Zanabar, and Wrecking Ball.

Usagi Yojimbo

I was reading the news letter for August then I got to the bottom of the letter. Their in the list of pre-orders from the club. I saw that their is a soldier wave 5 coming out in 2007 which has Zanabar, and wrecking ball. My quetion is will we see this or not? I also read what was said at sdcc and wonders if hasbro thinking about some stuff to show at the Joe Convetion for the 8" Joes. But I might be wrong I'm just reading for information. Please add any or all thoughts on this subject about Zanabar, and wrecking ball. Any other information might help to find out if these might see the day of light or not. (Hopes to see it.) #US1#

it's Zanzibar and Zandar's love child.. Zanabar!!!!!

Yeah, I read what was said at SDCC, hopefully we'll get more info from the Joecon.. my guess is they're waiting to see how these new "commando" figures do, and if they do well, they'll continue them.. if not.. then they'll probably scrap the 8" line.. :(

So.. hopefully, they do well.

I read this over at Hisstank.com, that the 8" Kung Fu Grip Combat Squad is cancelled? @hmmm@

http://www.hisstank.com/forum/showthread.php?t=829

Does this mean the Cobat Squad series only, or 8" S6 styled Joes altogether?

I read this over at Hisstank.com, that the 8" Kung Fu Grip Combat Squad is cancelled? @hmmm@

Combat Squad is not cancelled they showed the Combat Squad wave 2 at SDCC in the show case as coming out in 2007. Plus you can see pictures of Combat Squad wave 2 on MC page without being a member.

From what I uderstand the 8" Joes will come out until the end of 2007. Their were no plans for the 8" Joes to come out 2008 or less people start buying them and hasbro see's a good sales record for 2007. (Thus I still have hope for 8" Joes for 2008). Most of the forums I read said they were going bye bye, but hasbro is just testing the waters right now and from what I seen it just depends on the sales. @hmmm@ #US1#

Combat Squad is not cancelled they showed the Combat Squad wave 2 at SDCC in the show case as coming out in 2007. Plus you can see pictures of Combat Squad wave 2 on MC page without being a member.

From what I uderstand the 8" Joes will come out until the end of 2007. Their were no plans for the 8" Joes to come out 2008 or less people start buying them and hasbro see's a good sales record for 2007. (Thus I still have hope for 8" Joes for 2008). Most of the forums I read said they were going bye bye, but hasbro is just testing the waters right now and from what I seen it just depends on the sales. @hmmm@ #US1#

Well, I knew all that, but the posted report indicates "no room for 8" Joes in 2008". So what we've seen is still coming out, but the report indicates that it MAY be the end of it after that.

Once this kind of news starts to surface, and talk of "pending sales" is attached to a toylines future, it's as good as dead....usually! This isn't just fan speculation, or gloom and doom conjecture out of spite or indifference to the line. I think it was information taken from Hasbro reps themselves, that didn't have much to say for the lines future beyond '07.

Bad sign. :(

This makes me sad. I have really enjoyed the line so far. I hate the rediculous amounts of repaints and the dozens of versions of Duke, SS and SE but over all I thought the line was great fun. If this really the end i will miss it.

I just got woo'd over to the dark side with'em, and now THIS? ^_^

I'm a jinx or something ain't I? :(

They are on clearance at my Wally World currently for $11 each.

Well, if the 8" joes have to go away to make sure that the 3 3/4" stuff takes a more prominent role, then die die die...

Well, if the 8" joes have to go away to make sure that the 3 3/4" stuff takes a more prominent role, then die die die...

