25th Zartan

Nerd-Viper

Zartan being one of my favorite characters, I was disapointed to see that they had changed his outfit from the way he originally debuted in the 80's. I understand the outfit he wore was a little out there, and today it would look a little dated(midriff), but who's not to say the others outfits are the same?(Gung Ho's vest, Destro's bare chest)! Why did they change the outfit to something different when these are supposed to be the most iconic characters in their most recognizable costumes? I understand the 25th Zartan somewhat resembles the Devils Due one, but that to me is irrelevant. I like Zartan the way he was. Why the change? The only thing I can figure out now is that they wanted to use the color change plastic to throw us a bone. However, they half- assed it due to costs and decided to only make the face change colors, therefore they had to give Zartan long sleeves, and thus the costume change. Personally , I would have prefered him redone with his classic outfit, even if it meant having to do without the color change feature. My geek rant is done, I just wonder if anyone else felt the way I do.

Yeah, just something about the new version doesn't fit quite well with me, Its the whole package for me, the new costume, his face, and the fact that he doesn't come with the Chameleon swamp bike. Also its not the same art from before on the card due to the changes

i dunno. its not really that big of change imo. same as serpentor. they just made them look less. . . well. . 80s. i like him better as well as serpentor. he looks a little scarier imo. i like the devil's due looks because they look a little more modern (the smaller helmet on serpy and the shirt that zartan's wearing as opposed to a giant snake head and bare chest). i don't really think its that big a deal. but then again i never really liked zartan anyway. . .

I'm wondering if the changes made to Zartan and Serpentor are intended to represent DD looks in order to see if DD looking characters would be "accepted" in the line?

I mean two characters most "requested" are Zandar and Wraith, but if people will only accept the original look of Zandar, well...

But as for Zartan (and Zandar, as I mentioned him) was the way they had SLEEVES BUT NO SHIRTS. Zartan was a little better in that he had that removable chest thing, so he looked a little less dorky. This new version is an improvement that takes nothing away from the original.

I actually prefer the new look 100 times more than his old one. Don`t care for the headsculpt though (the nose looks like a penis to me) but the rest of the figure looks really cool! Will make excellent custom fodder for me due to his armored look. Serpentor on the other hand seems to fall a little short on that concept. I wish they had done a V1 or DD version, this mix doesnt really work to me.

Despite I prefer the revamp look more than the original, I think they are doing a v1 version of him and Serpentor. I mean that is what I have read on this forum when the sdcc pics are new and besides, the card deck of the 25th line has Zartan in both the new style and old style. As for Serpentor, the deck showed him in his original and new outfit, however, the art of him in the old outfit has him in that riding charolet, so he may be included with that.

If you think about it, it isn't hard for Hasbro to make a classic Zartan from the revamp outfit and vice versa. They can switch the arms and maybe the lower torso to make the old v1. Seems somethin Hasbro would do seein how they gave SS and SE new heads to make v2 versions.

Also, because the new figures have seperate pieces that makes up the body, I can see a customizer or hasbro replacing the lower portion to one with no shirt to emulate the v1 look.

I'm wondering if the changes made to Zartan and Serpentor are intended to represent DD looks in order to see if DD looking characters would be "accepted" in the line?

I mean two characters most "requested" are Zandar and Wraith, but if people will only accept the original look of Zandar, well...

Speaking of DD looking characters

I actually WANT an Alexander McCullen in Destro uniform figure. I thought fans want DD Storm Shadow sooo badly.

Zartan was my favorite Cobra back in the day, and I can say I like the new figure much better.

Even as a kid it bugged me that a guy that's more or less deathly allergic to the sun wore a tank-top. @hmmm@

Although I do wish Serpentor had a touch more of the classic flair, but it's not a deal breaker, I still like the new one too.

Zartan being one of my favorite characters, I was disapointed to see that they had changed his outfit from the way he originally debuted in the 80's. I understand the outfit he wore was a little out there, and today it would look a little dated(midriff), but who's not to say the others outfits are the same?(Gung Ho's vest, Destro's bare chest)! Why did they change the outfit to something different when these are supposed to be the most iconic characters in their most recognizable costumes? I understand the 25th Zartan somewhat resembles the Devils Due one, but that to me is irrelevant. I like Zartan the way he was. Why the change? The only thing I can figure out now is that they wanted to use the color change plastic to throw us a bone. However, they half- assed it due to costs and decided to only make the face change colors, therefore they had to give Zartan long sleeves, and thus the costume change. Personally , I would have prefered him redone with his classic outfit, even if it meant having to do without the color change feature. My geek rant is done, I just wonder if anyone else felt the way I do.

I feel the same way about the Serpentor.

I'm not 100% sold on Serpy yet, but I do like Zartan. His first version was cool, but never did make a lot of sense to me. Like it's been mentioned before, he's wearing a midriff revealing tank top with shoulder armor. ?????? True, he could make it look cool, but it still didn't make much sense. I know other Joes and Cobras had crazy costumes that didn't make sense either(Raptor, Big Boa...), but we're on Zartan now, so I'll deal with him. This new one looks fine by me. Minus his goofy hood that he's always worn, this looks like someone I could see walking into a biker bar and fitting in. The V1, not so much. This may end up being my default Zartan depending on how tall he looks next to my Cobra Heirarchy.

Even as a kid it bugged me that a guy that's more or less deathly allergic to the sun wore a tank-top. @hmmm@

:D

I never thought about that, but good call there. It's kinda like a ninja, who needs to be stealthy and secretive, wearing an all-white ninja costume. Something just doesn't add up...