Hasbro on Number of Marvel Legends Waves in 2007

Ryno

4-5 releases per year is a good number, but I refuse to count that Spidey movie line as a Legends wave. For me, it's the spacing of the waves from which I hope Hasbro works out the kinks. The wait between Series 1 & 2 wouldn't have seemed near as long if Series 1 wasn't release so hot on the heels of TB's Series 15 and Series 2 didn't have such widespread distribution problems. Think Series 1 released in Feb and Series 2 released in May.

Series 3 released in Oct makes Hasbro planning lose credibility and is cause for people on the fence to jump on the anti-Hasbro bandwagon. If we'd have seen Series 3 hitting stores now, Series 4 AND the FF wave in Nov, a lot more collectors would be singing Hasbro's praises.

That's why Hasbro needs to treat the movie lines and regular Legends line as 2 distinct products. To me, the movie line should be marketed to kids and movie fans before and during the time of a movie's release. When Hasbro releases Iron Man figures next year, there should be a line of figures based on the movie that comes out just before the movie's release. Then, to capitalize on the movie hype, make a line of Legends IM figures based on classic comic book heroes and villians. Suggestions anyone?

It seems Hasbro is starting to get it by releasing the Spidey movie line as all one series, but this fall? Again the timing stinks... AND... where's the Legends line dedicated to the comic book classics to cash in on the movie hype? It would have been a good time for a Tarantula, Chameleon/Jameson, Silver Sable, Hammerhead and comic-book-look-Mary Jane!!

4-5 releases per year is a good number, but I refuse to count that Spidey movie line as a Legends wave. For me, it's the spacing of the waves from which I hope Hasbro works out the kinks. The wait between Series 1 & 2 wouldn't have seemed near as long if Series 1 wasn't release so hot on the heels of TB's Series 15 and Series 2 didn't have such widespread distribution problems. Think Series 1 released in Feb and Series 2 released in May.

Series 3 released in Oct makes Hasbro planning lose credibility and is cause for people on the fence to jump on the anti-Hasbro bandwagon. If we'd have seen Series 3 hitting stores now, Series 4 AND the FF wave in Nov, a lot more collectors would be singing Hasbro's praises.

That's why Hasbro needs to treat the movie lines and regular Legends line as 2 distinct products. To me, the movie line should be marketed to kids and movie fans before and during the time of a movie's release. When Hasbro releases Iron Man figures next year, there should be a line of figures based on the movie that comes out just before the movie's release. Then, to capitalize on the movie hype, make a line of Legends IM figures based on classic comic book heroes and villians. Suggestions anyone?

It seems Hasbro is starting to get it by releasing the Spidey movie line as all one series, but this fall? Again the timing stinks... AND... where's the Legends line dedicated to the comic book classics to cash in on the movie hype? It would have been a good time for a Tarantula, Chameleon/Jameson, Silver Sable, Hammerhead and comic-book-look-Mary Jane!!

i agree with you on some point but what i think they are trying to do with the movie line and the FF legends is find out what will sell more. also the movie is to satify fans who didn't like the idea of a 5" movie toy. they are also able to bring out more baf this way as well so im all for the special waves.

It seems Hasbro is starting to get it by releasing the Spidey movie line as all one series, but this fall? Again the timing stinks... AND... where's the Legends line dedicated to the comic book classics to cash in on the movie hype?

Fall will be when we see the release of the Spiderman 3 and FF2 DVDs, so there is some synchronicity there in terms of rekindled consumer interest/awareness.

It seems Hasbro is starting to get it by releasing the Spidey movie line as all one series, but this fall? Again the timing stinks... AND... where's the Legends line dedicated to the comic book classics to cash in on the movie hype?

Fall will be when we see the release of the Spiderman 3 and FF2 DVDs, so there is some synchronicity there in terms of rekindled consumer interest/awareness.

in other words Hasbro aren't complete idiot when it come to marketing

No one cares about movie figures. LESS Movie figures marvel...leave them as a separate line away from Legends especially.

