Damn, the ole switcheroo

GPM in ICT

I been debating buying another Cobra five pack for a couple weeks now, but hadn't come across any more since I go my first one. I wanted anothe Cobra Trooper and figured I'd just eBay the other four figures. So I found a Cobra 5 pack last night and am ally glad I opened the flip top lid before I paid for it. Someone had taken the Trooper and replaced him with a Cobra Officer. So I went to customer service and told them about it, they thanked me and I left. Bet within a week it's back on the shelves. I just hope this isn't the start of a major problem.

Stores are always like that with returning returned merchandise to the pegs if they don't see anything wrong with it, and clueless employees usually don't see anything wrong. Everyone's seen switched out figures on the pegs at one point or another. My favorite is seeing corps figures.

That's really not a BAD switch. Now, if they had thrown some of those awful DTC Cobra troopers in there (I think someone already mentioned they'd seen that), then that would suck. I'd still buy that set because the Trooper is trade fodder to me, and the officer likewise.

went to Target next to my house and flipped the cover on a cobra set and saw that someone switched the trooper for the single carded CC. also on the same pack they had swithced the Destro for single pack SE. and to top it off, on the same pack they swithced the Baroness for some lame a$$ figure that i think is those cheap ones that Target stores sell with a bunch of vehicles.

i told one of the floor people and he just shook his head.

i wonder if this is a variant?! :lol

em

went to Target next to my house and flipped the cover on a cobra set and saw that someone switched the trooper for the single carded CC. also on the same pack they had swithced the Destro for single pack SE. and to top it off, on the same pack they swithced the Baroness for some lame a$$ figure that i think is those cheap ones that Target stores sell with a bunch of vehicles.

em

Wow! These switchers are good! I can't hardly open my own boxes (knife in hand) without tearing something.

em

Wow! These switchers are good! I can't hardly open my own boxes (knife in hand) without tearing something.

Same here. I'm always finding myself saying, "Boy, they didn't want you to get this thing open!" when I'm trying to open stuff these days.

Switching like that sucks. But, to be honest, what do you expect the employee to do? Why should they really care?

I suppose the switch makes the product "defective" but I've returned BROKEN merchandise only to find it on the shelves later.

While at Walmart the oher day I found Storm Shadow card with the bubble (and figure, of course), COMPLETELY ripped off.

Open em before you buy em.

I saw a Snake-Eyes switched with some old-school indian dude.

I see a lot of Cobra soldiers switched with the carded one.

What goes around ,comes around.

Security at Target told me they were going to get the guy using SKU# vs debit card and if that fails they can match the SKU# to the time returned and check the cameras.

Could you see going to jail for this?It would be the embarrasment of a lifetime.

Open em before you buy em.

I saw a Snake-Eyes switched with some old-school indian dude.

I see a lot of Cobra soldiers switched with the carded one.

What goes around ,comes around.

Security at Target told me they were going to get the guy using SKU# vs debit card and if that fails they can match the SKU# to the time returned and check the cameras.

Could you see going to jail for this?It would be the embarrasment of a lifetime.

But it would be funny as hell!

the fact that its adults that are doing this crap is what makes it even worse...today I saw 2 star wars clones switched out with crummy POTF versions, its sad really....I would really love to see one of those douchebags taking the fig to customer service so I could smack them upside the head!

The saddest thing is that some kid is going to get stuck with that crap.

That doesn't surprise me, especially in Wichita. I know people switch toys all over the place, but I've been to Wichita a few times and I always find toys that have been switched out.

i lived in wichita for about 4 years, and i only saw this done once. it was when i was first gettting back into gi joe in 2002. i bought a two pack of heavy duty and cobra claws. they'd switched out the cobra claws and replaced some generic corps fig, although at least it had an o-ring! the repackaging job was completely flawless so i thought it was some kind of variant. i emailed a pic to yojoe.com where they informed me of the illegal switcheroo practice.

• 7 months later...

It was a sad day at the walmart in kearney mesa. I went and saw two of the ace/wild weasel comic 2 packs, and a wave 1 2 pack. The problem was that both 2 packs had the wild weasels swapped out and in one was a legions cobra commander minus the helmet, and the other had scarface in place. I'm sure the stickers were gone two. The only thing right was the comic and the lazy eye ace figures. I can understand the 5 packs with the flip lid, but when you have 2 cards with the pic of the figures next to it, and the pics obviously don't match, and there had to have been the 2 returns like that which is sad. If it was done at once with both by the same person, thats just pathetic.