What is everyone most excited about...

Nguyen_Dragon

now that we seen and heard some of the future releases... rumors too... here is my top five...

1. MP Grimlock

2. New Animated toys

3. Classic line continues

4. Transformer the Movie DVD extra

5. No official word on the Binaltech line being discontinued (I may be wrong on this one)

I agree with your list except the Animated toys. Those are just too goofy looking for me.

I agree with your list except the Animated toys. Those are just too goofy looking for me.

I'm really warming up to the Animated series and toys. By the time they hit, I'm going to be fully on board.

Sure, they look a little different, but different can be good sometimes.

I wouldn't be too excited about the classics line guys! Remember the seekers who knows what else the CC could screw us out of next! STill I must admit despite that I am eager to see what they put out heh!

I'm not looking forward to the animated toys. That is one instance where show-accuracy should have been ditched. Soundwave with a guitar also reeks of "lame 80s garbage". The fact I want that Darth Vader Death Star SWTF more is an indication... for all the G1 stuff thrown into animated it's reeking of kiddie-ness and "we didn't wanna spend too much to animate this piece of crap". Looks like those Penny Arcade guys drew it(and I silently suspect it'll be about as boring). It'll be as bad as AEC was.

Classics continuing? Yes. So much for "movie designs are REEEULISSTIK and old designs suck".

Leader Brawl. It's gonna be a long wait until October!

The new movie and Classic toys in 2008.

MP-SS. That's a no-brainer right there.

The last Titaniums....that is, if they ever do come out.

Death Star.

I am most certainly NOT looking forward to the new animated show. Believe me people I've TRIED to see what people like about it and I just can't! But as I've said, it will be the long break my wallet has so desperately needed.

transformers movie toy repaints ( ss, jazz, ratchet)

masterpeice s.s.

movie to be released on dvd

im so glued to the alt and binaltechs that i actually considered selling my g1 collection to afford the ones i missed ( rodimus, wheeljack, mirage, silverstreak, decpticharge )

transformers movie toy repaints ( ss, jazz, ratchet)

masterpeice s.s.

movie to be released on dvd

im so glued to the alt and binaltechs that i actually considered selling my g1 collection to afford the ones i missed ( rodimus, wheeljack, mirage, silverstreak, decpticharge )

Alternator/Binaltech is my favorite line... I am happy that I got most of them the first time around... prices for them are outrageous on ebay and online stores... from the ones that you listed I dont blame you for considering selling off some of your stuff... Those are hard to get (I still dont have Decepticharge)...

I wish I could be more enthusiastic about a MP Grimlock but in all honesty, neither he or any of the other Dinobots have ever been favorites of mine.

I know I'm in an extreme minority here. I like Grimmy, don't get me wrong. In fact, Grimlock's New Brain is one of my all-time favorite g1 episodes. However, there's just too many candidates for the MP treatment that I'd rank ahead of Grimlock and I'd much rather see them done first.

Such as...

Galvatron

Ultra Magnus (either armor for the Prime repaint or all new with his armor)

Rodimus Prime

Soundwave with at least 2 cassettes.

Blaster with cassettes

Cyclonus

Scourge

I know the music label Soundwave probably makes getting a MP anytime soon not very likely but one can still hope. I'd love to have MP versions of ALL his cassettes too! If Takomy didn't do them all, I'm betting someone would.

Animated figures

Continuing Classics

Those are hyping me up the most. Especially the animated ones.

I'm toying with the notion of collecting the Encore series, so I'm kinda excited about that, and I'm interested to see where they go with the Masterpiece line. I so desperately want at least a Masterpiece Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime and/or Galvatron. *sigh* OOOH...I'd also like to see a 'toon accurate Masterpiece Ironhide as well. And I'm also excited about the movie accurate mini-busts; those are the only thing in my mind that can match the movie CGI models in terms of detailing, even though they don't transform obviously.

You guys would probably disown me if I told you how many Transformers I have left after my "purge". (lol) So it's like the field is wide open for me now...