FRUSTRATION with Hasbro and the 25th Distribution

MaceWinduPreview

Those of you that know me, know this, I am not one to write long explanations for things so... Suffice to say that I am extremely frustrated with Hasbro and the distribution of the 25th Anniversery products. Now I realize there are many factors to consider, (those that reply to this thread feel free to elaborate) but as far as my local area, downstate NY, there are very FEW stores carrying them or if they are, in short supply. I know that the cases are small and all of that. But Walmart for instance, I have seen exactly three shipments of the 25th stuff, all of them single cases and all of them cleared out within the hours following them going onto the shelf, I know, I got to the store every day. Target had two cases, again, all cleared out, Toys R Us had a few but again, Cobra Officer, Flint cleared out....

I am hoping that these figures start to hit more frequently, I am hoping that the first wave doesn end up like the Bazooka/Torch wave from VvV.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw them once. They had two of each boxset. I figured I'll come back next week and pick up the Cobra boxset and than come back another time for the Joe set. They'll probably restock it. I come back and all 4 of the sets(Cobra and Joe)sets were gone. No restock. Nothing. I haven't seen anything since.

Note: This story takes place at a Wal-Mart.

the walmart and kmart have them here. walmart has 4 pegs set aside for them but i've only seen them on one and then they were all gone when i went back that night to get something else. i've only found 2 cobra officers after checking my nearest walmart and kmart (one at each store) way more then once since they started showing up. i don't want to get cc and flint because i really don't want to get repaints unless i either really like them or they are army builders. why would they only put one army builder in the case?? why not 2 cobra officers instead of just one? its very annoying. other stores that i have to drive 30 minutes to get to don't have any single packs. only the 5 packs and thats just tru and kb. i guess its bee nsaid that hasbro didn't expect so much positive feedback from the 25th anny sets. so thats probably why they aren't everywhere.

i was wondering if they were showing up at walgreens? i know i 've seen the 30th anniversary sw figures there when they started coming out but haven't been there in a while to see if there are joes.

we haven't hardly even gotten anything in yet, much less sold out. finally last night i found one cobra set at target though. apparently kmart got in a case of individual figs, but they sold out before i could get one. the only reason i know is because i found one crumpled up snake eyes misplaced there. wal mart has yet to even set up pegs for the 25th stuff. what's more, i travel around the state for work every day and i check at walmarts.. so far nothing has shown up (as of earlier this week) in the entire western half of kansas.

There are 2 Walmarts, 1 K-Mart, and 1 Target in this city. One of those Walmarts didn't include ANY GI Joe (25th, AT, or S6) in their reset. The other three stores have all received both the boxsets and the singles and they've even had a restock or two. The 25th Joes sell out within 2 days at all three stores.

I already have all of the singles and boxsets, but I can understand how frustrating it can be. However, I think that the excellent sales are a good thing! :D

HELL yah I am they screw up every thing like the ML's wave 2 just hit and of the SW 30th ann is only wave 2 and now the kung fu grip frgs just hit and now the 25th ann hit now. the only things I get that are local are Halo3(when it coms out) some Sigma 6, 21c,SW,25ann joe,class tf (When the new stuffs out if it does).I droped the ML and the altanators TF just quit and the distribution of ML pissed me off and I quit ML, and I hate the movie lines. I'm sick of hasbro they can go screw off I like bandi,hottoys,21c,TS,BBI,MF, I have had less trouble out of than hasbro and there toys are made better and the put pride in what that make also QC is great (at list HT, TS, 21c, bbi.) they are not money grubbing ********.like Hasbro. (hasbro is to toys like Michael Jacken is to kids) :angry: @puke@ @bH@

HELL yah I am they screw up every thing like the ML's wave 2 just hit and of the SW 30th ann is only wave 2 and now the kung fu grip frgs just hit and now the 25th ann hit now. the only things I get that are local are Halo3(when it coms out) some Sigma 6, 21c,SW,25ann joe,class tf (When the new stuffs out if it does).I droped the ML and the altanators TF just quit and the distribution of ML pissed me off and I quit ML, and I hate the movie lines. I'm sick of hasbro they can go screw off I like bandi,hottoys,21c,TS,BBI,MF, I have had less trouble out of than hasbro and there toys are made better and the put pride in what that make also QC is great (at list HT, TS, 21c, bbi.) they are not money grubbing ********.

like Hasbro. (hasbro to toys is like Michael Jacken is to kids) :angry: @puke@ @bH@

now that you mention it, they've been just as bad with transformers lately. i have been ALL OVER my state, and still have not found anything new since the stuff that showed up a month before the movie came out. i wonder what the deal is lately?

No sign of them at retail here either.

I have looked at every store in a 100 mile radius of where I live. 6 Wal-Marts, 3 K-Marts and one TRU. No 5-packs or single packs.

If I want them I have to get them online I guess.

Those of you that know me, know this, I am not one to write long explanations for things so... Suffice to say that I am extremely frustrated with Hasbro and the distribution of the 25th Anniversery products. Now I realize there are many factors to consider, (those that reply to this thread feel free to elaborate) but as far as my local area, downstate NY, there are very FEW stores carrying them or if they are, in short supply. I know that the cases are small and all of that. But Walmart for instance, I have seen exactly three shipments of the 25th stuff, all of them single cases and all of them cleared out within the hours following them going onto the shelf, I know, I got to the store every day. Target had two cases, again, all cleared out, Toys R Us had a few but again, Cobra Officer, Flint cleared out....