May I ask why you want the 8" Joes to go away seeing that thay are using the same style for 25th anniversary Joes? Which I know you brought some of the 25th anniversary Joes in the store. I've brought Flint from the 25th anniversary Joes and I can say that they used the 8" idea to make the 25th anniversary Joes when you compare them to each other. I like the new 3 3/4" because of the sigma idea they used. Plus if you get rid of the 8" joes it will not give the 3 3/4" Joes a more prominent role. So by you putting down the 8" Joe set you are also putting down the 3 3/4" Joe set. @hmmm@

It's like saying (or suggesting) that IF (big if) the 8" figures are going on hiatus or are falling into uncertain territory (regarding their future) to make room for the 25th line to excel a little bit (why they can't maintain several lines of G.I.Joe like most the other lines do, I have no idea?) and to focus on the 3 3/4" scale again...

Then have at it, and BON VOYAGEE' 8 inchers! ^_^ See ya on the backside of the 25th lines run! icon_hello.gif

I'm almost certain Mace wasn't "putting them down" but stating an approval of the "suggestion" that Hasbro MIGHT be putting all their effort into the 25th stuff over the 8" stuff....for now! ^_^

It's like saying (or suggesting) that IF (big if) the 8" figures are going on hiatus or are falling into uncertain territory (regarding their future) to make room for the 25th line to excel a little bit (why they can't maintain several lines of G.I.Joe like most the other lines do, I have no idea?) and to focus on the 3 3/4" scale again...

Then have at it, and BON VOYAGEE' 8 inchers! ^_^ See ya on the backside of the 25th lines run! icon_hello.gif

I'm almost certain Mace wasn't "putting them down" but stating an approval of the "suggestion" that Hasbro MIGHT be putting all their effort into the 25th stuff over the 8" stuff....for now! ^_^

Let us not forget that 3 3/4 was put on HIATUS so that the Sigma Six line could grow...Turn about is fair play and all that. If they would have done the 8inch line the way they are doing it NOW at the beginning, I would have been sucked in earlier.

As it is, I'll take more shelf space for 25th stuff. Not hatin on 8inch, just like the 3 3/4 scale better.

I just got woo'd over to the dark side with'em, and now THIS? ^_^

I'm a jinx or something ain't I? :(

I'm right there with you, buddy. I picked up the new Commando Snake Eyes a few days ago and I found the Shockwave today at Wal-Mart. But I also realize as much as I like these two it is few and far between in the others that I want.

Guest DavAnthony

To those of you who liked Sigma Six I'm sorry something you enjoyed is getting the Hasbro treatment

I'm curious just months ago Hasbro was saying Sigma Six sales "WERE BETTER THEN EXPECTED" and the "LINE IS DOING GREAT, WE"RE ALL VERY HAPPY WITH IT".

It seems more evident to me now then before that Sigma Six was some Corp Suits lovechild and they spun it however the needed to make him happy.

I'm skeptical of just about everything that's "spun" these days. <_<

If they want to kill or lay to rest (announce a "hiatus" for) ANY of the Joe lines, they can site "lagging sales" as the reason, when in fact, it might be doing pretty well, but they just want to do something else for awhile.

We can't even get facts straight (or straight answers) from Hasbro, when they're right there in front of fans, at these big conventions, and 10 different "spins" are "spun" from one or two answers or reports. @lol@

They blame excitable fans and geek-ish "fanboys" as generating this phenomenon amongst the equally excitable community, but I have to wonder sometimes, if they're not as equally to blame for not knowing their asses from a hole in the ground, and just lobbing "bones" at us for immediate consumption, until they decide where they're going next...for CERTAIN? :(

Plain and simple, they tried reinventing something that didn't need reinventing. Look at how well the tribute 25th line is doing, it shows that if its not broke don't try to fix it.I did like the sigma six line, but I think it was more of filler line to keep the name going. Unfortunatly they don't think 2 Joe lines can run at the same time. Some of the stuff wasn't bad, but it was far from perfect. I thought that the figures were a nice touch when compared to the last 12" rah run they had. I wasn't too keen on the anime style at first but it did grow on me. The cartoon wasn't bad either, considering the 2 movie dvds we had to go on with before that. Since it is ending I think my final figures to get will be the adventure team (especially Storm shadow w/ tiger).