Ordered a sliver/gold Destro set and they don't have them!

CaptainGridIron

When I placed by my bid on ebay with toyrocket.com it was not a Pre-order as mentioned above. The title of the the auction was "SDCC COMIC-CON 2007 GI G.I. JOE SILVER/GOLD DESTRO SET ABSOLUTE 110% GUARANTEED DELIVERY FROM SDCC EXHIBITOR" and when I placed my bid it said 5 sets available.

But my question is??? Why did some from toyrocket.com get their Destro sets and some others did not???

If toyrocket.com did not have them to sell on ebay because of the high demand then why list the auction and say that their was "5 sets available"

I don't know, no one here can really answer that. I would go to ToyRocket's site and contact them directly and ask, cause only they know, I was simply trying to give you all some background on how these exclusives tend to work in general so you had a better understanding of it, I don't have any contact with toy rocket and know nothing about their personal business practices. Joe is probably right, they probably got a limited number and filled orders on a first come first serve basis with what they got, but like I said only TR knows for sure what they did.

I emailed them 4 times in a week, no response, so when I called, the woman at toyrocket.com said they didn't get any of the Destro's..........Oh well, live and learn I guess..

Dude.... you got screwed even worse then I did since other received their GOLD DESTROs from the very same auction you bought yours at on JULY 25th!! ...And to top things off I counted at least (10) people that received GOLD DESTROS from acutions ranging from JULY 11th-JULY 26th! Guess who's getting a nasty call tommorow morning.... stay tuned!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=190134508734

Hey all,

Well on 7/ 25, I won an auction for a silver/gold Destron Comic Con figures from toyrocket.com auctions. Well after many emails from me, I called today and they said hasbro would not sell to them the figures and I would be getting a refund. I recieved the refund tonight so in total I will have one gold head & one silver form Imperial Outpost toys and 4 silver form hasbrotoyshop. At least I got one Gold head! Also here is the title form the auction

"SDCC COMIC-CON 2007 GI G.I. JOE SILVER/GOLD DESTRO SET

ABSOLUTE 110% GUARANTEED DELIVERY FROM SDCC EXHIBITOR"

Have you received anything from Imperial Outpost Toys? I ordered 3 Gold and 2 Silver Destros from them and have yet to receive anything. I bought one of the Golds from their Ebay auction and it was supposed to ship between the 29th and 31st. The other 2 Golds and 2 Silvers, I ordered from their website. Let me know if you get anything and I'll keep you informed as well.

Hey all,

Well on 7/ 25, I won an auction for a silver/gold Destron Comic Con figures from toyrocket.com auctions. Well after many emails from me, I called today and they said hasbro would not sell to them the figures and I would be getting a refund. I recieved the refund tonight so in total I will have one gold head & one silver form Imperial Outpost toys and 4 silver form hasbrotoyshop. At least I got one Gold head! Also here is the title form the auction

Have you received anything from Imperial Outpost Toys? I ordered 3 Gold and 2 Silver Destros from them and have yet to receive anything. I bought one of the Golds from their Ebay auction and it was supposed to ship between the 29th and 31st. The other 2 Golds and 2 Silvers, I ordered from their website. Let me know if you get anything and I'll keep you informed as well.

Hey Spc Airborne,

I ordered a Gold and Silver Destro from Imperial Outpost toys too. I haven't heard any thing yet. I've emailed them a few times but no response. Let me know if you hear anything and I'll keep you informed as well.

I would have definitely left a negative feedback.

if somebody guarantees you that something will be delivered, then you expect to get it.

and because you had that guarantee, you didn't pursue other opportunities to acquire the items.

Now, there aren't any places to get them besides scalpers. So you lost out the opportunity. Therefore, it is not a case of "no harm done"

Hey all,

Paintfury & SPC Airborne,

I too ordered from Imperial Outpost Toys and my Gold Destro came today. I didn't have luck when I emailed them either but when I called last Thursday they were very helpful and told me that my oder was shipped out. I will do business with them again and you guys should have your Destro's soon. Side note, I did pay more for 2-day delivery and my order was shipped via USPS on Thusrday and came today.

