Ordered a sliver/gold Destro set and they don't have them!

CaptainGridIron

Hey all,

Well on 7/ 25, I won an auction for a silver/gold Destron Comic Con figures from toyrocket.com auctions. Well after many emails from me, I called today and they said hasbro would not sell to them the figures and I would be getting a refund. I recieved the refund tonight so in total I will have one gold head & one silver form Imperial Outpost toys and 4 silver form hasbrotoyshop. At least I got one Gold head! Also here is the title form the auction

"SDCC COMIC-CON 2007 GI G.I. JOE SILVER/GOLD DESTRO SET

ABSOLUTE 110% GUARANTEED DELIVERY FROM SDCC EXHIBITOR"

you got screwed , cant you take that up with ebay

How? I got my money refunded.

cause it was guaranteed , the figures should have been yours

even with a guarantee, it was speculation until they had them in hand. I don't think this warrants a negative, it was a risk you took that didn't work out. the buyer didn't do anything malicious.

I just told my girl NEVER to shop from them again... i would be so upset if I spent cash to save me a figure and then tell me they cant get it....I am not saying it loud, but with the prices they are going for, I winder if they really dont have them....

This same thing happened to me. i won an auction for a gold and a silver destro .only after the SDCC the guy emailed me and said he couldnt get any silver destros, asked if i would take 2 gold. i said yes and a couple days later the guy refunds my money. now because of this dill hole i didnt order them off HTS because i new i had 2 gold coming and was planning on trading the second gold for a silver!

this numb nuts was totally wrong for stringing me along about the 2 gold. i would of been cool had he just said "i couldnt get the figures..sorry" he did refund my money so i didnt feel a negative was due so i left a neutral. i was reading his feedback and another guy left a negative for the same reason!

the guys ebay id is olyp

TM

This same thing happened to me. i won an auction for a gold and a silver destro .only after the SDCC the guy emailed me and said he couldnt get any silver destros, asked if i would take 2 gold. i said yes and a couple days later the guy refunds my money. now because of this dill hole i didnt order them off HTS because i new i had 2 gold coming and was planning on trading the second gold for a silver!

this numb nuts was totally wrong for stringing me along about the 2 gold. i would of been cool had he just said "i couldnt get the figures..sorry" he did refund my money so i didnt feel a negative was due so i left a neutral. i was reading his feedback and another guy left a negative for the same reason!

the guys ebay id is olyp

TM

I'd watch him to see if he starts putting Gold Destros up for auction. He might be smart enough to put it under a different name, but you never know.

the same thing happened to me with toyrocket.com! They sent me the 10percent refund but not the money I paid for the figures! They suck and they did not have the figures in-hand when we bought the figures

on ebay! They're getting a big phat negative from me!!!

even with a guarantee, it was speculation until they had them in hand. I don't think this warrants a negative, it was a risk you took that didn't work out. the buyer didn't do anything malicious.

WHAT!? Nah....this totally warrants a negative. This isn't the stock or commodities market. Now that is based on risk and speculation. Not eBay.

Dude, ring the guy up. Especially if he shipped some but not others. It is pure scalper (aka buyer) arrogance that led them to guarentee more pre-orders than product they could get their hands on.

I ALMOST did a pre-order and backed out asking myself how this guy (and others) was going to pull it off considering we heard of purchase limits (which I guess that did not get enforced). I am glad I waited and I am glad I had luck ordering on HTS.

I can almost guarentee that you will see a booth at the Joe Con selling these ($100 says Brian's Toys will). If people want to riot on them, let me know and I will gladly join in.

Well first, you guys should realize that when your pre-ordering things like con exclusives, there is going to be a risk that they dont get them, yeah saying 110% guarantee for a pre-order isn't very smart but the fact they gave you your money back IMO would indicate that there is no cause for negative feedback.

In some cases im sure these etailers make pre-arrangements with the toy companies to obatain a certain amount of the product that doesnt sell but the fact is these things are meant to be sold to con goers first, which means in most cases those people at the con are going to be given priority over anyone trying to sell them on the secondary market, which in all honestly is fair and how it should be.

Basically I don't think they expected the demand for these to be as high as it was. The Destro's were gone by Thursday afternoon. I didn't even have a chance to get one for myself, I had to order them on Hasbrotoyshop.com.

Now some may wonder why they sold out at comic-con but still had figures to sell at HTS. Well the best I can figure it is these places have limited space to store their stock at the con, so they have to figure out before the show starts how much stock to bring in. Basically when they set up their booths they have these forklift drive in the platelets of cases to stock in these little back rooms each vendor is given. Obviously some companies have more space then others as they can afford to buy more space on the con floor, but still its pretty limited when you think about how much space these boxes can take up. Im sure Hasbro reasoned that the Star Wars and Transformers exclusives would be in more demand so they allocated more space for them, which is a resonable assumption.

