G.I. Joe 25th Anniversary DVD Complete Marvel Comic Series

bosskmr

Oh yeah, Todd on the Magnum 6 Delta web site has to do with this project. He said he might have them at the con. Check the JBL forums.

Edit: I tried to find the thread, but it is gone. Sorry fellas. All I remember from it is that there will be a small number of them for sale at the con.

DAMN too good to be true if they sold it in stores that would have been tight but i guesso nly at the con i hope smalljoes or brianstoys can carry this item

SmallJoes or BriansToys or anyone else who gets orders from Hasbro wouldn't dare carry this item as the G.I.Joe comics are property of Hasbro.

I would love to have this even though I have all of the Marvel comics myself. I would love to re-read the entire run but don't want to get the issues out or damage them.

I would like to get one

yeah a while back there was a Torrent with all the Joe marvel comics in one big archive. I downloaded it if anybody is just dying for a copy. Its not all fancy like that bootleg, but its real convienent to have around. I actually prefer reading comics on my laptop anyways.

Phanstar

So, this guy writes this review, and addresses the issue of how to obtain a copy... but doesn't actually tell you? What a maroon! :angry:

It's called a URL link, pal! Next time, provide one to the manufacturer's website, so people can order it! :P

So, if anyone's going to be at the Con, and wants to help a fan out, please PM me to let me know! Since Marvel discontinued their reprint TPB program, I've been wondering how I'm going to complete my Marvel comics collection affordably, since hunting down all the individual issues may end up being a costly and time-consuming process! This DVD will make it much easier, and much more affordable! :D

So, this guy writes this review, and addresses the issue of how to obtain a copy... but doesn't actually tell you? What a maroon! :angry:

It's called a URL link, pal! Next time, provide one to the manufacturer's website, so people can order it! :P

So, if anyone's going to be at the Con, and wants to help a fan out, please PM me to let me know! Since Marvel discontinued their reprint TPB program, I've been wondering how I'm going to complete my Marvel comics collection affordably, since hunting down all the individual issues may end up being a costly and time-consuming process! This DVD will make it much easier, and much more affordable! :D

There is not a link to publish. Todd with Magnum 6 Delta and some others (who, if I knew all their names, I would credit them) who privately made this. Todd will be at the con selling a limited number of these. I don't know if he will put them in a store or put them up on eBay after or what, I only know what I have been told first hand by an associate of Todd's.

There is not a link to publish. Todd with Magnum 6 Delta and some others (who, if I knew all their names, I would credit them) who privately made this. Todd will be at the con selling a limited number of these. I don't know if he will put them in a store or put them up on eBay after or what, I only know what I have been told first hand by an associate of Todd's.
I see. I was confused by the review, because the reviewer made it seem as if there WAS a way to buy this now for the $15 price he mentioned. <_<

But that's okay. I've already begun talking to people that will be at Joe Con, to enlist their help in obtaining this DVD. B)

What I'm trying to wrap my head around is how this can be made and sold (even by hand at the Con), without copyright laws coming into play.

Wow, normally I don't respond in this manner but your post pretty much warrants it. (I apologize if the original post was meant sarcastically. It's been a long weekend and I'm wiped.)

Who's the bigger "maroon"-- the person who puts a TWO links in his review and explains how to contact the DVD creator or the person who can't find the two afforementioned links (which are underlined and presented in a different font) and complains about this fact loudly on the internet?

It's called "reading comprehension", pal!

BTW-- you don't have to go to the con to get this. It's also covered in the review.

The whole point of the review is to inform fans of the existence of the disc without blatantly saying "GO TO X AND FILL OUT AN ORDER FORM". This is simply a fan-produced project-- a labor of love-- to put something in the hands of fans that Hasbro might not deem commercially viable. It's not a money-making project or any such nonsense. However, to come out and give explicit directions on how to order this is just something that the reviewer couldn't do for a variety of reasons that I don't think need to be discussed here.

So, to the original poster, pardon the inherent sarcasm in my reply but it really seems like folks just didn't read the review all that carefully.

• 1 year later...

I know it's been a looooong time since this topic was discussed, but the person that was supposed to pick one of these up at the con for me never came through. So, I found myself thinking about it again recently, and have finally emailed Todd as mentioned above. I hope it's still possible to get one of these. Marvel only got about a third of the way into the series before canceling their Trade PaperBack reprint program, and there's no real guarantee that current rights holder IDW will release the entire series in TPB form, either. We can hope that they'll eventually release the entire series, sure, but we have no real guarantee that they will. <_<

I know it's been a looooong time since this topic was discussed, but the person that was supposed to pick one of these up at the con for me never came through. So, I found myself thinking about it again recently, and have finally emailed Todd as mentioned above. I hope it's still possible to get one of these. Marvel only got about a third of the way into the series before canceling their Trade PaperBack reprint program, and there's no real guarantee that current rights holder IDW will release the entire series in TPB form, either. We can hope that they'll eventually release the entire series, sure, but we have no real guarantee that they will. <_<

Hey, i might be able to help you out with getting something close to this. Its not the exact same as what you see at general joes, but it is the entire gi joe cartoon series and all of the comics up to now. Shoot me a message if your interested.

I actually just downloaded the complete Marvel series.

At the IDW panel at NYCC, I asked them how much of the Marvel series they were planning on collecting. They said "all of it," including Special Missions. I imagine this could change depending on sales, but it seems like they're going for it.