classics galvatron

KNIGHT WOLF

...which has utterly no impact on the toy whatsoever. And what's wrong with th eupgrade? Some "fans" lately have developed the habit of "it MUST be new and different to be good". Sheesh, some fans if they absolutely HATE what's come before.

I'd want a decent toon-accurate toy that vaguely transforms into the cannon form. We already got the toon-colroed reissue. I mean, if tyhey're not going to do it toon accurate then they may as well just give us Energon Galvatron again and save the cost of a new sculpt.

he has to be a cannon, that is the entire point of the classics concepts...new renditions of their original designs.

WWords out of mouth :) Cannon + purpleish :) Yes the cannon thing is dumb but hey so was the gun its all good fun though :)

I am kind of wanting a light up and sound effects for him too if they decide to do him... & WTF at the above comments... Megatron has always been galvatron hasn't he?.. If they ever fight each other in the old comics if I remember right some kind of time travel or alt dimension was involved ... Man I duno how they would do it but some sort of omnibus styled book of the old marvel books fromsay 50s up and even the B&W UK st uff would be great :) I'd love to read them all again in that style format

OH Yes... What makes you all think he is going to be made in classics to start with did hasbro put out some kind of list I missed ?...

he has to be a cannon, that is the entire point of the classics concepts...new renditions of their original designs.

WWords out of mouth :) Cannon + purpleish :) Yes the cannon thing is dumb but hey so was the gun its all good fun though :)

I am kind of wanting a light up and sound effects for him too if they decide to do him... & WTF at the above comments... Megatron has always been galvatron hasn't he?.. If they ever fight each other in the old comics if I remember right some kind of time travel or alt dimension was involved ... Man I duno how they would do it but some sort of omnibus styled book of the old marvel books fromsay 50s up and even the B&W UK st uff would be great :) I'd love to read them all again in that style format

OH Yes... What makes you all think he is going to be made in classics to start with did hasbro put out some kind of list I missed ?...

I believe in one comic megs and galvy were seperate characters..as for classics galvatron, at sdcc hasbro stated they wanted one made; nothing definitive, afaik.

And yes, cannon+purple=galvatron. :D

I never liked that Galvatron was an upgraded Megatron. They did that for the movie and all the other continuities aped/piggy backed the idea into their own canons. His original TechSpec indicated he was a unique character (the equivalent of Ultra Magnus for the 'cons). I'm glad Furman and IDW are giving him his individuality back.

Hm are you sure about that?.. I always thought megs was galvy in the comics too.. Really need to reread...

Yeah I'm pretty sure they were. It was just that Megs and Galvy appeared at the same time teaming up/fighting against each other because of time travel. First in Target 2006 in the UK comic.

In the US comic Galvatron gets brought back in time by Hook, Line, and Sinker(Unicron's henchmen) around issue 67-68. In issue 78 Galvatron runs into Megatron on the Ark (Megatron had just been revived by Nucleon) and they start fighting each other before teaming up and taking down Shockwave.

During the battle the Ark crashes temporarily disabling Megatron until he eventually shows up in the GI Joe comics in the G2 prequel. Galvatron is still functional, but insane after the crash(somewhere in the arctic?). He eventually runs into Fortress Maximus(who's only about the size of PM Prime in the comic) and Fort Max beats him up and knocks him into a river of ice never to be seen again... which is pretty much how he "died" in the Japanese Headmasters cartoon too getting trapped under ice.

As far as the toy goes, I hope it's G1 toon accurate, or fairly close! :D

Doesn't really matter. He'll look the same if he is or isn't a reformatted Megatron. So I guess it'd be up to the buyer to decide which one he is.

Personally I'm not looking forward to Galavatron. I mean I'll buy him and like him, but I'd much rather have a Shockwave or Soundwave then a Galavatron.

I prefer the cartoon's direction on Galvatron's origin rather than the Marvel comic's since the latter is so convoluted. In the comics, there were more than one Galvatron and even though the first (who was a time traveller) was most likely not Megatron, the 2nd one was Megatron reborn. So yeah, Rodimus Primal is right whereas Megatron is Galvatron; Megatron gets an upgrade to Galvatron in the Marvel Run.

http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/Galvatron_II

They should just stick with one.

Megatron IS Galvatron. NUFF SAID about that.

Except that he's NOT.

Megatron and Galvatron being the same means only ONE thing, as far as the toyline is concerned.

If Galvatron is an "upgrade" or otherwise another "version" of Megatron, then there is the chance that Galvatron will just be a Classics Megatron repaint.

I don't think that is too likely. It DOES appear to be trying to match Classics figures to their G1 looks/versions. Given that, whether or not Galvatron and Megatron are the same characters is irrelevant. Their TOYS are NOT the same.

I do want a decent Galvatron toy in the classics line as well as a Shockwave.....Galvatron is Megatron period.I like the fact that after being defeated by Prime and dumped into space he was reformatted by Unicron....Now in the comic as stated (Marvel) Galvatron was snatched from an alternate reality by Hook,Line,and Sinker for Unicron because he could not locate Megatron in that timeline(Megatron and Rachet were in a temporal rift and fused together at the time)so he plucked him from an alternate future.Needless to say Galvatron was not pleased with these events as he had already helped Unicron devour Cybertron and had all but conquered Earth(North/South America).Honestly I wanted to see Galvatron face off against some of the main Aoutbots/Decepticons at the time but the series had to be wrapped up(At this point in the Marvel series Furman had all the leeway he wanted as the toy line was all but dead).I was glad too see Shockwave get his but would have liked to see it take more than one page worth of panels.When Meg/Gal clashed Megatron was still pretty messed up in the head as his mind was still meshed with Ratchets but Galvatron realizes that even though he and this Megatron are not from the same time line he may still actively have to keep him alive.As for when Galvatron fought Fort Max it was after the Ark crash landed in Northern Canada(Ratchet gives a great speech as he causes the Ark to crash to Earth again).......Galvatron was on the brink of madness again and was trying to collect himself when Max attacked him.Ultimately,Galvatron ends up trapped under the ice in Northern Canada where in my mind he still lays...In stasis:( Now in Japan the whole premise for Zone was that an entity named Violin Jiegar(Not sure how to spell it) finds Galvatron and re-reformats Galvatron into Super Megatron(a toy that was sadly never made as Zone was only one episode).This event prompts Diatlus to send the micro master combiner teams into space to find the body of Optimus Prime/Convoy so they can bring him back with The Zone power or some such.If you've never seen the Zone Episode I suggest you look it up on youtube and watch it.Just type in Transformers Zone.So the way I see it Megatron already immeasurably powerful is reforged and reborn by Unicron and evolves into Galvatron(Although after Unicrons destruction he does lose some of his power)making him one of Transformers.

I doubt that Hasbro would merely repaint the Megatron mold when they said that Galvatron is in the works. The Classics line is based upon G1 characters and likenesses. THe only one we know of is Sunstreaker and Sideswipe being the same mold with different weapons.

Sure, but Sunstreaker and Sideswipe are getting, what is it, a different forming chest plate?

If that's they case,why the hell couldn't they give Cliffjumper a different head?