So anyway once the show starts and everything is set up its not really feesable to bring in more platelets, there is no longer room for forklifts to drive around the con floor and unload new cases, so basically once they stock their stuff at the beginning of the show thats what they are stuck with.

I have no idea how many Destro's Hasbro actually had made, we can assume they stocked their con booth with a certain number they felt was sufficent for demand (which they under-estimated) and left the remaining ones behind to be sold at HTS which also quickly sold out leaving nothing left to sell to etailers in any kind of sufficent numbers. I know in fact because the demand at the con was so high for the exclusives that Hasbro would not allow vendors to get in line for them to buy after the preview nite. Hasbro had to go to a ticketing system because the lines were so long and the Fire Marshall was yelling at them for it, and if you were a vendor trying to buy them to re-sell Hasbro would not allow you to have a ticket, cause they wanted to make sure the collectors got first shot at them.

So anyway my point is that alot of this is guess work before hand, no one really knows how popular something is or isnt going to be. No company wants to be left with stock that doesnt sell yet, you got to try and gauge the popularity to have enough stock to go around. Sometimes estimates are wrong and you get shortages. I don't think in this case Toy Rocket was trying to rip anyone off, they simply are a small business trying to provide you the products you want as best they can. In this case they couldn't deliever because there just wans't enough product to fill the demand, not their fault and not Hasbro's cause they had never done Joe exclusives at SDCC to know what to really expect.

So anyway my point is that alot of this is guess work before hand, no one really knows how popular something is or isnt going to be. No company wants to be left with stock that doesnt sell yet, you got to try and gauge the popularity to have enough stock to go around. Sometimes estimates are wrong and you get shortages. I don't think in this case Toy Rocket was trying to rip anyone off, they simply are a small business trying to provide you the products you want as best they can. In this case they couldn't deliever because there just wans't enough product to fill the demand, not their fault and not Hasbro's cause they had never done Joe exclusives at SDCC to know what to really expect.

Me thinks you are in the minority on this. :P

toyrocket.com ebay Feedback

See some got them................... Not Fair... @firedevil@

This happened to me as well from the same seller. And read the feedback again it states that the figures were not recieved but that they did receive a 110% refund. Just because some are taking it better than you and I they choose to still leave a positive, I won't.

MATT

When I placed by my bid on ebay with toyrocket.com it was not a Pre-order as mentioned above. The title of the the auction was "SDCC COMIC-CON 2007 GI G.I. JOE SILVER/GOLD DESTRO SET ABSOLUTE 110% GUARANTEED DELIVERY FROM SDCC EXHIBITOR" and when I placed my bid it said 5 sets available.

But my question is??? Why did some from toyrocket.com get their Destro sets and some others did not???

If toyrocket.com did not have them to sell on ebay because of the high demand then why list the auction and say that their was "5 sets available"

When I placed by my bid on ebay with toyrocket.com it was not a Pre-order as mentioned above. The title of the the auction was "SDCC COMIC-CON 2007 GI G.I. JOE SILVER/GOLD DESTRO SET ABSOLUTE 110% GUARANTEED DELIVERY FROM SDCC EXHIBITOR" and when I placed my bid it said 5 sets available.

But my question is??? Why did some from toyrocket.com get their Destro sets and some others did not???

If toyrocket.com did not have them to sell on ebay because of the high demand then why list the auction and say that their was "5 sets available"

I don't know, no one here can really answer that. I would go to ToyRocket's site and contact them directly and ask, cause only they know, I was simply trying to give you all some background on how these exclusives tend to work in general so you had a better understanding of it, I don't have any contact with toy rocket and know nothing about their personal business practices. Joe is probably right, they probably got a limited number and filled orders on a first come first serve basis with what they got, but like I said only TR knows for sure what they did.

I don't know, no one here can really answer that. I would go to ToyRocket's site and contact them directly and ask, cause only they know, I was simply trying to give you all some background on how these exclusives tend to work in general so you had a better understanding of it, I don't have any contact with toy rocket and know nothing about their personal business practices. Joe is probably right, they probably got a limited number and filled orders on a first come first serve basis with what they got, but like I said only TR knows for sure what they did.

I emailed them 4 times in a week, no response, so when I called, the woman at toyrocket.com said they didn't get any of the Destro's..........Oh well, live and learn I guess..

I emailed them 4 times in a week, no response, so when I called, the woman at toyrocket.com said they didn't get any of the Destro's..........Oh well, live and learn I guess..

For those of you that bought from toyrocket.com on EBAY (JULY 26th) as I did... FYI: this was not a PRE-ORDER they had (5 sets) available at time of purchase with BUY-IT-NOW!! SEE THE LINK BELOW OF THE ACTUAL AUCTION.... DO NOT EVER BUY FROM THESE PEOPLE... 110% guarantee is no guarantee with them! I could have choosen to purchase from others at the same time and choose not too becuae of their guarantee! Thank You toyrocket.com! Now I have no GOLD destro!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...N:IT&ih=009