Alex Ross Returns To Marvel With Groundbreaking Avengers/Invaders

The Wire

I been wondering if this will be another kang/timetravel story its been a while we need a good kang story :) If it is hopefully it includes a lot of YA action on the side as well given there new history :) My only fear is that ED has no say in this and that it will affect what ever he has planed in his book!! Sort of bogus IMO to "bring" cap back in a book ED has nothing to do with or no say at all...

Even in civil war they kept caps death in the cap story it should be the same for his return if this is indeed what it is... Guess we can only wait and see :) I am glad to see ross doing marvel stuff though again for sure !

& silly wirebot is posting this in the wrong section :P

It sounds from the description like they're going to be bringing 40s Cap to the present, sort of getting a do-over on his whole history since he got dethawed in Avengers 2 or whatever.

will thor be in it?

Yes, but he'll probably be the NAZI-loving Thor from the 1970's INVADERS comics...Hitler loved Norse Mythology...

Hitler loved Norse mythology because it's very close to the Aryan barbarians that he was obsessed with. Which was real strange cause he was a dark eye/haired midget. Thor was a nazi sympathizer or is that something your just reading into too much? This is news to me.

will thor be in it?

Yes, but he'll probably be the NAZI-loving Thor from the 1970's INVADERS comics...Hitler loved Norse Mythology...

Hitler loved Norse mythology because it's very close to the Aryan barbarians that he was obsessed with. Which was real strange cause he was a dark eye/haired midget. Thor was a nazi sympathizer or is that something your just reading into too much? This is news to me.

Never mind I just looked it up. It said Thor didn't realize Hitler was evil and he then came to his senses and apologized to the Invaders. Vey strange.

in the dark ages and before, most of europe and the british isles believed in the same pantheon of gods, though some tribes used different names. thor is a european god more than strictly scandinavian, so it's not technically wrong for the germans to look back and use those gods as their own. i think thor was possibly known as donar or thonr in southern germany, but the north where it borders with denmark would probably have used thor.

i was raised a pagan. it rocks. :)

in the dark ages and before, most of europe and the british isles believed in the same pantheon of gods, though some tribes used different names. thor is a european god more than strictly scandinavian, so it's not technically wrong for the germans to look back and use those gods as their own. i think thor was possibly known as donar or thonr in southern germany, but the north where it borders with denmark would probably have used thor.

i was raised a pagan. it rocks. :)

The PC term is 'early middle ages' not dark ages... Medievalists hate that. #yuk@# Anyway, fun trivia, Thursday is named after Thor...

Yep - I think the English (maybe other germanic nations too - not sure) are the only western who named the days after their gods - I think the rest of them just have 'day 1, day 2' system... Gah, toys are educational... @bounce@