Star Wars Legends

havokface

I am huge fan of the Marvel Legends line and have been collecting Marvel figures since way back when Toy Biz first introduced the x-men and spiderman lines (12 years ago???) Anyway I was thinking, now that hasbro has their hands on the Marvel Legends line and is doing a great job of carrying the line into the future... Wouldn't it make since for them to start releasing Star Wars figures in the same format??? I mean they pretty much have exhausted all the different variations of each character on the 3.5 inch scale. That 3.5 inch scale is out dated. Lets see some Star Wars characters get the Marvel Legend treatment!

Let me know what you think!

Havokface

PS... Hasbro could make a killing off a new line of Star Wars Legends

I'd definitely buy a few of them.....quite a few of the bad guys for sure.

I might buy a couple of them, probably Vader and a couple of other main characters, but that would be about it. I've spent thousands on my 3 3/4 SW collection and I don't really have any desire to start over at a different scale. And I'd make the same argument against smaller ML. I'm not spending more money and trying to make more space in my display room for the same characters I already have in different scales.

Bottom line is that Hasbro is in the business to make money...

Star Wars is one of their biggest properties.

They are going to continue the line anyway and last I heard sales were down.

You wouldn't have to collect all the figures but could you imagine?

Marvel Legends style Darth Maul? Or Return of the Jedi Luke with hood?

They could be seriously hard core.

I think there is a market for them for sure.

The only down fall I can think of is the fact that the Marvel Legend style Star Wars figures will be too big for any Ships to be made. I dunno I think it would rock.

If they were going to only release original figures in each wave. If they got into this 700 Darth Vaders and 300 Boba Fetts ans 800 Han Solos variation BS then I would NOT buy them.

Do ONE Vader that accomplishes as many of his variations as possible (removable helmet, interchangeable heads, interchangeable hands, etc) and be done with it. Have it as a deluxe box set that I pay $15-20 for. I don't care. But don't have a stupid different Vader in each wave. That would suck.

Han Solo would come as a white shirt base, with a removable vest and removable parka, removable camo duster, Carbonite Block, binders for his hands, goggles, maybe some tools, thermal charges and his blaster. Again, if you want to put it in a fancy box and charge a little more, fine, but I don't want 50 different Han Solo variants clogging up the pegs when I could be getting cooler aliens and #$@#.

R2-D2 better have every single gimmick and gadget that ever pops out on anything anywhere on his body ever. Including a hologram Leia. And lights and sounds. I don't want periscope R2 one wave, and docking claw R2 the next wave.

You get where I'm going with this?

That said, I think the possibilities afforded to detail on something like this are really exciting and I would look forward to a LOT of the characters.

If they would turn out the same kind of product they're doing with Marvel Legends with the way these have silly smiles and looks on their faces and larger eyes having doll-like (dull too) looking expressions like Ken and Barbie, I would definitely decline. Maybe we'd get to see a Smiley Darth Vader or an blank, expressionless Darth Maul staring into the distance as if meditating. Marvel Legends have started to look cartoonish lately and have been looking like wax museum figures rather than action figures. Heck, Ken and Barbie is even starting to look better than these cartoon caricatures!

Yup I'd buy some most likely back when toybiz was around I'd have brought anything they pimped out.... now I am not sure though but it would be neat to see for sure :) as is my interest in starwars is going down down down hill fast fast fast! :D Nothing but the same old molds and repaints and ugly repaints at that!

Idunno. I prefer my Star wars figures the way they already are. I don't know if i'd invest in a new line of 6 inchers. And I'd be mad if they made a full swap from 3 3/4 to 6.

Idunno. I prefer my Star wars figures the way they already are. I don't know if i'd invest in a new line of 6 inchers. And I'd be mad if they made a full swap from 3 3/4 to 6.

I'd have been all for Star Wars Legends Toybiz style, but I don't even buy Marvel Legends the way they are now.

I'd have been all for Star Wars Legends Toybiz style, but I don't even buy Marvel Legends the way they are now.

Ditto. Although I think I would probably prefer SW figs to stay 3 3/4 either way.

A few maybe but keep it reasonble I do not and will not ever need a Dr evezan 6" figure.

Boba Fett Yes Luke and the gang Hell yeah.... Jarjar um %^^%$$$%^^ No!

Darth Maul & Vader Sweet!!!!!! Darth Tyranus and Sidious No thank you please.

GREEDO & CHEWBACCA MUST HAVE!!!!

A few maybe but keep it reasonble I do not and will not ever need a Dr evezan 6" figure.

Boba Fett Yes Luke and the gang Hell yeah.... Jarjar um %^^%$$$%^^ No!

Darth Maul & Vader Sweet!!!!!! Darth Tyranus and Sidious No thank you please.

GREEDO & CHEWBACCA MUST HAVE!!!!

of course.. nobody wants them to get crazy on us. just some 6 figure waves or something.... but unlike some people said, I would buy different versions of the characters, as long as they are important.

Tantooine Luke

X-Wing Pilot Luke

Hoth Luke

Dagobah Luke

Bespin Luke

Jedi Luke

Han Solo

Hoth Han Solo

Chewbacca

R2D2

C3PO

Princess Leia (white)

Princess Leia in Boush Disguise

Darth Vader

Greedo

Stormtrooper

Desert Stormtrooper

Scout Trooper

Tie Fighter Pilot

Ewoks

Rebel Troopers

Boba Fett

IG88

Bossk

Lando Calrissian

Tusken Raider

Obi Wan (old)

Obi Wan (young)

Qui Gon Jin

Darth Maul

Mace Windu

Ki Adi Mundi

Yoda

Emperor Palpatine

Anakin Skywalker

Padme (white outfit)

Count Dooku

Jango Fett

Clone Trooper

Battle Droid

ARC Trooper

Kit Fisto

etc...

Yes no ones saying to stop the other lines at all but theres no reason why they can't expand with more lines either :) I do not think hasbro would ever be dumb enough to stop the main line as it is since its a huge $$$$ maker I am sure :) This is not mattel we are talking about here :D

I say bring em on Hasbro!!!!!!!

I refuse to change scale! I was all about 3.75 when I was a kid...Hell that got me into customizing! But as an adult I don't see the value in smaller scaled lines. The 90's X-Men line got me outta a GI Joe slump...maybe they can do it again? I bought the new Luke and Vader when they refreshed the line but $6-7 on a 3.75 figure is bananas!!!

OMG, I think I would cry... for my wallet. Could you imagine if all your collections had the same scale, articulation, and style? I'm really glad Mattel can make the entire DC Universe so that I can have my MLs fit with the DC Classics figs and even the Legendary Comic Book Heroes stuff. I think it would be awesome if they did the same treatment with Star Wars, but at the same time I hope it doesn't happen 'cause I already spend too much money on toys as it is. I think it's great that they're making Indiana Jones figures in the same scale as the Star Wars figures, except I don't collect Star Wars toys. But if they had ML style Indiana Jones figures, I would buy them in a heartbeat.

I don't care at all. I'm not a Star Wars collector. This would be a pass for me.