JLU Hal Jodan: The Funeral

ActionFigureFool

OK.Sorry if this has been posted before,but I don't think I've seen the definitive,absolute answer given here for this.So,for those who might not know(I did'nt until yesterday).

I talked with a rep for Mattel on Friday at WWC and asked why they are not making Hal Jordan for the JLU line.Apparently, Warner Bros. owns the rights to this character and stipulated that beyond the few that were made for employees,that this figure never be made again.LAME.

Could we start a petition here?Not like it would matter,but I would like to see how many people would want this.

Our collections will always be missing the most important Lantern of all the Lanterns.

But,he did say that Shazam was among those they could use.Sweet.

When they made the employees only version, wasn't Hal still technically dead (or "Spectre") in the comics? Maybe at that time, they couldn't make him beyond the employee version due to some agreement with DC, but now that he is "alive" again in the comics and a GL again in the comics (as far as I know), then I would think he would be an option to be made in all the Mattel toy offerings, including JLU.

If they destroyed the head mold, they can easily make a new one, retaining the unique quality of the employee version.

Start a petition, I'll sign it!

ive wanted the fig since i first saw pics like 2 yrs ago

100_1653.JPG

Somehow they can find the "Rights" for the Batman series to have a Hal Green Lantern.

It is not about "rights" it is about promises or about keeping the figure special to those who worked hard on the series. I bet you see him in another form, but not from that mold.

sure keep it "special"

just like every other exclusive thats special to cons and stuff and then end up online for everybody to buy.

Hal's a great figure and I've wanted a Hal since I first heard they were making a JL cartoon in Timms style. (After Batman & Nightwing Hal's my favorate DC character.) And when I saw him in the cartoon I really wanted one. But Mattel can't make Hal, because WB said they only want the 100 they produced for their employees to be released.Does it suck? Yes it does, but we'll still get him in the "The Batman" line. Plus the Battle Leage figures have 2 of him so I'm sure the 6" line will have him as well. Still I'd love to replace my custom JLU Hal with a real one, but if not I can live with that.

I understand wanting to keep him special, but would that figure being in the special packaging make it special in its own right? If they released that same figure on the new purple packaging or in a three-pack it would make it different would it not? I mean isn't the special edition Hal figure just a John Stewart Green Lantern body w/a Hal head? So it's the head, the package, and the card that makes the figure special, something they could get around by just putting that figure in a regular JLU package and voila, not the same thing that they released only to employees. If they are really picky couldn't they just add white stripes to his hair? Am I wrong in this assumption about the packaging and figure and how to get around this problem?