Hey all,

I too ordered from Imperial Outpost Toys and my Gold Destro came today. I didn't have luck when I emailed them either but when I called last Thursday they were very helpful and told me that my oder was shipped out. I will do business with them again and you guys should have your Destro's soon. Side note, I did pay more for 2-day delivery and my order was shipped via USPS on Thusrday and came today.

That's some good news then. Hopefully, I'll get mine this week.

Hey all,

Sounds promising. Thanks

Hi Guys,

This is James from Toyrocket. I wanted to come on and personally address all the issues regarding the Gold/Silver Destros. I sent an email explaining all of this directly to everyone who preordered earlier this week but in case anyone did not receive the email, this is the story.

First, before getting into any explanations, I am very sorry for not being able to fill the preorders for these figures, both on behalf of everyone who works here and personally. This is literally the first time in the many years we have been offering preorders to folks that we were not able to fill one. On Wednesday at the show, we were told that the Destros were not being offered on preview night. This turned out not to be true as we saw some people walking around with CASES of the figures. On Thursday morning, I personally went to the Hasbrotoyshop booth to purchase the sets and was flat out told to forget it. They stated that the figures were for collectors and not resellers and that we would under no circumstances be sold any product. (This obviously turned out not to be true as well since, after the Destros sold out within 2 hours of the show's opening on Thursday, we were later able to buy all we wanted of any other exclusive and fill those preorders). I tried to explain that we had 52 people who had preordered these set who were not able to attend the show and, therefore, these would be going to collectors, but we were nonetheless denied. We spent the balance of the show offering up to $50 a set to attendees, although we only sold them for $35, in hopes of getting some to fill the orders despite the loss. However, after Thursday morning no attendees were able to get the figure and, therefore, no one had any to sell. To clarify for everyone, we did not get ONE SINGLE Destro figure, not one silver, not one gold, at any price from anyone. None of the 52 people who preordered got one. Everyone who preordered was issued a refund of 110% of the price. People have been misunderstanding the positive feedback we received from some individuals to be indicative of our having shipped to them... but if you read the feedbacks they all indicate that they were given refunds or that the ordered couldnt be filled. Feel free to click on the contact member link for any of the 52 preorder customers and you will not find one who received a set from us. The other speculation is that we did get some but hoarded them since they were going fo rmore. To repeat, we do not have 1 of them, never got 1, and probably will never get 1 unless Hasbro reissues. We are in Bladwin Park CA and I would invite anyone local to come take a tour of our warehouses and see for themselves that neither Destro is in the house. Believe me when I say that no potential extra profit from these would ever justify the bad press, ill will and abuse that have come as a result of not being able to fill these orders. Believe me that nothing would have made us happier than being able to fill these orders. But that is the nature of a preorder. Most eBayers would have just given a refund and said see ya later. That is the point of a guarantee. If people guarantee things with no referrence as to what the guarantee is, then the guarantee is worthless. It typically just means money back... but the law guarantees that so what is the point of their guarantee? Much like the commercials that say "we'll beat any price or your mattress is free!!!", we state very spcifically what our guarantee is. So when someone bids on a preorder, the contract is that the person will accept either the item or the 110% refund if we can't fill. In this respect, even though it is not what either we or the customers would have prefered, we honored this guarantee with all 52 people.

With regards to some of the listings not saying preorder, this is a technical glitch which we are working with eBay to figure out. All of our items are submitted with a piece of eBay software which employs predesigned templates. All of our preorders bear a "preorder" template which explains all the preorder and guarantee details... This can be seen in the first several listings we did for these figures. But somehow durings eBay's autorelisting of the auction, the template was dropped showing only the title and no other info, leading people to assume that we had the item in hand, even though they were exclusive to a show which was weeks away. Again, not an intentional deception (wouldnt make sense since the preorders were selling well) and I apologize for whatever went wrong there.

