Thank Primus for Re-Issues

king kahn

now i am sure there is someone that HATES that some hard to find or very sought after toys have been released in the past few years but i am PUMPED!!

In the past 4-5 years i have seen my g1 collection become greatly increased while not decreasing my bank in the process. the re-releases have actually made me a larger fan i think since i get to recapture my childhood with pristine toys(the old ones were shabby or gone) while embracing the new.

i AM sort of mad to have missed out on a few due to other obligations over the past couple years but at least they are a sight cheaper than what they WOULD have been 5 years ago. i think the only ones i really missed out on were the insecticons and galvatron. other than that i am content so far. just waiting for dinobots*crosses fingers*

is there anyone that feels a little bad that maybe their original MISB collections arent as valuable as they once were?

also what is the one re-issue that you are the MOST excited when you got it? for me it is HANDS down : predaking

a tie for second is megatron and soundwave.

so...what say you all?

:) :) Yeah, I'm just blessed by these reissues. They brought me back childhood memories as well my love for these G1 figures. Also, now I am able to get the one that I never had when I was a kid. And of course the biggest gain is that I don't have to spend ton of money for these reissues!

I remembered my first joy when I found out the UMagnus reissue back in 2000. I started getting UMagnus, then Hot Rod, later Prime, and now my collection expanded to 200+ of action figures.

I have all the re-issues except for the Kup/Wheelie-set, Ricochet/Stepper and Targetmaster Hot Rod. Mainly because had the originals of Kup and Hot Rod, don't care for Stepper and seriously hate Wheelie :D;)

I was most excited with Prime, Soundwave and Predaking, but was excited with every re-issue to be honest.

Oh, just remembered: I don't have Sixshot either!

I would have to say that the greatest re-issues to date would have to be the ones that were never available to the U.S. That is unless you had a lot of luck & were willing to spend up to $500.00 for each, all the true transformer junkies know where I'm going with this... None other than Twincast & Soundblaster!

I just wish there were more. Those EHobby reissues of Trailbreaker, Ramjet, Thrust, Ratchet and Ironhide are going for insane prices right now, and there's no reason whatsoever for Takara not to give them another go, since they obviously have the molds. Thundercracker and Skywarp, too, while they're at it - the oversized missiles on my Hasbro reissues are starting to bug me...

I'd like to see them get the molds to Sunstreaker, Mirage and Wheeljack, s well as the Dinobots. We're seeing way too many recent knockoffs right now, which means Takara should be taking legal action to get those molds back. It'd be nice if they could come to some sort of agreement with Bandai to do a Jetfire as well.

Yes I am surprised Takara has not jumped on these guys to get the molds back... maybe they are waiting to see if they dig more out or something I do not know but Why they are not shuting them down if anything is beyond me ... SOme of these guys are putting out the KOs as real product but its cra* and only serves to make takara look BAD! Not only are they putting it out as real product but they are charging full price if not MORE than what takara would charge for them!

Those royal ass hole$ putting out swoop for example!

I don't know about japan but I don't think theres a single person here who calls them selfs a fanboy of g1 who would pass on a REAL reissuse swoop! I know I'd plunk down a good $50 for one! I would love to see

Mini bots again

casset tape boxed sets

fort max in g1 colors with all the trimings such as the power master and pretender shells & sword & what not!

Wheeljack! <--Comeon!!!

to name a few be put out! where is the love for g1 here? :) Heck give us things past g1 again such as power masters & headmasters & target masters Catch onto current movie ?hype?lol & give us target master sourge & the purple guy from the movie! even & skylynxs! Shockwave!

overlord!! (?right name?.. ?powermaster? badguy big robot with the ship and tank & female and male powermasters that always fought with ginra)

Seacons! boxed set we know they can do this one! they did it in bw neo or whatever...

Here is a theory... what if Takara actually sold the molds during the time when they werent doing so well... therefore they really dont have the grounds for a lawsuit... and maybe some of these toys that we labeled KO arent really KO... just a thought...

There's no reason to think that happened. I mean, these are being produced in China (where copywrites barely exist, if at all), packaged to look like original Takara products - I'm not sure why anyone would think this is being done legally, at least from anyone's perspective outside China. Still, I think Takara can get these molds back, as long as the government of China cooperates.

