Hi-Res Carded & Loose Marvel Legends Series 3 Images

The Wire

I'm Probably the minority here but I love the Rachel Figure. I think she looks perfect.

beside her hair being too red ( it should be a bit more orange) ya she perfect. it look like the art she is based on.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care who's side your on, nobody here deserves any explanation as to why anything sucks. If you want to write a 5000 word essay about a plastic piece of crap then that's your choice - knock yourself out kiddos. As for me, I'm placing this megalithic failure of a Marvel toy line on my list of figures to avoid, and if you need somebody to interpret what that ment, then let me help you, what it means is that this series like series 1 and 2, sucks major @$$...nuff said.

I don't care who's side your on, nobody here deserves any explanation as to why anything sucks. If you want to write a 5000 word essay about a plastic piece of crap then that's your choice - knock yourself out kiddos. As for me, I'm placing this megalithic failure of a Marvel toy line on my list of figures to avoid, and if you need somebody to interpret what that ment, then let me help you, what it means is that this series like series 1 and 2, sucks major @$$...nuff said.

@loll@ see that a knee jerk reaction. you have no explaination so you just attack those who ask for the reason you hate it.

And just why does anyone have to answer to you...who are you and what do you do that makes you all that important anyway? I wouldn't give two cents to get your's or anybody's input on what they think looks good and what doesn't...seriously, give it a rest.

And just why does anyone have to answer to you...who are you and what do you do that makes you all that important anyway? I wouldn't give two cents to get your's or anybody's input on what they think looks good and what doesn't...seriously give it a rest.

ya real mature. :rolleyes:

And just why does anyone have to answer to you...who are you and what do you do that makes you all that important anyway? I wouldn't give two cents to get your's or anybody's input on what they think looks good and what doesn't...seriously, give it a rest.

See, he was just inquiring why you hate them so much. He wasn't saying he was all important or anything like that.

It's this "I don't have to prove myself to you" attitude that makes Hasbro "haters" SO obnoxious. It's a forum, and we're all here to discuss our opinions and give our input on figures. If you state your opinion over and over without backing it up, you can expect to be questioned on it.

I was gonna say, you don't have to write an essay just to say why they suck. It could be along the lines of Capt.America's face looks too cartoony. A sentence, see? :P

I'm Probably the minority here but I love the Rachel Figure. I think she looks perfect.

Seems you are. For my part I don't think she's all that bad and MIGHT get her. :)

Im confused about the variants?

Is Rachel Gray coming out with two different variants?

Or is that black one shown a prototype?

Or is it just one figure with a packaging variant showing off her tat?

Im confused about the variants?

Is Rachel Gray coming out with two different variants?

Or is that black one shown a prototype?

Or is it just one figure with a packaging variant showing off her tat?

I believe it's all of the above.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

the Hydra goon has an open mouth variant.

that ugly Ratchel figure has a black skinned variant.

the black skinned Ratchel variant has a packaging variant, where she will be packaged backwards, and only 500 will be released.

Black Knight--- when i first saw the Prototype, i taught something was wrong (no it was that he was missing his stupid horse) after seeing these pic I know what it was. his sword was silver. but i glad they recitfy that by making his sword ebony (or something close to it

Actually that sword is supposed to be silver.When he first began wearing this armor he had abandoned the ebony Blade. He began using the shield of night and Sword of light that the lady of the lake gave him. That sword he comes with is a perfect replica of the Sowrd of light. The ebony blade is a different design. So that sword should be silver.

i thought there were suppose to be 8 figures total in this wave. what happened to the AXM cyclops and danger figures? and i just want to know if the variants of these figures will actually be here in the states and not available mostly in other countries.

The only figures in this wave that I'm getting are Black Knight, while I woulda prefered the classic version, this one is good too, plus it's another Avenger. And I'm getting around 6-8 Hydra grunts! The BAF Brood Queen is cool, but just not a must have character for me. Also, she's more long than tall in the comics, so the size they made her in is just right.

Maybe they knocked this wave down to 6 figures cuz Cyke & Dnager are not in the pics?

Black Knight is okay. Collosus has a nice sculpt but is also a movie figure. Cap and Bucky are SO cartoony they look kind of cheesey. I get that they're supposed to look like the comics but this is just overkill. And then we come to Rachel. Poor Rachel. Why do they always have to ruin the X-figures? Like Emma, Banshee, and Quicksilver, I wanted her the most. Terrible face sculpt. Ugly Hasbro knees. All together way too cartoony. I suppose I should be happy they didn't mold her in that morbid flesh-colored plastic they used on the others, but then again they didn't attempt to give her any skin-tones either. And yes, her hair IS too red.

If it's First Appearance Cap, then it makes perfect sense for him to reflect the First Appearance art style, so I think the facial expression is dead-on. Kirby always drew angry-looking characters with mouths full of gritted, enormous teeth. Until I see it in person, I won't know if the sculpt is detailed enough to really look "human," but it definitely does reflect Kirby's style.

As for the BAF...meh. I'm not opposed to a Brood Queen, but I think it should've been lower on the priority list. And yes, it seems rather small, and the Brood Queen (as I recall) was relatively large, or at least larger than people. On the bright side, any army-builders out there can pair her up with the Marvel Select Brood soldier.

Final thoughts:

1. Love the Hyrda soldier. They'll look good alongside Face-Off Baron von Strucker.

2. I would've preferred the classic Black Knight costume, with a repack of Hawkeye's mechanical horse (which was given to him by BK). Otherwise, looks fine.

4. No major beef with Danger and Bucky.

5. Colossus is fine if they must insist on another movie figure (though why is he armored up in only 1 out of 5 photos on the package?)

6. Astonishing Cyclops is unexciting, but I guess they're trying to complete the team (calling Beast, calling Beast...)

7. Marvel Girl - will be skipping.

OH! To all those people who complain about hand articulation, did anyone notice it on these?? @smilepunch@

HUH? what hand articulation????

Bucky has it because he is a reuse of the Patriot body from the Young Avengers boxset.

Colossus has it on one hand.... I didn't see anybody else with hand articulation

Cyclops too! #US1#

Cyclops--- Im probally the only one who think that this Cyclops looks ten time better then the one we got in Series 10. i mean it looks alot more moveable then Series 10's one.

Danger---- ironic the one with the wing is the character who has wings. i really like this one as it looks really detailed.

Everything does, to me, look improved in quality. The problem I have is that half the wave I have no interest in what so ever…not that it’s made poorly…just that the character choices I find very…questionable. It’s just a very unexciting wave over all based on characters alone…and I’m sorry but I’ve never understood the collector mentality…I’m not buying a character I hate even if the figure is good!!! So I’ll be picking up First Appearance Capt. America and Bucky, Black Knight, and as many Hydra Agents as I can get my hands on. Thank GOD this series doesn’t include a BAF I care about…cause I really don’t want to buy Rachel, Modern Cyclops, Danger, and a movie figure.

I added images of Cyclops and Danger which were missing.

Thanks for the added pics Jay.

I was thinking about getting Cyclops and Marvel Girl, but man I'm just not feel the sculpts and Rachel just doesn't mean enough to me to warrant getting a figure that I don't really like all that much. Cyclops is also a meh and this verision of him isn't really important to me other than the fact that its a Xmen figure. Yeah I think it's a pass on HML3. *sigh* @hmmm@