ML STYLE DUSTY

lance838

Well he's finally here...ML STYLE DUSTY... I don't think anyone has created him yet so I figured why not create one. I used ML Punisher series 4 and a Magneto head from the current X-Men series. I used alot of apoxy sculpt and testors acryl paints. This was a fun custom to make... even added mud to his boots! The only thing left to add is his back-pack...soon to be added...oh and the "flag" on his shirt.

Let me know what ya think of this guy....

dusty5.jpg

dusty1.jpg

dusty2.jpg

dusty6.jpg

dusty7.jpg

Nice custom Lance!

damn that was fast! love the headdress and the paint details are really nice.....that shoulder patch is soooo crisp! great job lance:) itll be a while till i get to my dusty. right now i got scarlett and shipwreck on the burner :)

damn that was fast! love the headdress and the paint details are really nice.....that shoulder patch is soooo crisp! great job lance:) itll be a while till i get to my dusty. right now i got scarlett and shipwreck on the burner :)

Thanks FU...He did come together rather quickly...once I get started I just keep going til it's done! Usually takes me no more than 8 hours over the course of 3 days or so.

I'm curious to see how you handle 'ol shippy and scarlett...this should be interesting! I already have both made..... =)

make buzzer next!

I would but "FU and DD" have already "been there done that"... I want to create someone that hasn't been created yet... characters from 1982-1985 that need attention are listed below.... for my next figure I'll create whatever the consensus is... well as long as I can figure out a good base fig to work with! =)

My top picks are in BOLD...

1985 figures not made yet:

Airtight

Alpine

Footloose

Snow Serpent

Tele-Vipers

1984 figures not made yet:

Blowtorch

Recondo

Rip Cord

Clutch (tan uniform)

Cutter

Thunder

Wild Weasel

1983 figures not made yet:

Airborne

Torpedo

Tripwire

Ace

Cover Girl

Grand Slam (silver pads)

Grunt (tan)

Wild Bill

1982 figures not made yet:

Cobra Officer

Flash

Grunt

Short-Fuze

Clutch

Grand Slam

Hawk

Steeler

Great custom man that Dusty is awesome

Thanks guys! Not sure who my next custom will be.... any suggestions much appreciated!

how about the Snow Serpent or Alpine next?

Alpine seems like a good choice here... especially since I have Bazooka, Dusty & Shipwreck... (would make for a great '85 reunion group shot).

I vote for Alpine as well.

Awesome work, man! That's definitely the first ML Dusty custom that I've ever seen and I have to say you did a great job sculpting/painting it. Dusty is one of my favorite characters from GI Joe and he was the only figure I took with me every time I deployed to the desert.

I will be separating from the USAF next month and moving back home to GA. As I will no doubt have some free time on my hands as well as easier access to figures/accessories for custom fodder, I will be working on some new ML GI Joe customs that I've been planning on for while now. I just hope they can match the level of exceptional quality of the customs I seen recently here on TNI.

Awesome work, man! That's definitely the first ML Dusty custom that I've ever seen and I have to say you did a great job sculpting/painting it. Dusty is one of my favorite characters from GI Joe and he was the only figure I took with me every time I deployed to the desert.

I will be separating from the USAF next month and moving back home to GA. As I will no doubt have some free time on my hands as well as easier access to figures/accessories for custom fodder, I will be working on some new ML GI Joe customs that I've been planning on for while now. I just hope they can match the level of exceptional quality of the customs I seen recently here on TNI.

Thanks man....Seph... long time no speak!! I hope all is well with you.... great to hear that you'll be joining our ML crew again with some more of your exceptional work! If you have any ideas/suggestions that you feel like sharing ect. don't hesitate to email me. Right now I'm trying to create ML Joes that haven't been done yet...looks like Alpine will be my next custom...just gotta figure out what base and head to use.

My vote goes to the V1 Alley Viper.. @hmmm@ but that's just cause it's my fav Cobra...

I really love your take on Dusty, I really didn't know what to expect when you showed the mock up, but man, he looks spot on!!!

Nice sculpting but i have to say it should be cloth on the helmet...it wouldnt be very hard to do either.

-saboteur

I was going to use cloth but then I thought it wouldn't look as good as apoxie sculpt... I was able to create "movement" with it. Next time (after this goes up on Ebay one day)...

My vote goes to the V1 Alley Viper.. @hmmm@ but that's just cause it's my fav Cobra...

I really love your take on Dusty, I really didn't know what to expect when you showed the mock up, but man, he looks spot on!!!

Yeah... that's always a mystery before you see the final result! I've used (9) Punisher 4 series figs as my bases (so far). It just works really well when adding Apoxie to it (once that annoying belt thing gets removed!).

Another great base fig is "Moon Knight!" I've created (3) Cobra Soldiers, an Eel and a Hiss Driver so far with him.... and have (3) MK figs left in my arsenal! I do very minimal "swaping" of parts.... actually out of my 30 or so figs i've only done (2) hand/arm swaps and my first (and only) head swaps were with DUSTY & GUNG-HO figs. Just a little FYI stuff =)