I just have to come out and say it.....

ThundaStorm

Uhmmm...I'm still pissed about Transformers Classics Thundercracker and the demise of the Alternators line. And Star Wars in general.

But nice G. I. Joe 25th anniversary figures.

And good job (so far) on Legends.

Hasbro has their good and bad points just like Toy Biz did, duh... This is a no-brainer for anyone that has followed the line for more than a year. I'm discouraged with many of the current issues that are kicked around in this forum just like everyone else. There's one big reason that I'm willing to give Hasbro the benefit of the doubt for now: Star Wars.

If any of you have collected that line or given it more than a cursory glance, you might remember their initial wave of Kenner figures from the mid -'90s. Zero articulation, bad sculpts and likenesses, seriously, those figures sucked. The first Princess Leia, that was a man, man. (forget Mystique) Since those early days, the figures have progressed into tiny little works of art over the years. But, if the fans didn't support the early line and buy the figures, we may have never seen the detailed sculpting, super articulation and obscure character selections that we wanted.

Some of the issues people are unhappy with may never be fixed. Paint and articulation may not improve to the standards some would like to see. But that's why the figures cost $9.99 and not $50-$100 like Sideshow would charge for detailed figures. As long as sculpts, availability and character selection continues to improve, Hasbro will maintain their fan base. Now if the same issues are being seen a year from now...

See...being all openminded, I was expecting Rainbow flags and "It's Raining Men" streaming in the background. Never been so happy to be wrong

I too am all GAY about "The Bro" (gay does mean happy...pun intended!) I just wish there was away to silence all of the negativity?

I remember the Shadows of the Empire line...does anyone else? Now fast foward to now...Star Wars kicks all kind of ash! Paint washes, articulation(!?!), availabilty and mainstream appeal without a major project to hype the line. Now if only we could get HML to silence all of the Hate Breed?!

I'm discouraged with many of the current issues that are kicked around in this forum just like everyone else. There's one big reason that I'm willing to give Hasbro the benefit of the doubt for now: Star Wars.

If any of you have collected that line or given it more than a cursory glance, you might remember their initial wave of Kenner figures from the mid -'90s. Zero articulation, bad sculpts and likenesses, seriously, those figures sucked. The first Princess Leia, that was a man, man. (forget Mystique) Since those early days, the figures have progressed into tiny little works of art over the years. But, if the fans didn't support the early line and buy the figures, we may have never seen the detailed sculpting, super articulation and obscure character selections that we wanted.

but there is one big problem with your argument. When they took over Starwars, nobody else was making them. And they started off making the figures pretty much the same way Kenner had been in the early 80's. Now, sure, the figures have progressed into something nice, A DOZEN YEARS LATER!

Now, Hasbro took over Marvel Legends with all of the same designers, sculptors, and a far superior budget and manufacturing at their disposal.

So why the step backwards? Why the learning curve? They know exactly how to make Marvel Legends. They have all the same people to tell them how to do it. They have better manufacturing and a bigger budget.

Are you gonna wait 10 years for Marvel Legends to get back to being as good as they were when Toybiz was making them? @lol@

GiJoe has sucked for years now.... why?

well, because the new Hasbro, I am speaking of the post GOD OF TOYS 80's team, likes to experiment, a lot. Hasbro is no longer the company that created GiJoe and pumped out masterpieces for 10 years straight... they don't know what makes a good toy anymore. Look at the inconsistency that has plagued GiJoe, Transformers, and Starwars for the last decade...

I also agree that Star Wars is not really the best way to judge Hasbro's ability to do a good job with ML. The two lines have totally different backgrounds and totally different people working on them.

If anything I think Star Wars is a reason we can rightfully berate Hasbro for their disasterous ML paint apps. The new Star Wars figures usually have really good and highly detailed paint apps. Some of the ML figures look like Happy Meal toys in comparison. Why give one line better paint attention than the other?

It's not an arguement/comparison so much as I'm saying that I'm willing to be patient with Hasbro based on the work their capable of as evidenced in their Star Wars line. I'm willing to suffer through a below average year for the line, if it means an improved product for years to come. However, it is a finite patience and the limits of it will be tested with the next few releases.

Hopefully Hasbro gets it together soon and proves to everyone that they're not stupid. However, I recently read that Hasbro CEO, Jack Hasbro, located company HQ in a town called Bone Stupid, Rhode Island, so who knows...

What everyone seems to be forgettting is that the first few lines of Toybiz legends pretty much sucked to, cap and Ironman were the best, but even they were missing the things people gripe about now, finger articulation, paint washes...all that crap, and don't get me started on Toad or the Hulk's strange "half-fist" hands.

Hasbro is learning this line. Are there problems? Sure. But all I am saying is look at any toy line, it usually get's better as it goes along.

Now, the pics I have seen of the Brood Queen and Holocaust series look pretty damn good to me.

And so what if there are X3 figs in the lines, I happen to like them. I like having alternate, updated versions of classic characters.

I mean my god, can't we just be happy to be getting toys like this.

We could have nothing at all, you know.

