More DCSH customs from Cal!!

drkknght64

Hey all, I posted this on AFI and the DCD message boards and thought you all would be interested in seeing. Cal has completed some new DCSH customs for me and some upgrades. The link is below and for the newest pics go to the albums of; recent, new additions and upgrades comments are always welcome and I will pass them all on to Cal who is very busy doing more customs, lol, thanks all!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9214425@N03/

If Mattel didn't have the rights to the DCU, I'd be getting all my fav JLers & villians done by Cal!

I swear his Orion, Reddy & Etrigan look almost identical to the ones the 4HM are putting out!

Unbelievable custom jobs by Cal!

If the versions the 4HM are giving us are remotely as good as Cal's, we are in for some great times!

Wow, tremendous work. You've certainly perfected your craft at customizing these DC Characters, very impressive. I'll be one happy DC Classics fan if any of Mattel's future figures look this good ;)

thanks all for the kind words, I am in the process of copying and pasting the comments to word so I can give them to Cal

I LOVE the Firestorm (Ronnie Raymond) and the Etrigan, how MUCH does he charge for these??? I would differently Get those two.

His work is absolutely amazing. So clean looking.

I do have a question: Are his customs poseable? The paint looks so professionally done, I hardly see any original colors sticking out from the joint cracks....

Thanks for sharing! :)

thanks all for the kind words, I am in the process of copying and pasting the comments to word so I can give them to Cal

I LOVE the Firestorm (Ronnie Raymond) and the Etrigan, how MUCH does he charge for these??? I would differently Get those two.

sorry for the late posting, just got up, lol, it's past 9 a.m. here in Germany and Cal for these two charges, $160-$180

and he always welcomes input and Demon is from his little stint in the Shadowpact comic, I sent him the pics

His work is absolutely amazing. So clean looking.

I do have a question: Are his customs poseable? The paint looks so professionally done, I hardly see any original colors sticking out from the joint cracks....

Thanks for sharing! :)

yeah, no problem and sorry for the late posting, just woke up, it's past 9a.m. here in Germany and oh yeah, they are posable, I may have to lose some articulation for the sculpt like Guy Gardner, he had to lose his waist twist and the only place they do rub is under the armpits

hawkman is excellent as well as kyle jordan gl.

yeah, this costume of Hawkman is from the comic series, Rann/Thanagar War. I just sent the pics to Cal and let him know specifically what accessories I wanted and well, there you go :D hawkman is going to be even better, Cal has him back in his studio and is giving Hawkman, two sets of removable wings, it's going to be awesome :D I will post more pics once he has finished Hawkman again and when he has completed more customs

WOW!! Those customs are awesome, the paint looks perfect, lines are so clean, sculpting is superb!

Youre goingt to have quite a collection there. Im jealous now.

Any more pics of the Majestic custom? Hes one of my favorite characters and there arnt many Majestic customs out there.

WOW!! Those customs are awesome, the paint looks perfect, lines are so clean, sculpting is superb!

Youre goingt to have quite a collection there. Im jealous now.

Any more pics of the Majestic custom? Hes one of my favorite characters and there arnt many Majestic customs out there.

thanks and sorry no, Majestic was a surprise to me but I took him anyways but I didn't have Majestic scheduled on my list of customs for Cal to do until Nov 07.

Amazing how similar Cal's customs are to the actual versions that the 4HM did!

RedTornadovariant.jpgRedTornado-Cals.jpg

DCSH Version

Etrigan2.jpg

Cal's

Etrigan-Calscustoms.jpg

BTW, I know full well he used DCSH body sculpts.

DCSH Orion

Orionthedogofwar-1.jpg

Cal's Orion

Orion-Cals.jpg

thanks for the comparisons and oh by the way how do you do that with the pics and comparisons but oh yeah, sure and so did the 4HM, lol, and I don't recall saying he didn't and if you go back to the link I provided and go back to the site, you will see that I said that. I mean I will eventually be getting the 4HMs take on the DC Universe and just because I can move them a hell of a lot more and like I have already done, once a figure is shown by Mattel and the 4HM and I have a custom of it then off to ebay it goes, lol and hopefully I will make some of my money back, lol.

DCSH Orion

Orionthedogofwar-1.jpg

Cal's Orion

Orion-Cals.jpg

thanks for the comparisons and oh by the way how do you do that with the pics and comparisons but oh yeah, sure and so did the 4HM, lol, and I don't recall saying he didn't and if you go back to the link I provided and go back to the site, you will see that I said that. I mean I will eventually be getting the 4HMs take on the DC Universe and just because I can move them a hell of a lot more and like I have already done, once a figure is shown by Mattel and the 4HM and I have a custom of it then off to ebay it goes, lol and hopefully I will make some of my money back, lol.

Chill, what I meant is, before someone came on here saying the reason they look so similar is that he used the DCSH sculpts, I wanted to beat them to the punch & let them know I was aware of that.

Still great customs!

DCSH Orion

Orionthedogofwar-1.jpg

Cal's Orion

Orion-Cals.jpg

Chill, what I meant is, before someone came on here saying the reason they look so similar is that he used the DCSH sculpts, I wanted to beat them to the punch & let them know I was aware of that.

Still great customs!

okay, lets just let this thread die before somone gets hurt, lol