Waves 2 & 3

jinx723

I was just wondering, the 25th Anniversary Box sets and wave one left the Hasbro warehouses on June 25th. They are just getting "mass" release from all the threads I've been reading everywhere from K-mart to Walmart. That's a month and a half before we got to see'em at retailers #WTF# . While at SDCC we found out that the next two waves are to be released Sept. and Oct. now does that mean we'll have to wait until Nov. maybe even Dec. before we see them on pegs or will they be available on the month of their mentioned release months? Now are you all patience enough to wait and get them at brick & mortars or will you just get them on-line as soon as they're available?

I think I'm going to go the online route from now on. Stores in PR have a mean mark-up on everything. Couple that with nasty traffic and collector competition; I'll save money and time by hitting the source online (HTS).

I would think that it would have to do on sales, everywhere I go I am seeing them sell and I would think that we could see the other waves as early as late Sept/early Oct and then perhaps wave 3 end of oct/begining of Nov. That is why I pre ordered at least one of each so that I can get them when they first ship.

I was just wondering, the 25th Anniversary Box sets and wave one left the Hasbro warehouses on June 25th. They are just getting "mass" release from all the threads I've been reading everywhere from K-mart to Walmart. That's a month and a half before we got to see'em at retailers #WTF# . While at SDCC we found out that the next two waves are to be released Sept. and Oct. now does that mean we'll have to wait until Nov. maybe even Dec. before we see them on pegs or will they be available on the month of their mentioned release months? Now are you all patience enough to wait and get them at brick & mortars or will you just get them on-line as soon as they're available?

Hasbro has been announcing the official launch date of 25th stuff as "August" for the entirety of 2007...so here it is, August, and sure enough, they're hitting mass release.

This is how distribution works:

- Hasbro warehouses ship product to retailer "DC's"

- Retailer DC's organize product, analyze sales, prioritize shipments

- Retailer DC's ship product to brick & mortar stores based on priority

- Brick & Mortar stores receive product

- Brick & Mortar stores put product on shelves

This is absolutely not an instantaneous process. These items are often shipped by truck and it takes time to process shipments and allocate them to the correct locations. So far things have gone exactly as Hasbro has told us (as far as when these would be available). Heck, I told folks a while ago that these wouldn't be hitting strong until the August "resets" (which are just happening now). So, if Hasbro is saying September, October, well, I'd take them at their word. ;)

Justin

Well I found wave 1 figures and 5 packs about 3 or 4 weeks ago in multiple stores. maybe i just got lucky on this first round but I think I'm going to take my chances on the next wave and wait till i found them in stores. Maybe Atlanta is close to a distribution center. And honestly i don't think there is much joe collector compitetion around me... either that or i hit the stores more often than they do! :)

Well I found wave 1 figures and 5 packs about 3 or 4 weeks ago in multiple stores. maybe i just got lucky on this first round but I think I'm going to take my chances on the next wave and wait till i found them in stores. Maybe Atlanta is close to a distribution center. And honestly i don't think there is much joe collector compitetion around me... either that or i hit the stores more often than they do! :)

Heh, I'm probably about the only competition, but I'm covering the area North of Atlanta. I saw my first 25th about 2-1/2 weeks ago, but it was at a local K-Mart about 5 min away and hardly anybody goes there.