Whoever So Holds This Hammer....

Rollo Tomassi

So again with the laundry list of Thor friends and foes who could be in the Marvel Legends line. So far, his rogue's gallery has not gotten a lot of love. Even the Loki could be a Mulligan since it wasn't classic comics Loki. I give them a 1-10 score based on how cool the character would be as a figure and/or how important they are to the lore of the books. Feel free to chime in, this is for fun.

Absorbing Man (8) Already been made, but hard to find. Possibility of doing him bigger (BAF?). A solid, recognizable foe.

Desak, the God Destroyer (5) A newer Thor villain, with a interesting design. Not very well known hurts his chances.

Destroyer (8) Another redo that could be bigger and have his own sculpt and qualify for BAF. Or maybe this wave will just have to be all Hulk sized figures...

Enchantress (10). Cause...damn...

044.jpg

Executioner (10) Skurge definitely needs to be made. What a badass.

Fafnir (9) Old School BAF candidate. But sadly, third on the BAF must have list after Surtur and Ymir.

Karnilla (7) Semi major bad girl, but not essential.

Loki (10) Preferably in this helmet and costume.

thor359.jpg

Majeston Zelia (5) Unknown newer assailant. Cool desing, but not much else going for her.

Mangog (7) Cooler old school Thor villain, but really just an ugly monster. Not a priority.

Midgard Serpent (6) Sure, it's an important nemesis for Thor, but it's just a REALLLLY big snake...

Mister Hyde. (8) This guy has been a pain in Thor's side, as well as several other Marvel heroes so he should be made, but it's just a big bulky guy in a green suit. There are other's i would see first.

Perrikus (5) Another newer villain that just doesn't hold as much weight as the classics.

Pluto. (8) A classic toughie. If they got around to wave 3 or 4 of a Thor Classics line, then definitely throw him in there, but he doesn't quite make the cut.

Sedna (4) Another member of the Dark Gods from the newer series. Cool look, but not essential enough to be made yet.

Seth (9) This guy is a classic Thor villain with a cool iconic look and the one hand missing. I'd be down for a Seth figure. Just his name is a problem...Seth doesn't really inspire fear in me knowwhatimsayin?

Surtur (10) A Definite BAF. How kick ass would this guy look on your shelf?

surtur4.jpg

Ulik (8) Another classic Thor villain. But visually, just a hairy brute. Not as essential a figure as other would be.

Wrecker (10) Not only him, but his whole wrecking crew. Top Five for figures to be made. Definitely.

Ymir the Frost Giant(10) After Surtur, the most needed Thor BAF. It's too bad Hasbro doesn't do the big BAFs like Toybiz did, because Surtur and Ymir would both have to be Galactus/Sentinel scale to be realistic...

Hela (9) Whoops, I forgot her on the baddie list. She's up near the top of major baddies that should be made.

Asgardian Allies

Balder the Brave (10) If you're going to have a Thor wave, Balder defintiely needs to be in it.

Fandral the Dashing (8) One of the Warriors Three. This Robin Hood looking character will make a good figure eventually. Maybe if they did a Warriors Three Boxset, that would be cool.

Frigga (4) Thor's Mom. Not really an essential Legend.

Frey (3) Uhmmm...you really need to have about a thousand Marvel Legends on your shelf before you start asking when Frey is going to be made...

Heimdall (8) Of course I would love a Heimdall, but he doesn't quite make the first cut. He does have a cool looking costume design.

Hermod (4) See Frey above...

Hoder (3) See Hermod and Frey...

Hogun the Grim (8) One of the Warriors Three. This Ghengis Khan looking character will make a cool figure someday.

Idunn (2) Seriously, see Hoder, Hermod, and Frey...

Loerelai (6) Sister of Amora the Enchantress. More considering of a figure than most on this list, but nowhere near the top.

ODIN, THE ALL FATHER (10) Essential for any Thor wave or line that comes down the pipeline.

Sigyn (5) Loki's wife. I ain't never heard of her.

Sif (10) After Odin, the most needed figure. Damn, it's Thor's girlfriend! Make her already!

Tyr (5) So I can find DC Comics images of the guy, but not Marvel. Which makes him pretty low on the list, in my book.