Well, the problem is that Hasbro DID that... they made movie toys for kids, 5", stupid action features.... everyone bitched and hated and Hasbro learned from that. So, it seems everyone does care about movie figures, but they usually stopped caring when ToyBiz made 12714987148709 Spider-Man figures with action features. I like this approach... I like it a lot, you can get all these figures, get yourself a free figure (BAF) while you're at it and you don't have to worry about hindering action features and what to do with all those lame-o accessories.. right?

No one cares about movie figures. LESS Movie figures marvel...leave them as a separate line away from Legends especially.

Well, the problem is that Hasbro DID that... they made movie toys for kids, 5", stupid action features.... everyone bitched and hated and Hasbro learned from that. So, it seems everyone does care about movie figures, but they usually stopped caring when ToyBiz made 12714987148709 Spider-Man figures with action features. I like this approach... I like it a lot, you can get all these figures, get yourself a free figure (BAF) while you're at it and you don't have to worry about hindering action features and what to do with all those lame-o accessories.. right?

I personally love movie figures, just not so much the 5 inch ones. I hope now that Spider-man 3 has it's own 6 inch movie line, maybe they'll make an X3 one finally.

I think the Hulk Movie figures sucking is the reason none of us got Absorbing Man and Abomination. Retailers were gunshy about ordering Hulk Classics because they had so many peg warming Movie Hulk needing to be clearanced out.

While I conceed I can see releasing more figures this fall to coincide with the movie release (and Christmas gift buying), I really don't care as long as they stay separate from the regular ML line. It sucks to have to buy a Jean Grey and Juggernaut X3 that I don't want to complete a Blob. If they're going to make MLX3 figures, give the collector's their own separate wave of them.

While I'm in Khamla's camp as a guy who doesn't want any movie figures, period, obviously there are fans that do. I just don't want them to compromise the regular ML line. So, when the Iron Man movie comes out, make a ML movie line AND a regular IMML line consisting of top vote getters from the IM thread.

I'm happy if at least 4 regular lines are released in a year, I just don't want it to turn into something where the ML movie figures surplants the regular line. Hasbro indicated that's the case by moving Series 4 into 2008. Maybe I don't speak for everyone, but I'd rather get my hands on Black Bolt and Tigra (Grrrrr baby) that another set of Spiderman movie figures...

Thinking about it, I really don't like having movie figures I don't want in a BAF line. If they were going to add Movie figures into the regular case assortments, but not have them be a necessity purchase in order to get a specific BAF part, I'd be cool with that. Just have them come with NO BAF part at all.

I personally love movie figures, just not so much the 5 inch ones. I hope now that Spider-man 3 has it's own 6 inch movie line, maybe they'll make an X3 one finally.

You are The Only One who loves movie figures. Nobody loves them. Nobody.

You are The Only One who loves movie figures. Nobody loves them. Nobody.

Actually I love movie lines too. However, I have a complaint with them. Why can nobody understand that we like all the characters in the movie, but for some reason we always get 1,000 different main characters (spidey, batman, hulk, ect) in either weird funky forms that weren't even in the movies, and characters that I would like to see get left out. Example, Mary Jane, Harry O, Dr. Conners, Peter Parker. That said I still love them the f4 movie toys are probably my favorite version of them to date, including legend versions

If movie figures are up to snuff in terms of detailing and articulation, then I'm all for them. Decent movie figures have proven to be few and far between, at both Hasbro and Toy Biz. It's like they expect us to buy crap just because there's a movie out. If they want us to get them, they have to be good.

• 1 month later...
If movie figures are up to snuff in terms of detailing and articulation, then I'm all for them. Decent movie figures have proven to be few and far between, at both Hasbro and Toy Biz. It's like they expect us to buy crap just because there's a movie out. If they want us to get them, they have to be good.

Well said. I think Hasbro did a good job with the X3 Juggarnaut figure. I'll get one for sure if Hasbro made a X3 Wolverine to battle with.

It's funny that the guy defends Legends by saying they've released 5 Series this year, or they will be as of right now it's been just HML1 and HML2. We've gotten the same amount of Series from LCBH in 3 months. As I mentioned in another topic, this is like a calm before a storm of 3 series released like bam-bam-bam one after the other.