Rumor: Next MP is Grimlock

Reminator

I wouldn't probably be able to afford it, for Joe or myself, but it would be nice to get. I loved Grimlock!

Makes sense, this is one that I've called, despite allegations of Grimlock's "unpopularity" in Japan. How unpopular can a giant robotic Tyrannosaur that transforms into a robot warrior be over there? ;)

Figure we'll be seeing Soundwave and Thundercracker as time goes on, maybe Shockwave if we're really lucky! If this does end up happening, I wonder if we'll see an outcry for the rest of the Dinobots...

NOW THE HUGE question will be of course if this is true. WILL HE BE IN SCALE WITH MEGS AND PRIME!!! And not the discrase size of Starscream. I want them in scale of what they were originally intended. This is why i was so steamed with Starscream! It possibly affects all FUTURE MPs because of its scale.

Yes I want to say I won't buy him if he is the same scale as SS ... how ever odds are I will anyways :S

I HOPE to heck he is at least as tall as mp prime and megs....

The only SUCKY thing about this if it is TRUE... which I won't believe till I see a pic at the least ... or word from takara about it ... is that...

it will take 10 +++ years to get the rest of the dinobots in the line ... :( If ever!! It will be very disapointing for me to have just ONE lone dinobot :( no matter how baddass he is :D

You know .... it would be kind of fun if we could get variant or some such of there cybertron modes... as well in the MP line I know I would buy TWWI based stuff for sure :) They can not do a MP bumblebee but Why not give us a MP BB that changes to his g1 toon cybertron mode?..

Hell I would buy that in a heart beat! :P

Yes I want to say I won't buy him if he is the same scale as SS ... how ever odds are I will anyways :S

I HOPE to heck he is at least as tall as mp prime and megs....

The only SUCKY thing about this if it is TRUE... which I won't believe till I see a pic at the least ... or word from takara about it ... is that...

it will take 10 +++ years to get the rest of the dinobots in the line ... :( If ever!! It will be very disapointing for me to have just ONE lone dinobot :( no matter how baddass he is :D

You know .... it would be kind of fun if we could get variant or some such of there cybertron modes... as well in the MP line I know I would buy TWWI based stuff for sure :) They can not do a MP bumblebee but Why not give us a MP BB that changes to his g1 toon cybertron mode?..

Hell I would buy that in a heart beat! :P

Trust me your not going to get all 5 dinobots in this line. If so it would take over 10 years to do because it takes every 2 years for another TRUE MP to come out. We've only had 3 true ones so far. It be waisting time to do the rest of the Dinobots after Grimlock. MP's are a different beast, its not like a classics line or a titanium where they release a whole family every whenever. This is once ever 2 years so selection is VERY VERY important. Only IMPORTANT HIGH MAINSTREAM characters allowed please. Galvatron, Hot Rod, etc.

dude try reading my post next time :P

& if grimlock does get made and IS a a popular seller I see no reason why they wouldn't consider doing a few more :P nothing you say to me is stuff I don't already know so save the smartassness for someone else!

NOW THE HUGE question will be of course if this is true. WILL HE BE IN SCALE WITH MEGS AND PRIME!!! And not the discrase size of Starscream. I want them in scale of what they were originally intended. This is why i was so steamed with Starscream! It possibly affects all FUTURE MPs because of its scale.

If anything he should be a little bit bigger. I agree that it'd suck BIG TIME if Grimmy was shorter than Prime or Megs, in bot mode at least. I can be a LITTLE forgiving on Starscream, but the Dinobots are supposed to be pretty huge.

& if grimlock does get made and IS a a popular seller I see no reason why they wouldn't consider doing a few more :P nothing you say to me is stuff I don't already know so save the smartassness for someone else!

I wasn't being a smart butt...but considering it doesn't seem likely unless they can crank it out in 2-3 years less time. And i did read your post, just reAFFIRMING that yes we aren't going to wait 10 years for it.

I wasn't being a smart butt...but considering it doesn't seem likely unless they can crank it out in 2-3 years less time. And i did read your post, just reAFFIRMING that yes we aren't going to wait 10 years for it.

Yeah my bad I shouldn't have jumped on ya sorry man :) Something about you're post just erked me the wrong way I guess :S

If true he possibly will be Prime and Megatrons size anything bigger and I can forget paying for it

I'd hate to suggest this but I wouldn't be shocked if he's smaller like Screamer @screamer@

Well I for one would be VERY surprised if he was smaller than Screamer. Didn't that have more to do with having to engineer a realistic F-15 Eagle? Grimlock's alt mode wouldn't be any bigger than his robot mode (no wingspan or anything like that) and he is a DINOSAUR for crying out loud. I'm thinking that the relative simplicity in design will afford a size comparable to Prime, and AT WORSE, similar to Starscream, but certainly not smaller than him. I mean, we'd be getting rather tiny at that point - if they want to do MP molds in that size, fine, but keep it to characters like Prowl, Ironhide, etc... a Grimlock that size would look incredibly out of place next to the other MPs and I don't think we'll see it, to be quite honest.

Dang! Just how much did they decrease Starscream's size? I'm glad they are supposedly coming out with an MP Grimlock, that classics one I found just wasn't doing it. Hehe, I was just watching the War of the Dinobots, and Grimlock, along with the rest of the Dinobots, stand over Prime. Does anyone have a picture of all the MP's together? Thanks!

Makes SS look even more like crap when they're all together.

rmp5megatron241gn9.jpg

Cool! Thanks for the photo. Yikes! SS looks like a midget! I might have to fashion some "lifts" for him, hehe. I really hope that the next MP is up to scale, so if Grimlock is SS size, then I'm less likely to buy. That MP SS is disappointing, in terms of height. Glad to see that MP Megatron stands eye to eye with Prime. Anyone know where i can git him cheap? Also, does anyone have a photo of the MP's and the Alternators standing together? Looks like SS is Alternator height. Thanks!