DC Classics,Metalmen & Doom Patrol? Yes/No?

thanos0341

I'm not a huge fan of either of these 2 obscure teams, but, they've been around since the 60s & have loyal fans. So now that Mattel has the rights to the entire DCU & the 4HM have already shown they sculpt some of the best classic versions of our DC characters, would anyone be down for them doing boxsets of these 2 teams?

Metalmen

Metal-men.jpg

Doom Patrol

DoomPatrol.jpg

Put me down for wanting a boxset of the Doom Patrol. I know a little about the Metalmen, but I'd rather see a George Perez styled boxset of the New Teen Titans with Beast Boy, Cyborg, Nightwing, Raven and Starfire.

Put me down for wanting a boxset of the Doom Patrol. I know a little about the Metalmen, but I'd rather see a George Perez styled boxset of the New Teen Titans with Beast Boy, Cyborg, Nightwing, Raven and Starfire.

While I am a huge & I mean huge Perez fan, I don't want Mattel & the 4HM to start going the DCDirect route & start making artist specific waves!

I love that their sculpts are non-artist themed, yet, comic accurate.

If Artist themed Titans is what you want, DCdirect is coming out with a Perez based wave of TT figs that will include Terra, Jericho, Robin & unmasked Deathstroke in mid 08. Probably to coincide with the release of the DTV Judas Contract animated movie.

But, do you really want out of scale, limited to 9 POA, figures? Or 6"' scaled, comic accurate, multiple POA, vanilla posed,classic versions of the Titans done by the 4HM?

Mattel getting the rights to the entire DCU is great for us DC fans, cuz now you have the choice of going to DCDirect if Artist/storyline themed waves is your cup of tea, or if you're like me, buying scale compatible 6"' DC classics figures with multiple POA, none pre-posed & featuring the awesome sculpts of the 4HM!

I'm down for the MEtal Men and/or a BAF of the giant form they take when they come together. As far as Doom Patrol..... I like Beast Boy and Robotman but that is about it.

While I am a huge & I mean huge Perez fan, I don't want Mattel & the 4HM to start going the DCDirect route & start making artist specific waves!

If Artist themed Titans is what you want, DCdirect is coming out with a Perez based wave of TT figs that will include Terra, Jericho, Robin & unmasked Deathstroke in mid 08. Probably to coincide with the release of the DTV Judas Contract animated movie.

But, do you really want out of scale, limited to 9 POA, figures? Or 6"' scaled, comic accurate, multiple POA, vanilla posed,classic versions of the Titans done by the 4HM?

Mattel getting the rights to the entire DCU is great for us DC fans, cuz now you have the choice of going to DCDirect if Artist/storyline themed waves is your cup of tea, or if you're like me, buying scale compatible 6"' DC classics figures with multiple POA, none pre-posed & featuring the awesome sculpts of the 4HM!

Heh, didn't think my post would start such a conversation. I guess I should've said a New Teen Titans boxset done in the style of the comic circa early 1980s, that work? @lol@ I have bought just ONE DCD figure thus far, and for the most part, I don't think I have missed out on much. Especially since Mattel now has the rights to make almost anyone in the DCU, I think I was better off passing on a majority of the DCD figures...just my opinion though.

Yes, I actually saw the Perez styled Teen Titans at SDCC. They looked great, so I "might" consider buying a few, namely Terra and Jericho. Still though, I would much rather prefer 6" scaled versions, with multiple POA of any DCU character, sculpted by the 4HM...no doubt about it.

My only concern and it is a HUGE one, is if Mattel will get their act together and release the DC Classics line with better distribution than their current DC Superheroes line. I know I'm not the only one who thinks this either. Now that Mattel has such a wide range of DCU characters at their fingertips, they better start improving the case assortments. In sum, I think this is something they NEED to do. They continue to say they are looking at this issue, but I'll wait to see if it happens first.

Heh, didn't think my post would start such a conversation. I guess I should've said a New Teen Titans boxset done in the style of the comic circa early 1980s, that work? @lol@ I have bought just ONE DCD figure thus far, and for the most part, I don't think I have missed out on much. Especially since Mattel now has the rights to make almost anyone in the DCU, I think I was better off passing on a majority of the DCD figures...just my opinion though.

Yes, I actually saw the Perez styled Teen Titans at SDCC. They looked great, so I "might" consider buying a few, namely Terra and Jericho. Still though, I would much rather prefer 6" scaled versions, with multiple POA of any DCU character, sculpted by the 4HM...no doubt about it.

My only concern and it is a HUGE one, is if Mattel will get their act together and release the DC Classics line with better distribution than their current DC Superheroes line. I know I'm not the only one who thinks this either. Now that Mattel has such a wide range of DCU characters at their fingertips, they better start improving the case assortments. In sum, I think this is something they NEED to do. They continue to say they are looking at this issue, but I'll wait to see if it happens first.

Well, if Mattel wants to make back the huge amount of $$ it spent to aquire the rights to the DCU, they would be pretty stupid not to fix/correct the distribution problems they've had with the Bat/supes line.

I'm pretty confident they'll make the DCC line alot easier for us to find on the pegs come Jan 08!

As for the main topic, I'd be all over the Metalmen boxset, Doom patrol would be Robotman, Beast boy & unknown soldier for me.

I'm not a huge fan of either of these 2 obscure teams, but, they've been around since the 60s & have loyal fans. So now that Mattel has the rights to the entire DCU & the 4HM have already shown they sculpt some of the best classic versions of our DC characters, would anyone be down for them doing boxsets of these 2 teams?

Metalmen

Metal-men.jpg

Doom Patrol

DoomPatrol.jpg

metal men, yes, this doom patrol, no this is not the classic, beast boy was never in the classic doom patrol, I used to read that when I was 10