paint apps, with no washes or drybrushing, which gives the figure a very flat animated quality.

I know, he's not exactly Sigma 6. But real close.