MarvelousNews Database Requests / Ideas / Thoughts?

Ryno

I'm with Stormfan and Synch. Keep LCBH separate. It's called the Marvel database, not the 'every ML type figure' database. That's not to say LCBH shouldn't have their section though. It should just be placed elsewhere. And providing a big, clear link to that section on the Marvel database frontpage would help redirect people there.

I also like the height idea and would like to see packaged and accessory pictures for every figures.

Other than that, I think the database is great the way it is.

Yup update more character reviews. Or how about expanding more section on characters, example WOLVERINE figures, IRON MAN, that way its easier to find. Also a fun section of Marvel Legends fighting each other etc.

Hey Marvel Fans.....

I liked the diorama suggestion...I have seen some of the ones that members here have.....pretty cool...perhaps they will lend their photos...

Also liked the team idea but add a "cut out" showing the missing (and therefore needed) figures to complete the team......for example, a Nighthawk figure would round out the Defenders, as we already have Hulk, Dr. Strange, Silver Surfer and coming soon Valkaryie...of course once this happens I will be needing Hellcat and the Demon (ok...i can do without demon).

Lastly, although an ardourous task, have a photo with each version of the character that Marvel has produced in one shot....this would mean taking a lot of photos and many many updates, but the cool factor would be high for me.

THe dioramas & fighting suggestions is a lot of stuff for just one guy... Maybe we could have a TNI user based contest where we put in our own stuff and it gets voted on by other people on what ones get put on the page? I'm sure ryno likes to have his figures up on display as well :D Would suck for him ot have to take them down all the time!

Hey guys, while some ideas are just great and I'm thinking of ways to execute them, I've acted on one of the ideas and have started adding Marvel Legends Showdown (previously known as Super Hero Showdown) to the Database Here: http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?catid=23&itemid=11081. Thanks again for everything posted in here so far, it's nice to see that there are so many that use the DB, I work very very hard at it. Please though, do not be offended if we don't or can't use some ideas, and please keep contributing, discussing, debating and voicing your opinions, thoughts and so on. I don't want to make promises I can't keep, so... think of this as brainstorming / hypothetical, ya? I'm wracking my brain trying to think of a simple, elegant, user-friendly, efficient, robust and wholly universal photo scaling system for all the figures. Like a prison line-up but to the next level so it's easier and more efficient. So, if I end up coming up with something awesome or with nothing at all, this was all "hypothetical", dig? haha. Also, I need to get some reviewers for any and all old stuff, ML, MS, SMC, XMC, SHS, MLS, etc, etc, email me at ryan@marvelousnews.com if you think you are seriously up to submitting some solid reader reviews for this stuff.

Also put down a sculptor section who designed each figure. I believe that "other" marvellegends site had all that info on it too which was really cool! SCULPTOR SECTION SCULPTOR SECTION!!! I wanna know who designed what and who?

What I'd like to know is how "said site" gets that info? If I have the source to back it up, I'd be happy to include the sculptor!

What I'd like to know is how "said site" gets that info? If I have the source to back it up, I'd be happy to include the sculptor!

Why don't you PM him! I think he's a member here and his name is WAITING. I could be wrong but I think that is it. I would also like to know where the sculptor information comes from. It should be available, it's not too different then knowing who draws a comic.

Uh... that may be seen as rude or even borderline unethical for me to say, "Hey WAITING, where do you get the sculptor info for your site so that I can use it for my site?" If WAITING would like to contribute, that would be nice but I'm not going to go asking him for it for reasons above. Also, who knows? He could even have this sweet insider's connection, ya?

Reviews... so it begins! Thanks everybody who's pitched in for the idea of reviews for all the figures in the database. I'm getting started now. First, I'm tracking back and being sure to link back some of the more recent reviews into their respective db entries. So, hey, I need reviews people! There is a lot of stuff in that database (1,010 entries to be exact) and I need your help, reader reviews like crazy, so email me, we'll talk ryan@marvelousnews.com

I've connected reviews for hml2 (except for variants): http://marvelousnews.com/database/index.php?itemid=649

Uh... that may be seen as rude or even borderline unethical for me to say, "Hey WAITING, where do you get the sculptor info for your site so that I can use it for my site?" If WAITING would like to contribute, that would be nice but I'm not going to go asking him for it for reasons above. Also, who knows? He could even have this sweet insider's connection, ya?

I may be wrong but I think Waiting said he used to just call Toybiz and ask them for that information, or something to that effect.

Here is a tiny preview, first one to guess what it is gets um... a smiley face.

oh, haha, sorry ya, the super secret tiny preview image is of the Marvel Legends Showdown being added to the db.

Wheres my dang emoticon?! @loll@

Height and scale, which I understand is something that there is a LOT of interest in, is also probably the hardest thing to do. There are over 700 figures in the db, haha. If I do it, I'd like to avoid doing it half-assed by posting up a line-up shot for a series here and there. If we're going to have a height / scaling system in the Database, I'd like it to be awesome, brilliant and complete, wouldn't you? With that, it will most certainly take some time and resources. I'm not promising it's coming and I'm not saying it's not, but I hear you guys and I agree, something for height and scale would be cool in the Database. What I can tell you, is that I will be moving within a month and cannot begin such a major project until I've moved, but the nice thing is that it will be so much easier to be productive in this new place and is just what I need for such a crazy project.