Purple Galvatron, show colors Astrotrain and show-accurate-head Bumblebee really helped sell the line for more potential. Ressiues on the hwole are nice, shame TRU had to charge too much for them overall. But we got decent Megatrons, God Ginrai, Soundwave, Soundblaster, Twincast, etc too. Plus new stuff like Flipsides and the KP tapes.

yes TRU screwed up the sales I think of these state side because of there high prices, hasbro said they wanted tru to have them at lower prices if I remember right as well :D

Here is a theory... what if Takara actually sold the molds during the time when they werent doing so well... therefore they really dont have the grounds for a lawsuit... and maybe some of these toys that we labeled KO arent really KO... just a thought...

There's no reason to think that happened. I mean, these are being produced in China (where copywrites barely exist, if at all), packaged to look like original Takara products - I'm not sure why anyone would think this is being done legally, at least from anyone's perspective outside China. Still, I think Takara can get these molds back, as long as the government of China cooperates.

We know that China is land of KO... but in the case of Swoop... dont you find it odd that they would choose him out of all the G1 dinobots to do... wouldnt Grimlock be the more obvious choice... and why Takara have made no action against this... What I would do if I was Takara and assuming they still have the mold is announce a reissue of the Dinobots... that would deflate the prices of KO Swoop... and them making a lot of money in the process... I just dont buy the excuse of mold being stolen or damaged... thats what they said about Soundwave...

I am really stoked for Encore Prime. I have wanted an unopened G1 Prime for a long time. I;m not a MOC kind of guy, I really wanted the joy of opening one for the first time! I saw some at Botcon and Ebay, but I didn't want to pay an arm and a leg. I am really excited about getting one now! Reissue or not, he's G1 Prime to me!

:) :) The Encore Prime is actually pretty darn good. If I haven't had the reissue Prime, Pepsi Prime, and the MISB NY Prime, I would've gladly purchased the Encore Prime. But three Prime is enough for me. The one thing I like about the Encore Prime is that both of his shoulder sticker is now painted just like Pepsi Prime. However, I don't like the clear canopy on Encore Screamer.

We know that China is land of KO... but in the case of Swoop... dont you find it odd that they would choose him out of all the G1 dinobots to do... wouldnt Grimlock be the more obvious choice... and why Takara have made no action against this... What I would do if I was Takara and assuming they still have the mold is announce a reissue of the Dinobots... that would deflate the prices of KO Swoop... and them making a lot of money in the process... I just dont buy the excuse of mold being stolen or damaged... thats what they said about Soundwave...

Swoop because they are not dumb and know he is in very high demand and how hard it is to find him in good shape! As for takara for the same reason why they don't seem to do anything on any KOs... Look at how many are out there... Plus I think I remember reading that surprisingly TFing Dinos do not do well in japan :S

The reason I find it shocking that they have not done anything though is because in swoops case isn't his mold suppose to be long lost and broken or whatever same with the rest of the dinobots ?.. :S I remember reading stuff like that too... So I would think takara would want these long lost molds that were found again back!

I think it's rather obvious by now that China does not recognize any business laws outside of China. So in that case, what can anyone do? Invade China to get some toy molds back?

Besides, from what I know, it was HASBRO who sold off the factory that had all those molds stored in it and which they're being produced in now. Either way, if Hasbro or Takara COULD do anything about it, you can bet they would have LONG ago.

The only hope they probably have is if they are somehow eventually able to buy back the molds.

Of course, it could also be that neither had any plans to produce these figs anyway so they just let it go so the fans could be happy and get those figs.

I am hyped for the newest reissuses of op soundwave megs and starscream in nice g1 styled boxes my self !:)

& yes predaking was amazing!

MAN they BETTER do Predaking again! They didn't really do a huge run the first time and they all blew out fast so I really don't know what's stopped them from making more.

But I missed out on most of the reissues and sold off the few I did have when I saw no point in continuing. The cost to get all that I missed was far too much. Now I'll get all of these encore reissues for a little more than what a Prime or Megs is going for.

I wouldn't be surprised if we saw predaking out misb g1 style single format... I mean its a $$$ maker right there...

I'd be tempted to get them again my self!! Infact if they did not RUSH them all out at once but slowly giving people time $$$ wise I WOULD buy another set :)