More pics of wave 2 five pack...

cobrasaboteur

Here's another pic of the next five pack. I dont know if this picture has been out before but i was just wondering what people thought of these figures. They are getting a LOT of use out of the cobra soldier mold. I really dont like CC and Storm Shadow. After all, this is the 25th anniversary right? They should have given us a teal storm shadow and a mickey mouse CC. THAT would have been cool.

untitledih6.jpg

I'd say it goes like this for me....

Stinger Driver

Cobra Trooper

Gas Mask Trooper

CC

SS

How do you guys feel?? Do you like CC?

-saboteur

i have a problem with so many diff. cobra troops black mask red mask silver emblem red emblem i mean it makes sense to have a trooper and a commander but why so many diff out fits

1air trooper

2cc

3stinger driver

4cobra trooper

5ss

i hope thet make the air trooper into a single carded fig later on

I plan to buy 5 sets of this... and then 10 of the single pack Trooper, then swap out the red logo chest for the silver... so that way I can have more red logo Troopers with black straps. And hopefully someone will buy silver logo Troopers with yellow straps.

I agree with boff123... they should have made this a complete army builder pack...

I love all of them but I much rather had another two troopers thrown in there for fun! :)

Too soon, too soon!

I can take repaints of troopers, but seriously...two waves out and now we already have three Cobra Commanders, three Storm Shadows, and a repaint of SS coming out as a Red Ninja...

Come on guys, hold off the repaints until you really don't have any other characters. Rather than fill the waves with repaint after repaint while including 2-3 new characters/molds to extend the longevity of the line, I'm pretty sure there's a near-endless list of wants that haven't seen the light of day since '82...

I think it would have been better if they made this Cobra Commander with the hood. I just think it would have worked out better. And maybe given us another trooper or driver or some other Cobra rank instead of Storm Shadow. But other than that it isn't bad. I've always thought Cobra Commander looked better in black.

I like this set except for CC and SS. They should have all been troop builders. I wish they would have included the trooper from the first Cobra five pack, even two of those wouldn't have bothered me.

I like this set except for CC and SS. They should have all been troop builders. I wish they would have included the trooper from the first Cobra five pack, even two of those wouldn't have bothered me.

What I do not understand is the VvsV SS in this set,

I like them all...but I don't plan on army building them. The 25th Ann figures I think I will just keep MOC and only army build the previous figures I had. I see where CC and SS would be a real pain for army builders. I was able to find all the single pack figs but I can't find any of the 5 packs around here.

What I do not understand is the VvsV SS in this set,

Well, technically, the SS is based on the artwork from the Devil's Due Joe comic when it was first put out in 2001. That was what Storm Shadow was wearing when he was reintroduced. But, aside from that.. still no good idea why they are doing it.

As for the set. I like the three army builders, but I really don't want 3 different versions of the same basic grunt (4 if you really want to count the Air Trooper). I like the comic accurate trooper, but he'd probably just up being the scar-face trooper that become a known character earlier in the Marvel series run.

I can take repaints of troopers, but seriously...two waves out and now we already have three Cobra Commanders, three Storm Shadows, and a repaint of SS coming out as a Red Ninja...

also don't forget that there will be at least one single carded version of both v1 ss and battle helmet cc!

Too soon, too soon!

Come on guys, hold off the repaints until you really don't have any other characters. Rather than fill the waves with repaint after repaint while including 2-3 new characters/molds to extend the longevity of the line, I'm pretty sure there's a near-endless list of wants that haven't seen the light of day since '82...

Actually, I think the red ninja(sei-tan) has a new head

He has tiny horns on his head

Black Hooded Cobra Commander, we all know Hasbro well enough to know it will be either a mail-a-way or an exclusive. Repaints are cheap to make. Hasbro please listen "ALL WE WANT ARE COBRA SOLIDERS!!!!" not 500 snake-eyes or storm shadows.

PPFFTT.....Hasbro doesn't care. They pretty much told us so every year at the con when we say NO MORE REPAINTS and NO MORE SNAKE-EYES, STORM SHADOWS, DUKES, SCARLETTS, COBRA COMMANDERS, DESTROS, ROADBLOCK/HEAVY DUTYS. They say we'll ALWAYS see these figures, OVER AND OVER again.

Now, I will say, I had concerns about the Viper Six Pack they released last year being produced in enough numbers. Now I see them warming pegs in TRUs in my area.

Is the air troopers head sculpt from the comic 3 pack only modified to fit the 25th ani body?

As far as I can tell, the Comic Pack figure had that gasmask/helmet combo glued onto a blank head. Seems like it was an easy mod to make it fit the 25th body. Or, he has an interchangeable head (I doubt it though).

Black Hooded Cobra Commander, we all know Hasbro well enough to know it will be either a mail-a-way or an exclusive. Repaints are cheap to make. Hasbro please listen "ALL WE WANT ARE COBRA SOLIDERS!!!!" not 500 snake-eyes or storm shadows.

PPFFTT.....Hasbro doesn't care. They pretty much told us so every year at the con when we say NO MORE REPAINTS and NO MORE SNAKE-EYES, STORM SHADOWS, DUKES, SCARLETTS, COBRA COMMANDERS, DESTROS, ROADBLOCK/HEAVY DUTYS. They say we'll ALWAYS see these figures, OVER AND OVER again.

Now, I will say, I had concerns about the Viper Six Pack they released last year being produced in enough numbers. Now I see them warming pegs in TRUs in my area.

yeah the tru near me has two full pegs of viper pits, a peg of lj and gas mask trooper and a couple pegs of dtc figures (the wave with the trooper) and a few 25th 5 packs.

i like the air trooper. hopefully we will see him on single card down the road some time. the stinger driver is kinda cool too. but the other 3 figures in the pack couldn't mean less to me. i'm more excited about the cobra soundbox that plays the movie theme song on it then the actual figures in the case lol