How I got the 25th Cobra set for $3.95

Crimson Twins

Well, I've been going to a local collectable/comic store that is located in the PX mall here at Schofield Barracks almost daily trying to get the new 25th stuff. I went there today, nothing new. But the guy told me that someone came in earlier and said they bought the last two 25th figures from inside the PX. I figured I'd go see if they happen to put out more stock. Well, they had the SE and SS single packs and the Cobra 5 pack. I went to pay for them and the cashier rang up the single packs first. $4.95 each. Cool. Not Wal-Mart good, but the no tax makes it all about even. She goes to ring up the 5 pack, and nothing comes up. So, it goes to the side with a supervisor trying to look it up in the system. After 30 minutes, still nothing. Finally someone from the back calls and says it's $3.95. The supervisor say no way it's cheaper than one figure when it's a set of five. SO, about another five minutes goes by, and we get another call from the back. She's obviously flustered and tells the supervisor to sell it to me for $3.95. So, boom! $3.95 it is! yippee! I got out of there as fast as I could. I wasn't about to have them call me back and give me another price.

Not a bad way to start off my 25th collecting. Two single packs, and the Cobra set for $13.85

sweet pick up

sounds like "conduct unbecoming" to me if you are an officer. c'mon, ripping off the exchange, that's low. Target is one thing, I've done business with them and they are a horrible organization that abuses their vendors. but the exchange is providing an arguably decent service for our military personnel.

sounds like "conduct unbecoming" to me if you are an officer. c'mon, ripping off the exchange, that's low. Target is one thing, I've done business with them and they are a horrible organization that abuses their vendors. but the exchange is providing an arguably decent service for our military personnel.

Good thing I'm enlisted and not an officer then. @loll@

I was willing to pay the full amount. I just wanted to buy them. She gave em to me at that price.

I was willing to pay the full amount. I just wanted to buy them. She gave em to me at that price.

hey, I'm not hammering you, my comment was slightly tongue-in-cheek...slightly. but you know how much they should cost, so your silence for, what did you say, oh 30 MINUTES, when you knew how much they should be and could have interjetced to save her the trouble and yourself the time, shows you were obviously hoping not to pay the full amount. that reflects more on your intentions than your willingness to have to pay the full amount if you were made to. like I said, it is the exchange, there just seems to me something wrong with that.

$3.95 is a more reasonable price to pay for these anyway. I doubt they have more than 90 cents in material for the entire lot.

@smilepunch@

hey, I'm not hammering you, my comment was slightly tongue-in-cheek...slightly. but you know how much they should cost, so your silence for, what did you say, oh 30 MINUTES, when you knew how much they should be and could have interjetced to save her the trouble and yourself the time, shows you were obviously hoping not to pay the full amount. that reflects more on your intentions than your willingness to have to pay the full amount if you were made to. like I said, it is the exchange, there just seems to me something wrong with that.

I had actually told her that on HTS they were selling for $25. The supervisor that was working with me knew they should be about $25 because they were selling the singles for almost $5 and there were five figures in the pack. When I told her they were $25, she said that their price at the PX should be cheaper than that. What I did not mention is that both myself and the supervisor knew they should be more, and she said she was going to tell her boss about the other lady telling her to sell them for that price. She was really nice to me about it. She said it almost seemed fair since I had given up my time to wait, and they had made the mistake in the first place by putting it on the floor without it being in the system.

I have yet to see them on the island, lucky you. I wish I could get on base so I could hit up the exchanges :P Oh well. Let me know if you ever get extra single packs as I would love to get some for customs. I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

I have yet to see them on the island, lucky you. I wish I could get on base so I could hit up the exchanges :P Oh well. Let me know if you ever get extra single packs as I would love to get some for customs. I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

I'll keep my eyes open. I haven't seen them on island either, and just happened to stumble on them today.

I had actually told her that on HTS they were selling for $25. The supervisor that was working with me knew they should be about $25 because they were selling the singles for almost $5 and there were five figures in the pack. When I told her they were $25, she said that their price at the PX should be cheaper than that. What I did not mention is that both myself and the supervisor knew they should be more, and she said she was going to tell her boss about the other lady telling her to sell them for that price. She was really nice to me about it. She said it almost seemed fair since I had given up my time to wait, and they had made the mistake in the first place by putting it on the floor without it being in the system.

And here we learn the lesson, "When you tell the story, tell the whole story." ;)

It's nice to hear that 1) you did step up, and 2) the supervisor was willing to let that go for the 'lookup' price noting that you were stuck waiting for a half an hour.

Viper Hunter, don't forget that there's more to the toy than the material: There's the artist's rendition, the sculptor's modeling, the engineer's tooling and joint design, the factory worker's wage for manning the plastic vat, transport to / from China, etc.

Viper Hunter, don't forget that there's more to the toy than the material: There's the artist's rendition, the sculptor's modeling, the engineer's tooling and joint design, the factory worker's wage for manning the plastic vat, transport to / from China, etc.

alright, alright! Make it a buck fifty then! @lol@

Hey CT, as far as I'm concerned, service men (and women) deserve to get these for free for serving your country. You guys are the embodiment of all that G.I. Joe stands for. God bless ya man!