seperating card from bubble and protecting figures/filecards

Valdin

Ok, I got a question here. Before I didn't care and just clipped the file card and the rest wasn't really that important. But now looking at the cards, I like these every much and want to know the best way to seperate the card from the bubble without messing up the card. I want to save the cards mint in a folder, while displaying the figures on a bookshelf, or my desk. Also another question, I want to put the file cards I do have in a binder, kinda like baseball cards with the clear sleeves. Does anyone have any good ideas or alternatives to holding file cards besides in a shoebox which was what I was doing.

Also, lastly, I was in wallyworld the other day looking for the new figures, which I finally found!! Woohoo!! (They must have just put them up because I got all the new ones, and there were only 2 se left afterwards) So after I got the figures I was still looking around and found a clear matchbox case for holding vehicles, and thought it would be good if it was a little longer to hold the figures and weapons if transporting/moving/storing. Does anyone have any good idea for holding the figures seperatly with thier weapons somehow? Or is that a bad idea and someone has a better idea? Thanks for the input and help. I appreciate it.

I've never done it, but I have heard that if you use a blowdryer or steam you can melt the glue from the bubble and seperate them easily. perhaps someone can confirm this for you.

in walmart over in the hardware section by the screws and stuff they have a clear storage case that can fit 12 joes. just like the matchbox cas holds cars. also they have one over in the fishing stuff its clear but theres a brand name written on it.

TM

I was actually thinking that, because I did hear that before, but wasn't sure if it would mess up the card. Thats why I was a little hesitant about doing that and wanted to see if it works or someone has a better idea. Thanks for the input, I appreciate it!!

Like everyone else in this thread, I've never tried it, but my first thought was some kind of heat application to dissolve the glue. I would think it'd be relatively easy to accomplish.

well, Ill give it a try, thank you very much guys!!

What should I do about the old filecards? Does anyone have any good ideas on protective sheets like baseball card sheets that I could use to put them in a binder, or have any better ideas thats not a shoebox lol

Thanks in advance.

Be careful if you use heat, as it can warp the plastic (known from experience). :D

I tried the blow dryer method on a Flint figure I bought to customize but I'm thinking they are using a better glue than before b/c it didn't loosen up at all. I even put the blow dryer on the highest heat setting and right up to the card but no luck(it didn't warp the card either). Maybe my wife's blow dryer isn't hot enough or these new packages are using material that can withstand the heat. ????

I just use an Xacto blade to cut the bubble off as close to the card as I can.

As for storage, I got a storage cabinet from a home improvement place that's just the right size for the figures, but it doesn't have "lids" so I'm not sure how well it will work. Right now I just have the figures in ziplock bags.

Let the cards sit for enough decades, and the glue will eventually get old and just let go of the bubble. Of course that requires more years than you're willing to wait.

I just use an Xacto blade to cut the bubble off as close to the card as I can.

That's what I do. I don't care if there's a small amount of plastic left on the card.

Let the cards sit for enough decades, and the glue will eventually get old and just let go of the bubble. Of course that requires more years than you're willing to wait.

It takes about 15 years.

I've picked up some "MOC" Night Vultures and the bubble just, well, fell off when I got them. Course, it COULD be that I got them from Europe.

they don't really use glue anymore, it's more of a heat sealed method, that's why heating it wont really do anything.. I did get a SE and SS that the bubbles are almost coming off.. I think the cards were warped by the hot weather, so I'd say try to steam it open???

I too do the Xacto method, I've been doing that with my SW and Joes for a while now, I kinda dig the cards "untouched"

I use the xacto method to open all of my figures. I do want to get a bubble off intact so I can reseal it with a custom figure inside.

BTW, if you use steam, want it make the paper on the card come off or bubble up?

Best way to remove the bubble is to cut the bottom end of the bubble (closest to the card) all around. Once removed u have just the plastic strip on the card and at that point u can either leave it or slowly pull it off and that will leave u wit a very small tear but it wouldn't completey destroy the card! Hope that helps!

As for the the storeage of the cut cards they sell pages that fit them prefectly in to a binder.

Thanks guys for all the input. I did the exacto on the new figures lastnight, and am really liking the end results of the card. ( I should have done that YEARS ago lol!!) I am still floored at how good the new figures look.

I looked in wallyworld, in the hardware dept but didnt find the clear case Toilet monkey was talking about, but that was 1 walmart. Ill check sears tonight to see what they have and see if I can find the pages for the 5 packs filecards and for sleeves to put the cards in for a binder. I'm in san diego, so lots of places I can look, and if need I can look online for Items. When I was at walmart lastnight, the spot that the gijoes was in was now filled with those generic hero corps figures, like 6 pegs full, and no pegs for the gijoes. They condensed the pegs for sigma 6, and looked like they were setting up a new mod. Still no sign of the 5 packs in stores besides toysrus where I got the cobra pack. Haven't been back there in a couple weeks. Im glad I got 2 of the 5 packs from the comic con,and even happier, that I got 1 signed by Sgt slaughter!! I got to talk to him and he said he likes the new figures, and they(hasbro) just sent him the same 5 pack in the mail.

I'm kinda hoping the Joecon next year is a little closer to home ( i hate flying). I would have loved to go to the Joecon this year to see Rowdy Roddy Pipper, and hopefully meet you guys, you are a great lot!!

• 4 weeks later...

As far as saving the cards/file cards goes, I bought a binder from target to put the pocket sheet protectors in as well as some photo page refills to put in binder. I put them in alternating order, now my problem is those were the only photo sheets they had, and they are too big for the binder and for most binders they had there even the photo albums themselves. The photo pages were for 3x5 photos, so i thought they would fit but they are swimming on there just like the figure cards are swimming in the sheet protectors. I was thinking about putting bags and boards in as well for the cards but I want to be abled to see both sides of the card in the album. Anyone have any better ideas or suggestions? Much appreciated. Thanks!!