The bottom line is, it does suck that we were not able to fill the preorders, Hasbro obviously did not bring NEARLY enough to satisfy demand and I am positive they will make it more readily available soon. And if you feel the need to leave a negative over this, there is nothing I can do or say to stop you. But please bear in mind that we are here not to screw anyone but as a service and source for collectors. People calling and cussing out or threatening our operators including a single mother who is just here to make a living doesnt make the world better for anyone and won't make any Destros magically appear. We hope to re-earn everyone's business and to hopefully make up for it in the future, but if that is not possible I understand and wish you all luck in your collecting. If/when we are ever able to stock these figures, we will notify all 52 people, including those torching us, and give them the opportunity to buy them at whatever they cost us, leaving us with no profit, and they can keep the 10% overage refund. Hopefully this will be a first step in showing everyone that we take their business seriously and are hopefully here to stay. Thanks for your time.

James Bullock

President

Toy Rocket, Inc.

hope that teaches ya...."dont pre sell sh@t you can get!" ;)

"James Bullock" are you the guy from to close for comfort? @smilepunch@

TM

More likely it teaches him not to respond to complaints in the forums, because the anonymity of the internet allows people who wouldn't have the bollocks to make snide comments in person to snipe away as if they have a pair.

I've spent a lot of time in these forums the last two weeks (mostly started checking for Comic-Con information) and I have to say that I'm not sure if it's a by-product of the collector mentality, or just a general sense of American entitlement that makes people feel as if those figures were rightfully theirs. A pre-sale implies the item is not in hand, and you'd have to be a real archie not to know you might not get it. Even retailers who have things on order with their suppliers might not get the items they've presold...shipments get allocated all the time. The fact that his auction stated what you would receive in the event the item could not be filled, and that was honoured in this case (as the feedback most customers left would suggest) speaks volumes to me. It's an obvious disappointment for those who didn't get the item, but the very fact that this bloke had a guarantee in place that told you exactly what you'd be getting should the item be unfillable should have been a giant red flag that you were taking the risk of possibly not getting the item. Maybe you should have hedged your bets and bought another from another pre-sale...then you wouldn't be crying about it now, and if you'd ended up with an extra toy maybe you could have turned around and sold it yourself, or traded it with a friend who didn't get one.

If you ask me the real villain in this whole situation is Hasbro. A limited item at a regional show that they didn't bring enough of and sold by the case the first night seems like a big "sod off" to their customers to me. I saw them kick people out of line at the show for being "dealers" yet sold entire cases to others under the guise of making sure the collectors got first dibs. Isn't it funny that so many so-called "collectors" have these up on E-Bay for 80 to 100 dollars. I guess the real lesson here is if you want to get first crack at something, don't let Hasbro know you run a legitimate business and are trying to fill orders offered at a reasonable price...pass yourself off as a "true fan," buy it all then rape the fans for all they've got on E-Bay.

Mr. Bullock, I've never heard of your company before, but after I saw your post on here attempting to get the matter sorted, I am impressed. You'll get trolled and burned at the stake in the forums, of course, for daring to be imperfect amongst so many flawless trolls, but any rational person will appreciate you taking the time to set the record straight. You may have lost a few buyers over this, but you've earned a future one here.

More likely it teaches him not to respond to complaints in the forums, because the anonymity of the internet allows people who wouldn't have the bollocks to make snide comments in person to snipe away as if they have a pair.

naw I would totally tell him that in person. The same way I would ...

TM

Joerhyno Edit: Now, now TM.. let's be civil...

naw I would totally tell him that in person. The same way I would ...

TM

Joerhyno Edit: Now, now TM.. let's be civil...

Thanks, mate, for proving my point. Pretty easy to see who's the businessperson and who's the mouth-breathing troglodyte.

Cheers!

Um.. yeah.. I don't see this panning out too well, so I'm gonna go ahead and close it, Toyrocket came in and explained his side and I the reasoning for giving the refund, I think that pretty much explains everything.. so we'll leave it at that..