I am hoping that these figures start to hit more frequently, I am hoping that the first wave doesn end up like the Bazooka/Torch wave from VvV.

Where in downstate are you? I am headed to Binghamton on business (don't know if that is considered up or down state), so I am wondering if I should even waste my time looking.

To follow up on your topic, I never thought of this as a Hasbro problem. In my mind, the only thing they screwed up was the SDCC distribution of the PDD fig. As I understood it, it was strictly a retailer issue. I know if we say anything to Hasbro at the roundtable, they will blame the retailers too. I have learned one thing on my searching endeavours, I will pre-order online from now on. With the money I have blown on gas, it can justify a small mark up on the figs online. However, I do agree with the earlier post from Jase, it is a good thing that sales are good!!

I`ve only seen Flint and Cobra Commander at my TRU. No other store around me even has shelf space dedicated to them!!! All of my Walmarts have reset their aisles and NOTHING. I`ve gotten to the point where i`m sick of looking and the figures aren`t that great to be stressed over. I`ve pre-ordered wave 2 from BBTS just so I won`t have to deal with this again.

my walmart has restocked the 5 packs 1x also it loOked like they had more than one case for the singles because they had like 4 flints and 6 snakeeyes but kmart has only stocked all one time and the MEIJERS near me doesnt even have shelf space set aside for it ---but they are under a remodel right now-----

im sure if we are all patient after the resets well get em all--------

-(THATS COMING FROM A GUY WHO HAS ALL THE RELEASES SO FAR!SORRY)

I MEAN MY WALMART HASNT EVEN SET ALLTHE WAY YET---KMART HAS ----

but this stuf isnt like MILK------THERES NOT SOMEONE CHECKING THE SUPPLY EVERY 8 HOURS

my thing is -----i go to walmart @10:00 everynight------i check the pallets as they come out

ive seen the 12inch A/T stuff 3 times and its not on the shelves yet ---even the big huge displays and still its not out

8 inch A/T STUFF I SEEN 3 WEEKS AGO ----AND IT JUST GOT PUT OUT 5 DAYS AGO

SO ALL I CAN SAY IS BE PATIENT ---GRAB IT WHEN YA SE IT

DOC

Didn't you get yours already?

I must live in the GI Joe capital of the world then.. cause I've seen plenty around the Chicagoland area.. tons of 5 packs, adn I've seen all the single packs multiple times in all stores.. the only one I've only seen once was the Black wolf SE, guess I should pick these up for people, lol.. $10 a figure!!!!

@smilepunch@ j/k

Where I live we only have one Wal-Mart and they have yet to stock the 25th stuff. I've only seen the 5 packs at TRU & Target and I got the only single-carded figure left (Flint) there.

Besides that, I've ordered all of my 25th stuff online.

I got my 25th 5 packs at Target.

The new Super Wal-Mart doesn't have any Joes or spaces for them. The old Super Wal-Mart had one case of singles which I believe a scalper got. My friend told me they put them out last Friday. I couldn't go until Monday.

I'm pretty sure Wal-Mart is the one with distribution problems.

Where in downstate are you? I am headed to Binghamton on business (don't know if that is considered up or down state), so I am wondering if I should even waste my time looking.

To follow up on your topic, I never thought of this as a Hasbro problem. In my mind, the only thing they screwed up was the SDCC distribution of the PDD fig. As I understood it, it was strictly a retailer issue. I know if we say anything to Hasbro at the roundtable, they will blame the retailers too. I have learned one thing on my searching endeavours, I will pre-order online from now on. With the money I have blown on gas, it can justify a small mark up on the figs online. However, I do agree with the earlier post from Jase, it is a good thing that sales are good!!

Orange County NY

Didn't you get yours already?

I must live in the GI Joe capital of the world then.. cause I've seen plenty around the Chicagoland area.. tons of 5 packs, adn I've seen all the single packs multiple times in all stores.. the only one I've only seen once was the Black wolf SE, guess I should pick these up for people, lol.. $10 a figure!!!!

@smilepunch@ j/k

Yeah, I got all of them, but I got them from Mastercollector and BBTS and Amazon.com. I wanted to get a few extra Cobra Officers and a Flint or two, but no luck. Ordering online cots an extra 25% plus shipping so Walmart not having this wave makes me nervous about the second wave.

Florida is empty. I have found the single packs (two cases at target and a SE w/ black timber and SS at K-Mart) But we haven't seen a bit of the 5 packs. I have started calling toys r us abotu every week or two and they just tell me they dont have any in the wharehouse and are hoping to get them in late september. anyone found any 5 packs in Florida area?

Forgot to mention, My Walmart has set aside space for the 25th ann stuff, has the price tag on the shelf. I dont know whats their problem, I talked with an associate, she said theyre doin inventory.

Hey at least they reset on older TF toys.

[Orange County NY

Ah, I almost had to move there a couple of years ago with my job. My corporate HQ is in Mahwah, NJ. I go there about once a quarter. I'll PM ya the next time I am in the area.

Hasbro has had distribution problems for years. It's far from anything new, which is probably why it's so frustrating. Every time they come out with something cool, half will have ease finding it and the other half of the customers will be frustrated beyond belief.

Hasbro has had distribution problems for years. It's far from anything new, which is probably why it's so frustrating. Every time they come out with something cool, half will have ease finding it and the other half of the customers will be frustrated beyond belief.

.....and then they wonder why collectors lose interest