Vidar and Volla (5) Annnndd see Idunn, Hoder, Hermod, and Frey above

Volstagg (8) Hey it's the last of the Warriors Three. The big fat one! Probably work best as a Blob redeco...

I'm down for all those guys. Even Hyde. The top of my list would be the Wrecking Crew, followed closely by Odin, Sif, the Enchantress, Baldar, the Warriors 3 and the Executioner.

What's a Thor thread without

Thor Costumes

Walt Simonson's Armor Thor

thorcostume-2.jpg

Eric Masterson as Thor.....................................................and as Thunderstrike

thorcst4.jpg250px-Thunderstrike.jpg

Heroes Reborn Thor

costume-thorreborn.jpg

Thor (W. Simonson version - huge arms w/ Norwegian look)

Beta Ray Bill (Cyborg version minus Thor garb)

Ulik the Troll

Hela

Malekith (make him look real Elven)

Kurse

Skurge the Executioner

Thunderstrike

Odin (W. Simonson garb- very Norse lookin' !!)

Balder (W. Simonson version - w/ white hair)

Loki (W. Simonson version) - lots of garb to choose from

Storm (Thor version)

Fenris Wolf (BAF)

Build a Figure - Scuttlebutt (That would be HUGE!!)

Destroyer (Make him Bulkier and Heavier than what was released)

Thor!! Yeah, now we're talkin' action figures!!

1. Wrecker

2. Enchantress

3. Odin

4. Wrecker

5. Classic Loki

6. Executioner

7. Wrecker

8. Mr. Hyde

9. Masterson Thor

10. oh, and the Wrecker!!

With a Thor movie slated for 2009, hopefully we'll see all these guys within 2 years!! Nice work Rollo, you always find great pix!!

yeah I can't see a thor line doing well at allin stores... Maybe as some kind of made to order online exclusive ...

I disagree. I think the would do very well in stores. There cool looking characters that would definatly catch peoples eyes, and there also not just comic characters but, mythical gods (most anyway).

The main people i want are:

Thor (cause I traded the walmart one)

Enchantress (just freakn' make her already)

Classic Loki (cause the one we got is just.......Ugh) :)

Edit

Asguardian Stom too, Cause she kicks a$$.

I'd TOTALLY support this...even if HASBRO produced it...provided that they used the Classic versions of the characters.

My choice for the First Wave?

1. ODIN

2. BALDER

3. Classic LOKI

4. SIF

5. FANDRAL

6. HOGUN

7. ENCHANTRESS

8. HELA

9. Re-do of Classic THOR

VOLSTAGG BAF...yes, he's a "fat guy"...but he's not gross, like the BLOB...maybe because he has the decency to cover his rolls of flesh with some clothes, instead of a spandex bathing suit...gross...

(I'd also like to see a new THOR, a la' Copiel in the latest THOR # 1...in a later wave)

I'd TOTALLY support this...even if HASBRO produced it...provided that they used the Classic versions of the characters.

My choice for the First Wave?

1. ODIN

2. BALDER

3. Classic LOKI

4. SIF

5. FANDRAL

6. HOGUN

7. ENCHANTRESS

8. HELA

9. Re-do of Classic THOR

VOLSTAGG BAF...yes, he's a "fat guy"...but he's not gross, like the BLOB...maybe because he has the decency to cover his rolls of flesh with some clothes, instead of a spandex bathing suit...gross...

(I'd also like to see a new THOR, a la' Copiel in the latest THOR # 1...in a later wave)

A POSITIVE post from SNT? My faith in humanity is restored!! A little...

Ranked by preference:

1. MALEKITH - My favorite Thor character of all time!

2. Kurse - would look great as a figure, what with all the armor and spikes and all.

3. Skurge

4. Wrecker

5. Thunder Frog!

6. Odin

7. Warriors Three - Though it would have to be all three. Kind of pointless to have one or two without the others in the line.

8. Hela - Get the boiling water ready now, because her crazy headdress is gonna be bent to hell out of the package

9. Heimdall

10. Enchantress

BAF - Surtur. He could be done translucent like House of M Inhuman Torch.

Honorable Mention - Sif, Balder (Key character, but really just a pretty guy in blah armor), Ulik (and hey, repaint him, add a beard, and you can re-use him for Blastaar!).

And yeah, there's no way this is ever gonna happen.