Ok, now everyone can tell me I am wrong and insult my intellect, manhood, parentage, etc, etc ...l_21c59e25ee4c38ee272516cf15c4eb55.jpg

What does Hasbro need to learn to do? Everything TB had, Hasbro has. There are 15 waves plus all the side waves of ML to look at. They know what made the line successful. Nothing to learn, it's essentially only the name of the company that changed.

Go Hasbro! Yay!

That's all.

#WTF# For getting rid of the comics, not having nice worthy BAF's, cutting way less articulation & awful paint applications?

Whatever makes you happy man....but speak for yourself.... @hmmm@

Go Hasbro! Yay!

That's all.

#WTF# For getting rid of the comics, not having nice worthy BAF's, cutting way less articulation & awful paint applications?

Whatever makes you happy man....but speak for yourself.... @hmmm@

Right on!

What does Hasbro need to learn to do? Everything TB had, Hasbro has. There are 15 waves plus all the side waves of ML to look at. They know what made the line successful. Nothing to learn, it's essentially only the name of the company that changed.

Just because they had all of Toybiz's waves to look at doesn't mean that they will automatically know how to produce the same caliber figs. And as for my experience with ToyBiz legends, and stop me if I'm the only one, but a lot of my ToyBiz Legends had problems with very loose joints or crooked legs or arms. I had to return at least 2 - 3 figs out of every wave past the fourth wave due to these problems. When I bought Mr. Sinister, his fingers were barely hanging on because they hadn't fastened the peg good enough. Haven't had these problems yet with Hasbro legends.

But the thing that irks me the most, and this isn't just an action figure thing, is that it seems like these days all people wanna do is piss and moan and find fault with the new stuff that we get, be it toys, movies, video games or what have you. I mean for crap's sake, The same people who bitched that Megatron wasn't a gun in the movie were perfectly willing to accept that fact that he could be a Dinosaur in beast wars. And even though Prime was still a semi, he apparently wasn't the right kind, but I guarentee you that if he had been the firetruck that he once was, that would have been fine and dandy.

I mean Christ people. Can't we just let the little stuff go and be happy for a change.

I agree with ThundaStorm...Yay Hasbro!

And one last note for all the folks who want finger articulation, wrist articulation, thigh articualtion and butt articulation...it could be worse... they could turn the legends line into a series of Non-Figures like McFarlane churns out to no end. I can live without finger articulation, give my Hulk fists, my Ironman repulsor blast hands and my Thor one hand sculpted for Mjolnir and one fist to clobber Loki.

Absolutely, 100% WRONG.

If they have all this history to look at, why aren't they executing to that standard???

If you think "only the name of the company has changed" then you need to go back and look at some of TOY-BIZ's LEGENDS to realize how rong that statement is. Not all of them...just waves 1-15, all of the Box-Sets, all of the Face-offs, all of the SMCs, all of the XMCs, all of the FFCs, and the WALMART wave...that should help.

Go Hasbro! Yay!

That's all.

@peace@

Go Toybiz! Yay!

Yay for coming out with a line of comic base figures that totally kick the ace of any other comic figure out on the market now! They've created some great looking figures in their new line, granted some are using other figures as bases of their sculpts but, hell it works. I just really wish I could get behind the characters to buy the set. I just really appreciate a good figure.

Yay, for keeping the build-a-figures HUGE, detailed and with paint washes.

And all for the same price as Hasblow.

Can't we all accept that Hasblow is lazy and cheap! I mean they know what the collectors want and they don't do it, especially in a line that is marketed towards the collector not the 5 inch SM3 crap. Sure they might finally be coming out with characters that we've always wanted, but I've passed on them because they just pail in comparison. It is disappointing when I view a sculptors website that has done an awesome figure for Hasblow, and see how they've butchered it. The new waves are sculpted pretty darn good, but the final execution is poor.

Alright, I'll get down off of my soap box and let you guys that have more posts than I piss and moan about it.

Mike

Anybody can just look at how the old Action Figures by ToyBiz are selling on eBay to judge how these things are in demand. McFarlane Spidey, Dragon Man, the Destroyer, Captain America, Sentinel Series. These are well made products that the public just can't have enough of them. Nuff said. Hey I'm not exactly bidding on an Emma Frost, Ultimate Wolverine, Banshee or a Quicksilver. Don't care much for a Blob either, I'd rather have PITT !!!

Absolutely, 100% WRONG.

If they have all this history to look at, why aren't they executing to that standard???

If you think "only the name of the company has changed" then you need to go back and look at some of TOY-BIZ's LEGENDS to realize how rong that statement is. Not all of them...just waves 1-15, all of the Box-Sets, all of the Face-offs, all of the SMCs, all of the XMCs, all of the FFCs, and the WALMART wave...that should help.

That's what I am saying. Hasbro should be following what made TB ML successful, not change all this stuff and make the figures crap.

Exactly. They had the prototype for how to run the most successful comic action figure line...ever. All they had to do was change the packaging and keep the figures the same...they got it half right.

The "learning curve" excuse is a bunch of BS. The biggest toy company in the word shouldn't need a learning curve to continue a successful line that was handed to them on a platter.