MarvelousNews Database Requests / Ideas / Thoughts?

Ryno

Hey guys n gals! First of all if you don't know what I mean buy MarvelousNews Database, go to MarvelousNews.com and click on DATABASE on the left nav or go to MarvelousNews.com/database to check it out.

Now, I want to start this ongoing thread to ask what YOU want to see in the Database at MarvelousNews.com.

-What photos would you like to see? (Particular angles, poses, comparisons, side-by-sides, team-up shots)

-Anything missing? (Are their certain details or accessories that you'd like to see that aren't there?)

-Content? (We have photos, profiles, upc numbers... what else do we need?)

-Ideas in general? (Is there more that you think should be in the Database that we haven't thought of?)

I wanted to welcome any and all requests, ideas, thoughts, concerns, criticisms and more to make the Database better! I'd like to think of MarvelousNews.com as a by the fans for the fans site as I of course am a huge fan myself, I'm a total addict, going out hunting, wasting gas, checking etailers constantly. Enough about me though, I want to know what you want!

hmm...

show the height of every ml!

by wave...

or team...

or else...

(stand all the figures in 1 row n height indicator at the back)

@hmmm@

YES. I think this is the #1 thing that needs to be added to the database, the height of each figure. WAITING used to do a prison line-up thing for each wave, but I haven't seen it lately on his site.

Each figure should have their hight listed, and some reference pics to show the scale, both against a hight indicating backdrop like WAITING used, and with other figures.

aside from that, I think that some of the pictures are too dark with the black background being used, it doesn't show off the figure details.

My only suggestion would be to not put LCBH in there. People are confused enough about the name "Marvel Toys" and having them in a Marvel Comics database doesn't really help the cause.

And yeah, they're like Marvel Legends, but I don't really think it's necessary to put in every figure that's like a Marvel (comics) toy. Before you know it, we're going to end up having the Star Wars and Transformers versions of Superhero Squad and such.

Just keep it Marvel Comics related.

Nice, a lot of great ideas and feedback so far guys, please keep them coming! And feel free to repeat and/or quote what someone else said if you share their opinion, the more we hear about a certain thing the more chance I'll see to it coming to fruition.

I have a ton of those Steven E. Gordon images...I wanna see a pic of the character then they figure...maybe do the index that way?

I like that idea.

My only suggestion would be to not put LCBH in there. People are confused enough about the name "Marvel Toys" and having them in a Marvel Comics database doesn't really help the cause.

And yeah, they're like Marvel Legends, but I don't really think it's necessary to put in every figure that's like a Marvel (comics) toy. Before you know it, we're going to end up having the Star Wars and Transformers versions of Superhero Squad and such.

I disagree. Many folks who collect Marvel Legends are collecting these too.. They are kinda a sister line because they are essentially the same figures, just different characters.

if you think its confusing, then they can just be put under a different section... but there is no reason not to have a LCBH database. (in fact, I think its good to have them pictured next to Marvel Legends for reference)

how bout some reference picture from the comics to show where they came from. like for example show a pic of Hercule with a Reference pic of his mini series.

Also how bout adding were the costumes first appearred like i don't know when modular iron-man first appearred in the comics.

Lastly how bout listing the team a certain person belonged to like luke cage was in HFH, Avengers, Defenders etc....

How 'bout a side by side of reused sculpts. Bullseye by all of his offspring, and Namor by his, Ironman by Magneto, And the Spidey bodies used for filler.

how bout some reference picture from the comics to show where they came from. like for example show a pic of Hercule with a Reference pic of his mini series.

Also how bout adding were the costumes first appearred like i don't know when modular iron-man first appearred in the comics.

Lastly how bout listing the team a certain person belonged to like luke cage was in HFH, Avengers, Defenders etc....

interesting!

agreed with u tarot!

@hmmm@

oh!

maybe can add a diorama...

or how many or what pose can the figure do...

(posing like in comics!)

@hmmm@

I disagree. Many folks who collect Marvel Legends are collecting these too.. They are kinda a sister line because they are essentially the same figures, just different characters.

if you think its confusing, then they can just be put under a different section... but there is no reason not to have a LCBH database. (in fact, I think its good to have them pictured next to Marvel Legends for reference)

I'll agree they should have a database, just not with Marvel. They may have the same name and may look alike, but I go to the Marvel Database based on the characters, and I don't give a rat's about anything regarding LCBH. If others do, more power to them.

They may be cool figures, but give them their own database. Don't mix and match different comic/company brands. It kind of defeats the purpose of calling it a Marvel Database.

Coming very very soon, per you guys aka this thread...

Here is a tiny preview, first one to guess what it is gets um... a smiley face.

post-8789-1187597243_thumb.jpg

i say give the older, pre-ML13 figures more pictures. all there is is standing up staright, turned around, and head shot. it may take a while, but it will drastly increase the quality of the database #US1#

I'll agree they should have a database, just not with Marvel. They may have the same name and may look alike, but I go to the Marvel Database based on the characters, and I don't give a rat's about anything regarding LCBH. If others do, more power to them.

They may be cool figures, but give them their own database. Don't mix and match different comic/company brands. It kind of defeats the purpose of calling it a Marvel Database.

[/quote

I'm with stormfan on this one people do have enough problems keeping stuff here in its proper place as is leting stuff that has nothing to do with marvel comics on the tni marvel site... You may as well just merge all the comic stuff into one site if you are going to be doing that :) from street fighter figures to dc classics :P

Coming very very soon, per you guys aka this thread...

Here is a tiny preview, first one to guess what it is gets um... a smiley face.

post-8789-1187597243_thumb.jpg

a toybiz only pic?.. I duno what it is I'd say a group shot but you got just about everyone in there ...

All the tall guys seem to be in the back though so a size shot?..